N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2376)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 05:55 PM

It's still a feature under development for the N55, but if you want to play around everything will be left unchecked, except startup E85 indicator (fun option), and then the virtual sensor offset value needs to be setup for your BEF scalar. For the E85 BEF I'd start with a value of 140 and evaluate it from there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2377)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 07-01-2017, 08:33 PM

I have FF wires connected with 4 gallons E85 / 93 mix. What should these menu's be set to on the JB4 mobile?
Attached Images

(#2378)
Old

Car: 2013 535i (N55 F10)
Default 07-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Those settings do not apply to just hooking up the FF wires, you need an aftermarket Ethanol sensor in line on your fuel supply.

2013 F10 535i N55 PWG, Pure Stage 2, Wagner FMIC, ER Charge pipe, ER **, BMS Intake, JB4, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, Fuel-It Platinum PI Kit, BootMod3 Flash, Remus Exhaust, Custom In-let, N20 TMAP.
1999 e36 M3 - Track Car
(#2379)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 07-02-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e
I have FF wires connected with 4 gallons E85 / 93 mix. What should these menu's be set to on the JB4 mobile?
Look one post above yours.

2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / M3 Control Arms / VRSF Piping/ Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers 6K-18K / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
(#2380)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 07-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen
Look one post above yours.
Wasn't sure what the "Ethanol Input" was related to mixing in E85. I'll leave everything unchecked and just keep the E85 startup option on.
(#2381)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i
Default 07-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Hi guys, new to the forum. I was wondering what happens if you flash a G5 ISO firmware to a non ISO board. I think I might have done that last night... I'm gonna check for sure when I get back from work today. The car ran fine last night after I did the firmware upgrade (N55_ISO_15), I was previously running 5/8//1.
(#2382)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 09:27 AM

5/8 is ISO firmware so probably OK. If you run in to any issues you'd have to post a log to the support area with details.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2383)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i
Default 07-11-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
5/8 is ISO firmware so probably OK. If you run in to any issues you'd have to post a log to the support area with details.
Damn Terry, I heard you reply quick, didn't know it was this quick lol. I upgraded to the newer firmware cause I was having issues with my wastegate rattle when I was accelerating, I upgraded to the new firmware and set it to the default wastegate position (60) and it is 98% gone! Would I increase or decrease the value to get that additional 1% or so
(#2384)
Old

Car: 2011 135i 6MT
Default 07-23-2017, 04:31 PM

Just updated to ISO 15 and all of a sudden my ******* ******** CEL is no longer auto clearing.. It never came on before the update. Now it's on every 30 miles or so. Odd.
(#2385)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 N55 335i Coupe M-Sport
Default 07-23-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinaslink
Just updated to ISO 15 and all of a sudden my ******* ******** CEL is no longer auto clearing.. It never came on before the update. Now it's on every 30 miles or so. Odd.
I have the same issue after updating to ISO 15. I tried to reflash back to 14 but it states "not USA compliant".
(#2386)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-23-2017, 07:59 PM

For me clearing never worked. I mean, I was getting CEL when accelerating long on high gear. I guess MHD backend flash is necessary for autoclear.

Interestingly though, I don't ever get CEL on 5.15 now.
But the car is not as quick as before either. Before on map 2 it was more crazy at mid high rpm. .

135i N55 2011
(#2387)
Old

Default 07-24-2017, 05:55 AM

Interesting.. I wonder if this is really due to the update. Terry, is there an option to turn auto clear on/off?
(#2388)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinaslink
Interesting.. I wonder if this is really due to the update. Terry, is there an option to turn auto clear on/off?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47748

Burger Motorsports

(#2389)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Coupe
Default 07-28-2017, 10:30 AM

Hello Terry,

Where can I find previous hex files??

Quote:
(#2390)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2017, 12:07 PM

Merged primary JB4 E series thread and ISO firmware thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#2391)
Old

Car: 2013 335i XDrive coupe
Default 07-31-2017, 02:02 AM

Hey Terry -

4/1 option for stealth mode does not appear to be working on newest 5/15 iso firmware

2013 E92 335i XDrive MSport 6MT, JB4, Pure Stage 2, Pure Inlet, N20 TMAP, ETS 5" FMIC, Drop in filter, 4" AR *********, Fuel-it Stage 2, ER CP, GFB DV+
(#2392)
Old

Default 08-01-2017, 07:05 AM

Terry, thanks for the info on auto clearing legality.. I understand the change.

Another question for you. The 4/4 flash only mode is new if I'm not mistaken.. Is it as easy as setting and forgetting? Can I leave map 2 selected as well or do I need to set to map 0 when I select 4/4 mode? Thanks in advance!
(#2393)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i xdrive
Default 08-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Does any know where I can find the latest .HEX file for an E-series N55 JB4 firmware update? I have a 2011 BMW 335i xdrive. I am using a laptop the reason why I am asking is because my needles are all kinds of out of whack, and I'm hoping by updating or reflashing the firmware it will fix that issue.
(#2394)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2017, 08:05 PM

If gauges do not match dash use menu5 to adjust. Same for N54 and N55. See FAQ: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605

Burger Motorsports

(#2395)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW E92 335i M-Sport
Default N55 E-Series JB4 Fuel Pressure Connector Inquiry - 08-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Terry,

I was over on E90 Post trying to figure out if I had the fuel pressure connector to run higher levels of E85 (I bought the car with the JB4 already installed so I wasnít sure). Based off the TMAP connector I have the typeB harness with plastic shielding, and I was informed that this is the older typeB harness that does not have the fuel pressure connector. Iím willing to purchase the connector and wiring it in or a new harness, but a user by the name of Wksk said you helped him out and replaced his harness with a newer one that did have the fuel pressure connector/flex fuel wires. Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.
(#2396)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2017, 09:54 AM

If you have a harness that does not have the fuel pressure connector then purchase it on the website and add it in. If you already have it then you need only connect it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2397)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-10-2017, 09:59 AM

What should i do?
I bought jb4 app but supprisingly the app doesent work with my phone beacuse it only recognizes powered usb hub. Is there anyway to get around this setting? My phone is Huawei p10+

Also another guestion i understand that US doesent have autoclear but i Live in Europe and i also dont have autoclear anymore? I hate to clear the engine light everytime beacuse of 2C9E and 2C9F when i go for a drive.

Oh and MAP8 doesent seem to work for me anymore..
(#2398)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vam0s
What should i do?
I bought jb4 app but supprisingly the app doesent work with my phone beacuse it only recognizes powered usb hub. Is there anyway to get around this setting? My phone is Huawei p10+

Also another guestion i understand that US doesent have autoclear but i Live in Europe and i also dont have autoclear anymore? I hate to clear the engine light everytime beacuse of 2C9E and 2C9F when i go for a drive.

Oh and MAP8 doesent seem to work for me anymore..
The app is 3rd party, best to ask Donnie who makes it directly here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Outside the USA passive delete can be selected on the WMI page. Inside the USA it's blocked. Real fault codes will never be deleted though. Those codes are not in my fault code listing so you'd want to research that further.

Map8 is no longer active.

Burger Motorsports

(#2399)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Coupe
Default 08-11-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Merged primary JB4 E series thread and ISO firmware thread.
Can you please facilitate the link to that thread, Thanks!!
(#2400)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM

All relevant info is in the first 3 posts. If anything is missing let me know.

Burger Motorsports