JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default N54 single turbo safety map fuel variance with fuel it CPI kit - 11-14-2021, 09:00 PM

Hello all , I have stumbled onto a large issue with getting thrown into safety map because of a fuel variance issue . The car has a stage 2 lpfp , index 12 injectors, and the CPI kit form fuel it . Before going single turbo I had this CPI installed with the FSB / jb4 to work with e85 and the stock twins . Never had an issue with them using it but now with the single kit ever WOT 3rd gear pull triggers the safety map and fuel variance error in the jb4. I did just have to replace the o2 sensors so those are brand new also new coils and plugs . Iím only running 93 pump with some fuel Lucas oil octane booster . Bms confirmed that the location of the injector is fine so Iím really confused as to whatís happening ? I read sometimes a boost leak as in a bad seal around the manifold or charge pipe can cause this is that true? Attached are a ton of logs of me trigging the error . Never happens in 2nd only happens in 3rd included is a log of me going wot in safety map with and without the CPI please let me know if anyone can help! Thank you !

Ryan
P30_M3_R7_211110_2016.csv

P30_M3_R2_211114_1604.csv

P30_M3_R1_211113_1540.csv
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-15-2021, 12:27 PM

If you didn't have an issue prior to going single turbo...it not likely an issue with placement or distribution.

I cant make much sense of your logs because you're making setting changes in the middle of your logs so when I check settings...it only pertains to part of your log.

I would also recommend bringing in your CPI later...say 8psi or so. As far as I can tell, you have your min flow set to 0psi.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-15-2021, 01:57 PM

Hey Steve !

Thank you so much for info. On the logs i think whatís changing is only the map as I havenít changed a setting in the jb4 at all. Question on the CPI coming on per psi , is there a way to do that? My jb4 only allows me to do flow per rpm , so should I just start it when I start to hit boost around 4 rpm or so? Thank you so much!

Ryan
(#4)
Old

Default 11-16-2021, 11:27 AM

Hey Steve !

Thank you for the tips and information , set the psi starting point at 8 (7.9) psi and boom ! 3rd gear log ! Wondering if you or anyone could take a quick peek at this log and check on timing for me ? Thanks so much!

P30_M3_R1_211116_1246.csv
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 11-17-2021, 11:10 AM

You are still having quite a few timing corrections. What fuel are you currently using?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 11-17-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
You are still having quite a few timing corrections. What fuel are you currently using?
Hey Cannon ,

Iím using 93 octane with Lucas oil octane booster with MMT . Could it be bad fuel? The sparks and coils are new only couple hundred miles on them . Lmk what you think! Thank you ,

Ryan
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-18-2021, 10:24 AM

What spark plugs, and have they been gapped down properly?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 11-18-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
What spark plugs, and have they been gapped down properly?
Hey cannon !

Iím using the ngk 2 step colder gapped down to .02 . Do you think itís a set of bad plugs or coils ? Only been on for a couple hundred miles .

Ryan
(#9)
Old

Default 11-18-2021, 03:37 PM

Could too much octane booster be causing this? I poured the entire bottle per the directions ? Should I try to fill up (about half way down) and see if it helps?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-19-2021, 10:41 AM

I use it from time to time, full bottle to a half tank or so...haven't run in to any issues but I don't use it consistently.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#11)
Old

Default 11-19-2021, 09:58 PM

Ordered up some new spark plugs and coils from fcp going to gap them and throw them in and see if itís a bad set of plugs , has happened to me before so Iím hoping itís them !
(#12)
Old

Default 11-19-2021, 10:08 PM

Also hereís a more current log of map 2 and map 3

P30_M3_R2_211118_2011.csv
(#13)
Old

Default 11-20-2021, 09:24 PM

Side question for all , Iím aware of the high rpm misfire with oem flywheel on higher hp applications, but could the oem flywheel be causing timing corrections like the ones im seeing ? Still have the oem fuel mass with a 335is clutch will replace soon after some research on best clutch and flywheel set up (if any recommendations that would be very helpful !)
(#14)
Old

Default 11-25-2021, 01:12 PM

Fresh log with new coils / plugs ! Still pulling timing

P30_M3_R1_211124_2101.csv

Might try next fill up with shells 93 with some more octane booster
(#15)
Old

Default 11-28-2021, 02:17 AM

Bump for some insight !

Also wondering on the map selection , what is the most boost you can go on pump? I know map 4 is 23 psi is that too much for pump ?
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-29-2021, 11:22 AM

It is pretty common to start pulling timing with new coils. Did you reset adaptations when you installed them? Also are the new plugs NGK and gapped down to .019-.022?

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 11-29-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
It is pretty common to start pulling timing with new coils. Did you reset adaptations when you installed them? Also are the new plugs NGK and gapped down to .019-.022?
Hey Cannon ,

Yup I have the 2 step colder ngks gapped to .02 and the eldor coils . Itís normal even to pull that much timing ? I did do the adaption reset when I put them in . Iíll do another log soon to see if maybe the coils broke in? Still thinking the fuel isnít up to snuff . Lmk what you think thank you !