N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1301)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 12-22-2018, 08:40 PM

Here is another log I did the other day
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-21 22_58_10Map_2.csv (13.7 KB, 121 views)
(#1302)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
Here is another log I did the other day
Looks strong to me. One timing drop at timestamp 85 but not uncommon during longer pulls. If we had cyl 2-6 timing I'm sure we'd see at least one during every run in at least one cylinder as that is how the adaptive timing system operates. Always trying to optimize advance as high as it safely can.

What fuel?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1303)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 12-23-2018, 01:13 PM

We ever figure out how to fix the “pause” at start up? Ever since the new beta car is still doing it
(#1304)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 02:39 PM

It's related to WMI passive delete for those who enable it. I haven't had time to look in to it further.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1305)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Jason@BMS has our Stinger working on the intake install guide and took a run by his private track last night. Bit slower than my time but he's doing it on an upward slope! Changes since my runs are the Eibach sports springs, and Jason probably weights around 25# less than I do.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1306)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-24-2018, 10:11 AM

Much better launch - not so much the 60ft even but look how much sooner it almost hits 1g of accel
(#1307)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 10:22 AM

Might just be a better track, or might be the springs. I'll try it again on my track when time permits.

Burger Motorsports

(#1308)
Old

Default 12-24-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks strong to me. One timing drop at timestamp 85 but not uncommon during longer pulls. If we had cyl 2-6 timing I'm sure we'd see at least one during every run in at least one cylinder as that is how the adaptive timing system operates. Always trying to optimize advance as high as it safely can.

What fuel?
I always use sunoco 93 and another quick pull tonight and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! To you Terry and all my stinger brother and sisters out there
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-24 15_54_20Map_3.csv (9.2 KB, 109 views)
(#1309)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 10:06 PM

Seems fine to me. Merry xmas!

Burger Motorsports

(#1310)
Old

Car: gt2
Default 12-25-2018, 12:50 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS Yall
(#1311)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Anybody have pin issues when installing?
(#1312)
Old

Default 12-25-2018, 01:02 PM

I keep getting, make sure you jb4 56 is ready to install.
(#1313)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2018, 05:20 PM

If you need app support check the jb4 mobile app thread in the n54 forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#1314)
Old

Default 12-25-2018, 05:22 PM

Sir,

I emailed them. No response yet. Does the unit work in the default even though it is not connected to the app?
(#1315)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#1316)
Old

Default 12-25-2018, 05:50 PM

Got it fixed. Thank you sir.
(#1317)
Old

Default 12-26-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Better late than never... Finally released our BMS Stinger Intakes! In stock and ready to ship. Intro price $329.

BMS Kia Stinger Performance Intake - BurgerTuning.com

Hi Terry,
Is it also producing loud sound when not accelerating hard (you know at highway cruising)? I am looking for an intake system which is not too loud during regular daily use and just shows up when you push the car harder.
Do you have an installation manual available for download? Would love to take a look at it.

Thanks
(#1318)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-26-2018, 08:06 PM

I just installed the JB4 an fuel wires. Can you check these logs? Running Map 2. I know they are short but I just want to be sure things look OK. This is using the latest firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-24 08_22_30 Map-2.csv (10.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-24 08_23_03 Map-2.csv (7.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-26 08_31_49 Map-2.csv (6.4 KB, 130 views)
(#1319)
Old

Default 12-26-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by przemek.k
Hi Terry,
Is it also producing loud sound when not accelerating hard (you know at highway cruising)? I am looking for an intake system which is not too loud during regular daily use and just shows up when you push the car harder.
Do you have an installation manual available for download? Would love to take a look at it.

Thanks
Hi I'm pretty sure that any open air filter is going to make noise especially being on a turbo setup that's the whole purpose of them on top of adding hp only stock air boxes are quite or a factory like closed in air box setup.
(#1320)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by przemek.k
Hi Terry,

Thanks
Manual will be on our site shortly if it isn't already. Can't really notice the intake unless racing around.

Burger Motorsports

(#1321)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe99999
I just installed the JB4 an fuel wires. Can you check these logs? Running Map 2. I know they are short but I just want to be sure things look OK. This is using the latest firmware.
Looks all normal to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#1322)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default Help! - 12-27-2018, 04:00 PM

I updated to beta 3 and and got a checksum error. Iíve reloaded firmware a couple of times and it continues to give me issue (and the car of course barely runs). How can I fix?
(#1323)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 12-27-2018, 04:16 PM

Got the intake in the mail and installed tonight. Start to finish took about an hour. I need to relocate my driver side catch can though. Love the design keeping the lower part of the box which connects to the factory duct.
(#1324)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sboylan
I updated to beta 3 and and got a checksum error. Iíve reloaded firmware a couple of times and it continues to give me issue (and the car of course barely runs). How can I fix?
Car won't run without the JB4 having firmware loaded, and after loading now you'll need to clear the fault codes out.

If your phone has a weaker signal holding the phone closer to the blue tooth device can help.

Burger Motorsports

(#1325)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 12-27-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Car won't run without the JB4 having firmware loaded, and after loading now you'll need to clear the fault codes out.

If your phone has a weaker signal holding the phone closer to the blue tooth device can help.
Btw - every time I reload the firmware I am getting a checksum error