N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 07-02-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Yeah so I looked at this - so it's set at 65s. I would think zeroing it out would be fine. I might do that and run FUD 98 (as with the cold start it sounded like a tractor.
Got mine set at 5s now and loving it!

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#202)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i N54
Default 07-03-2015, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
if you want to apply BMS tweaks on your stock bin:
first step, make a copy of your stock bin, and save it as my_stock_bin.bin, instead of .org.

then in tunerpro:
file ->open Bin -> select my_stock_bin.bin
then
xdf-> select xdf -> choose the right xdf according to your DME version (IJE0S, I8A0S...)
then:
Compare -> load compare bins -> bin 1 : select my_stock_bin.bin
bin 2: select the BMS bin you want to copy over your stock bin
-> OK

then
Tools -> difference tools

in the first box, it should be my_stock_bin.bin, in the second box, select the BMS bin.
very important, check "limit search to defined items only " as below:

then click search.

all different defined items between both bins are listed.
select all items, except those listed below ( map max voltage and torque monitor ceiling):

and click "copy selections from right to left".

click "close", then File -> save bin as "my_own_new_backend.bin" and done !!
So I've followed the instructions but I can't find the items that DO NOT need to be moved from right to left. None of them??

What am I doing wrong?

I also notice that my car feels terribly sluggish, especially at low RPM. The higher boost targets don't seem to make that much of a difference...anyone help? I haven't tried any other flashes since I don't think I can meet octane ratings. I might give E40 a go and try the E85 flash??

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF DP|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC

Last edited by chatz86; 07-03-2015 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: forgot information
(#203)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatz86
So I've followed the instructions but I can't find the items that DO NOT need to be moved from right to left. None of them??

What am I doing wrong?

I also notice that my car feels terribly sluggish, especially at low RPM. The higher boost targets don't seem to make that much of a difference...anyone help? I haven't tried any other flashes since I don't think I can meet octane ratings. I might give E40 a go and try the E85 flash??
Ok, I guess I freaked out when I didn't find ANY of the parameters that weren't to be moved from right to left. I proceeded with the rest of it and saved the new bins. I'm away from my car for 3 more days. Will test as soon as possible. I've noticed that someone else was unable to find some of the parameters to de-select but has anyone been able to find NONE??

Thanks guys,

2008 e92 335i M-Sport|JB4 G5|MHD BMS BEF|BMS DCI|VRSF DP|Alpina 7603537|BMS OCC|RB PCV|Stage 2 LPFP|Fuel It! ES-1 fuel lines with Ethanol Sensor and JB4 analyser|MMP Silicone Inlets|4 Bar TMAP|VRSF 7" FMIC
(#204)
Old

Car: '07 335i MSport Convertible
Default 07-04-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
this might be of interest to those who subscribe to the thread started by Cloudblue that resulted in the addition of FUD 98?
(#205)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 10:03 PM

Hey Guys, quick question...Is it still required to port changes to our own .bin to get the back ends to work properly or are otf working fine for MHD. Making the change from BB. If we do, the def provided definitely ports all needed data right??

(#206)
Old

Default 07-05-2015, 01:39 AM

Yes, to my knowledge the xdf for the MHD will be fine but there may be changes in the recently released BB bins that would need a change.

I think a Method 3 of changing you xdf would actually be the easiest option to keep yourself up to date.
(#207)
Old

Default 07-05-2015, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Yes, to my knowledge the xdf for the MHD will be fine but there may be changes in the recently released BB bins that would need a change.

I think a Method 3 of changing you xdf would actually be the easiest option to keep yourself up to date.
Option 3? I only saw methods 1 and 2.

I used the mhd xdf and transposed over to my stock bin already. Just wanted to check the modified xdf on method 2 would show everything necessary.

Thanks for your response!

(#208)
Old

Car: E93 335i '07
Default 07-05-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Rather use the "Download as ZIP" button on the bottom-right than trying to save them individually.

Assuming you've done the "Euro" changes using either one of the methods in the OP you can then load up your custom file along with the XDF from the above link, look for Ignition>Threshold of time after start for catalyst heating and change all the non-zero values in that table to the duration of the cold start that you want.
This worked perfectly! I was looking for "Ignition" but never found that. As I opened the XDF, the Parameter Tree table opens up. I just had "Threshold of time after start for catalyst heating" in the Parameter Tree (and it was the last one, under every other table).

This got rid of all the noises after starting. After installing NGK iridium plugs my idle was a bit rough during cold start. Now that the cold start is disabled my idle is as smooth as in a new stock car. No matter if the engine is cold or hot.

JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, BMS 3" ***, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS OCC, CP-e charge pipe with Tial BOV, BMS cowl filters, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, BMS short shifter, BMS clutch stop, CDV valve deleted, Spec Stage 2+, map7@E60
(#209)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatz86
Option 3? I only saw methods 1 and 2.

I used the mhd xdf and transposed over to my stock bin already. Just wanted to check the modified xdf on method 2 would show everything necessary.

Thanks for your response!
Rather use the MHD/BB official XDF's for now as there have been multiple new definitions added. The XDF's in the first page will need to be updated before they are fully compatible with the last 2 backend flash updates.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#210)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Rather use the MHD/BB official XDF's for now as there have been multiple new definitions added. The XDF's in the first page will need to be updated before they are fully compatible with the last 2 backend flash updates.
Are the BB XDFs found on Terry's BimmerBoost topic the latest ones? Seems that they have been written 6/7/2015 but the latest backend flashes are done 7/1/2015. So the same XDFs applies to 2 of the latest updates on backend flash maps?

JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, BMS 3" ***, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS OCC, CP-e charge pipe with Tial BOV, BMS cowl filters, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, BMS short shifter, BMS clutch stop, CDV valve deleted, Spec Stage 2+, map7@E60
(#211)
Old

Car: 335i 2008 AT
Thumbs up 07-08-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
+100 Thanx a lot for this

EU N54/ JB4 G5 ISO 31.1 w/Spxx E40 Flash , CPE Catted DP's, DCI, Wagner Evo FMIC, Walbro E85 lpfp, BMS OCC, RB PCV / 60:40(E85:93) blend, stock intake & turbos
(#212)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I loaded the new xdf MHD (cold start 3 seconds) to my old modified bin and has only taken a few seconds to load.
That's right?

EURO - E92 335i - AT - I8A0S - JB4 G5 32.2 - MHD Flash Pump - DCI - DP

Last edited by ratapeludismo; 07-08-2015 at 05:21 PM..
(#213)
Old

Default 07-09-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSaigel
Are the BB XDFs found on Terry's BimmerBoost topic the latest ones? Seems that they have been written 6/7/2015 but the latest backend flashes are done 7/1/2015. So the same XDFs applies to 2 of the latest updates on backend flash maps?
dmacpro's XDFs are dated 6/24/2015 so they are more recent than the XDFs on Terry's Bimmerboost thread. In the first post there is stated that the newest XDFs would be found on Terry's thread but that doesn't seem to be the case at this moment.

For this thread to be usable even for those members who don't like to comment or ask for help, it would be necessary to give the right information... that is for the most people in fact.

So at this point it seems to me that you should use the dmacpro91's "cold start" XDFs to make the full conversion manually (de-selecting as mentioned in Method 1) and then edit the cold start values. Everything can be done with one XDF so it's quite straight forward.

BTW. What is the point of having 3 or 5 second pre-*** heating? Is it just for the fun of high revs at start up? If it's zeroed, the car starts just like when the engine is warmed up.

(#214)
Old

Default 07-10-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
dmacpro's XDFs are dated 6/24/2015 so they are more recent than the XDFs on Terry's Bimmerboost thread. In the first post there is stated that the newest XDFs would be found on Terry's thread but that doesn't seem to be the case at this moment.
Terry's XDF's do not always align exactly with those found in dmac's Github account. As he has stated a lot of this stuff he works alone on rather than in conjunction with jymona, MHD, etc. As such his XDF's may contain parameters not defined as they are in the Github account. One would assume that Terry would create his latest backend flashes using his latest XDF so for the sake of safety it would be wise to use his...assuming he's uploading to the forum in line with his flash updates.

Quote:
For this thread to be usable even for those members who don't like to comment or ask for help, it would be necessary to give the right information... that is for the most people in fact.

So at this point it seems to me that you should use the dmacpro91's "cold start" XDFs to make the full conversion manually (de-selecting as mentioned in Method 1) and then edit the cold start values. Everything can be done with one XDF so it's quite straight forward.
Correct. For the moment it would be best to use Method 1 to migrate the changes from the last 2 backend flash updates. I think I've already stated that twice for those asking for clarity here, but I've just updated the first post now for those that do not read past the first page.

Quote:
BTW. What is the point of having 3 or 5 second pre-*** heating? Is it just for the fun of high revs at start up? If it's zeroed, the car starts just like when the engine is warmed up.
2 possible reasons: 1) If you actually enjoy the cold start sound, but not the way it drones on and on for over a minute or 2) If you're running higher concentrations of E85 in cold climates the immediate holding of higher revs during cold starts seems to prevent long cranks and idle splutters. Setting this to a 5 or 10s value seems to be long enough to overcome this.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF

Last edited by Element; 07-10-2015 at 10:54 AM..
(#215)
Old

Default 07-10-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Terry's XDF's do not always aline exactly with those found in dmac's Github account. As he has stated a lot of this stuff he works alone on rather than in conjunction with jymona, MHD, etc. As such his XDF's may contain parameters not defined as they are in the Github account. One would assume that Terry would create his latest backend flashes using his latest XDF so for the sake of safety it would be wise to use his...assuming he's uploading to the forum in line with his flash updates.
That's true. I'd assume so too. But then I doubt a bit that Terry might forget to update the XDFs as there must be so many things on his mind. And there is no version numbering or anything to make sure it's the right one. Would be nice if there was something to give a clue which BIN is compatible with which XDF.

But I guess there usually isn't anything that serious that could go wrong anyway. If you use older XDF, you're just gonna get stock values to some edited tables. Of course there is always some little chance that there is some new table and changes in old tables that need to go along to work properly. Then it would go wrong if wrong version of XDF is used. Did I get this right?
Quote:
2 possible reasons: 1) If you actually enjoy the cold start sound, but not the way it drones on and on for over a minute or 2) If you're running higher concentrations of E85 in cold climates the immediate holding of higher revs during cold starts seems to prevent long cranks and idle splutters. Setting this to a 5 or 10s value seems to be long enough to overcome this.
Interesting. Once again my car seems to be working just the other way than you would expect :D. I actually had some long cranks and idle splutters (if that mean misfires while on idle) but they went totally away after I edited my BIN to have 0 seconds of cold start. Now it cranks well and does not run rough or misfire at all. (I'm not sure if those really are misfires because it won't give any misfire fault codes but feels like it.) So if someone is still having issues with short cold start or just wants 0 seconds, I'd encourage to try 0 seconds. It definitively works with my setup. I've got E60 and NGK plugs.

(#216)
Old

Default 07-11-2015, 04:53 PM

Hello partners;

I changed entirely all tables Torque request% high and low of JB4 MHD to European stock parameters.
It is dangerous to to try this change?
Thank you.

(#217)
Old

Default 07-12-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratapeludismo
Hello partners;

I changed entirely all tables Torque request% high and low of JB4 MHD to European stock parameters.
It is dangerous to to try this change?
Thank you.
No, that is what Element suggested to do at last page if your car feels sluggish at partial throttle. Technically you could change the values to the table or de-select those item's when converting changes to your original bin from BMS bin. I don't know which would be faster. Maybe de-selecting in difference tool. I did this to my friend's car and he is enjoying it. He says that the car clearly feels stronger than before. Would be interesting to know why these tables have been changed in first place? Or are the these tables like this in US-specced cars?

(#218)
Old

Default 07-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
No, that is what Element suggested to do at last page if your car feels sluggish at partial throttle. Technically you could change the values to the table or de-select those item's when converting changes to your original bin from BMS bin. I don't know which would be faster. Maybe de-selecting in difference tool. I did this to my friend's car and he is enjoying it. He says that the car clearly feels stronger than before. Would be interesting to know why these tables have been changed in first place? Or are the these tables like this in US-specced cars?
I find the quickest way is the delete the parameters that I don't want from the xdf and save a custom copy. Secondly I have an edited version of my stock bin saved if there are non-stick values that I would not want to lose each time a new update comes (for example the cold start timings)
(#219)
Old

Default 07-12-2015, 03:30 AM

Ialready tried !!
The car feels stronger. Great difference to upload the garage ramp.

I have not changed "Torque Monitor Ceiling" I think I've read that it better to keep MHD JB4 tables.
It is right or should I change it?

Last edited by ratapeludismo; 07-12-2015 at 03:42 AM..
(#220)
Old

Default 07-12-2015, 09:55 AM

If using MHD update them, if using bimmerboost keep as stock
(#221)
Old

Default 07-12-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
If using MHD update them, if using bimmerboost keep as stock
Thank you my friend!

(#222)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-18-2015, 10:09 AM

I8A0S - EU - BBflash.xdf i am currently in the process of doing a back end flash on my euro 135i with BB i have the jb4 installed and on map 0

i just wanted to know if i had to do anything apart from download that I8A0S - EU - BBflash.xdf file and write my dme or do i need to download tuner pro ? i dont want to modify the file as yet . will map 1 still be 15 psi ??
(#223)
Old

Default 07-19-2015, 05:38 AM

So guys, to make sure I am doing it right, please confirm what I did:

1) Several thousands of km I rode with modified E85 bin, using the XDF file. All has worked well, no codes etc.

2) now I found out this is not the optimal procedure.... So I just took the dmacpro's XDF, changed my original BIN with the E85 bin values from 6/6. I left out":

Torque monitor ceiling (14 values)
2C codes (4 values)
AND: the DMTL code

I am going to use this BIN. It is interesting, that there are many differences after comparing the BIN from case 1 to the BIN from the case 2.

So... is it OK?

Thanks

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF
(#224)
Old

Car: e93 335i
Default 07-19-2015, 02:20 PM

Hey Guys,

I started to tune my EU car with a US flash which i found on bimmerboost. After a while i got dmtl codes, so i tried to compare the tune with my original Bin.

Everytime when i flash the compared file, the car shows the fault DTC not available and the throttle opens and closes quickly.

In MHD no codes were thrown and when i flash back the US bin everything is fine excluding the dmtl codes. Has anybody an idea how to fix this?

Greetz

Tobi
(#225)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-20-2015, 05:42 AM

Poor fuel consumption, dmtl fault , lazy low to mid rpm..... therr isnt a euro map already that I can just download and flash via BB ??? Or is tunerpro a must nobody have a map that already edited for euro spec ??