N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default P01300 Unknown code Multiple times - 05-07-2018, 05:37 PM

I just had the MMP 1k Turbos installed with inlets and aluminum outlets. Also had some poly engine mounts installed.

using JB4 back end flash for hybrid turbos and e85. Running around half e85 and half 93oct.

car seemed ok for a few pulls a week or so ago, now I went to go log the other night and I am getting P01300 unknown code, it has happened after 3-4 attempts to get a full 3rd gear log.

car has DMFW and 335is clutch, but I didn't think I would run into problems with that already especially in the midrange rpms and I am not even sure what P01300 is as a search shows nothing.

basically it sometimes drops me back from map 6 to map4 and it throws the service engine soon light and it cuts fuel sometimes until I clear it.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 180507_2036.csv (29.5 KB, 69 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-07-2018, 08:44 PM

That log is corrupt.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 05:04 PM

here is the log try this.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-06 19_30_40.csv (29.6 KB, 57 views)
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Log is too short- only WOT for 3400-4800 rpm

From what I can see given the short log, some timing drops already across multiple cylinders

Generally we recommend you log map 1 or 2 after installing new hardware so we can safely evaluate any issues.

Please relog map 1, and lower boost safety from 30

2K to redline w. Traction off 3rd grar

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-13-2018, 08:04 PM

how about this one, it all looked ok until it threw the same code again p01300 unknown and gave me SES.

I am running the jp4 port injection controller, port injection, BEF for e85 with PI and hybrid turbos. however even before PI it was throwing this code.

only thing I can think of is DMFW. I am running a LUK stock style DMFW that is about 20k miles old, however I thought it would throw a misfire code and only over 6000 rpms
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-11 17_23_43.csv (26.7 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by matthewo; 05-13-2018 at 08:33 PM..
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-13-2018, 10:29 PM

The log looks really healthy to me. I think you just hit boost safety? Lower your FF to 50 and re log, it should fix it.

Usually DMFW is around 5900 rpm and constant, I remember I had it.

Also make sure in the JB4 mobile settings you click E series N54 for your car, it's showing q50, maybe that's why the code is showing unknown.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 05-14-2018, 05:55 AM

Thanks Payam,

good point about the car selection in jb4 mobile. I probably didn't setup the JB4 mobile to select car or it may have reset, and I am only checking it with that app. I will change it and report back.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-14-2018, 09:55 AM

well looks like it was just cause the car was set on q50 as you said.

Ran another 2-3 gear pull log and got the 5 cyl misfire at around 5800-5900 rpms.

looks like I need a smfw and spec 3+

but just for the heck of it I will swap coils and run a few more logs of 3rd gear only pulls.

(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-14-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
well looks like it was just cause the car was set on q50 as you said.

Ran another 2-3 gear pull log and got the 5 cyl misfire at around 5800-5900 rpms.

looks like I need a smfw and spec 3+

but just for the heck of it I will swap coils and run a few more logs of 3rd gear only pulls.

Yea, give it a shot just to make sure. I remember it was very consistent at the same rpm, that's how I knew it was the DMFW.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!