N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Toyota Supra A91 Edition
Default 2021 Supra Getting Started JB4 - 11-14-2020, 08:42 PM

Okay, I currently have the JB+ on the car at the max setting, but wanted a little more, so I bought the JB4. I have been running only 93 octane, but would like to experiment with e30-50 blends, the car is essentially stock, no intake or ********. When I ordered the JB4, I also ordered the EWG.

Couple questions:

1. Where should I start? Map 3 with the 93 octane, or can I use Map 4 or 5 since I have the EWG? Should 4 and/or 5 only be run on e blends?

2. Is there any specific process for sending in my JB+ for the refund since purchasing the JB4?

Thanks!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2020, 08:53 PM

I'd log map3 to start with EWG on, default settings, and lets evaluate it. Stick with around an E30 mix to start.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-15-2020, 07:30 AM

Thanks Terry, that's where I'll start. Tracking shows it arriving on Tuesday, so by Wednesday evening I should have a log to upload.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-18-2020, 06:31 AM

Terry, I have everything installed, did my first log this morning and it's viewable on my phone, but for some reason I cannot get it to email to me. I have tried both hitting the email block and selecting the log and clicking the blue email at the top, neither seems to do anything. Any tips? Is it even helpful to just upload a photo of the graph?
(#5)
Old

Default 11-18-2020, 07:00 AM

Nevermind, I got it figured out, uploading file now.
(#6)
Old

Default 11-19-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd log map3 to start with EWG on, default settings, and lets evaluate it. Stick with around an E30 mix to start.
I uploaded the log, let me know how it looks. I haven’t gone to E30 yet, waiting on what you say about this log.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2020, 07:43 PM

Don't see a log attached?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 11-19-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Don't see a log attached?
Sorry, I uploaded it to the support and logs page. Titled 2021 Supra A91 Edition First Log
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2020, 09:41 PM

Just put it here. Need to keep all the posts in one spot.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 11-19-2020, 10:19 PM

See log attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201118_0545.csv (13.9 KB, 22 views)
(#11)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Just put it here. Need to keep all the posts in one spot.
log uploaded above
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Run looks as expected for pump, there are a few timing corrections so definitely looks like mixing in some E85 will further boost performance when you're ready!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Run looks as expected for pump, there are a few timing corrections so definitely looks like mixing in some E85 will further boost performance when you're ready!
Thanks Terry. I went with an E30 mix today and have two logs. On one of them you’ll see that while I was WOT it shows the pedal at 100% but the “throttle” drops off.

Here are the two logs on E30
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201120_144511.csv (13.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201120_144924.csv (14.1 KB, 16 views)
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2020, 03:34 PM

Throttle is used to regulate boost so when flash target drops throttle closes to redirect boost to target. All normal operation.

Timing looks good. Worth doing a run on map4 also (absolute 20psi map) for comparison.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Throttle is used to regulate boost so when flash target drops throttle closes to redirect boost to target. All normal operation.

Timing looks good. Worth doing a run on map4 also (absolute 20psi map) for comparison.
Awesome, I’ll get one on map 4. Thanks!
(#16)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 11-20-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiguyver
Awesome, I’ll get one on map 4. Thanks!
Looking forward to that. I tried it in my G20 330i and map 4 seemed slower than map 3. I know cars and engine are different (I have the EWG cable) but curious as to how it works for others.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#17)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Looking forward to that. I tried it in my G20 330i and map 4 seemed slower than map 3. I know cars and engine are different (I have the EWG cable) but curious as to how it works for others.
I'll be trying it out tomorrow and will report back and post up a log from it.
(#18)
Old

Default 11-21-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Here is a log from Map 4 on E30. Is there any advantage to going to Map 5 or increasing the ethanol content to E50?

I felt it was slightly less punchy in Map 4 than Map 3.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M4_R1_201121_114411.csv (10.7 KB, 17 views)
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2020, 12:58 PM

Map4 looks pretty clean. Can do a run on map5 just for comparisons sake. On the E85 mix I'd keep that where it's at.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 11-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Map4 looks pretty clean. Can do a run on map5 just for comparisons sake. On the E85 mix I'd keep that where it's at.
Thanks Terry. I appreciate the assistance! I'll keep the mix where it is and get a log soon in Map 5 for comparison.
(#21)
Old

Default 11-23-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Terry, here’s a log for Map 5 on E30. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M5_R1_201123_160933.csv (12.1 KB, 19 views)
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2020, 04:09 PM

Log seems good to me on map5. As long as it's pulling well you can stick with it!

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 11-23-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Log seems good to me on map5. As long as it's pulling well you can stick with it!
Thanks Terry, it’s pulling extremely strong on this one!
(#24)
Old

Car: 2008 335
Default 11-24-2020, 06:59 AM

how much e85 spiguyver?
(#25)
Old

Default 11-25-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksandblues
how much e85 spiguyver?
That is really going to depend on what you're going for and the percentage in your e85. For me when I tested it, the pump was at just shy of 85, so I went with 85 as the percentage. I have heard of people seeing as low as 50% and as high as 90% when testing their e85, which will give big differences in the end result. I used an e85 calculator to determine how much to use. In general it was about 5 gallons of e85 in the full tank to get to e30.