N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 4/25/15 Results - 04-25-2015, 09:02 PM

Hey guys,

Just getting settled back in after a long day of driving & racing. 400 miles of driving round trip in one day to do a few 1/2 mile runs is exhausting.

Anyway BMS again sponsored Shift Sector at Coalinga Airport and for the most part we had a great time out there. There are about 4 of us that normally go out to race, but we have around 8 cars we might want to race, so decisions have to made on what to bring.

Today I brought the M3 w/ Pure S2 Turbos, Ando his tune only M4, Jon our FFTEC E92, and Jason our 435 w/ Pure S2 Turbo. In addition there were a variety of BMWs out most running BMS stuff. At least the ones that were winning races.

The M3 ran great trapping ~156mph from a roll and ~159mph from a dig. 60-130 was in the low 7s most of the day. Most runs were traction limited. I found it ran best at right around 29psi. Somewhere around 31-32psi it would occasionally sputter as if it were misfiring. A couple runs I let off as a result. Logs look clean in that area so its another mystery. So I may need to close the gap on the OEM plugs a bit. Always something to do for next time.

Poor Ando drove 200 miles to the track and as soon as he arrived threw some weird fuel pump and/or o2 sensor fault code that would not clear. We even tried removing his tune and still no luck. Apparently his car has been long cranking for the past couple of days too. Maybe a high pressure pump? Anyway total bust for him.

Jon racing our FFTEC E92 was the surprise of the day. The car ran flawlessly en route to ~160mph traps from a roll. No easy feat for a heavy car with a manual transmission.

Jason with our 435 ran in to some fueling issues at 24psi, his fuel pressure would crash in 5th gear with a single CM10 nozzle. So we ended up lowering his boost to 20psi after which the car ran pretty well. But a bit slower than expected for the power. I think his best trap was around 150mph? We're going to increase the meth nozzle and try again next week at No Fly Zone.

There was a 335is running a newly installed MOTIV 900 kit but it had numerous install problems and he wasn't able to race. Also a flash only 335i with VT2s, inlets, and PI. We tried to run but the M3 lost traction and sputtered at 31psi so I had to abort. I think it was a slow run for him too. Next time though. Poor guy really needs to get a JB4 back in his car though. His tuning needs some work.

I didn't take many photos or videos but hopefully the guys did and can share them here. I'll attach an M3 log and the only timeslip I managed to retrieve.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-25-2015, 09:42 PM

Bummer about Ando. At least there's NFZ next weekend and I'm sure come Monday the car will be at BMW. Those shifts in your car sound solid! Glad to see the Dodson upgrade is working out. You thinking of driving the M3 or the 135i next weekend?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2015, 09:45 PM

Planning on the 135i next week at NFZ. I need to get a couple little things done but should have time to do it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Administrator

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 04-25-2015, 10:37 PM

Airstrip Attack 8 was so much fun. So many nice cars and people out there with a DJ spinning. What more can you ask for? My best runs were 146-150 mph traps from a dig in my 536whp 435i. JB4 and the Pure Stage 2 turbo are a deadly combo!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-25-2015, 11:37 PM

Just bad luck for me today. As soon as I get there after driving more then 2 hours. I come to complete stop and I am receiving my wrist band to enter I see Engine light on the dash. Car doesn't boost at all.
Hopefully quick fix and ready for NFZ.

As I always go to this events even when I don't drive. I took the M3 for two runs and below are the videos.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 04-25-2015, 11:42 PM

Was a good cold day for some 1/2 mile runs! Subscribed for more footage my buddy was out there today in his 560whp Mazda and lifted his head on the first pass :/ fueling issues are always better than mechanical ones

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#7)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-26-2015, 12:49 AM

I have been running CM10/CM7 on my F20 with pure stage2. Now I am running CM7/CM5 and fuelling remains the same. Above 22 psi it becomes unreliable. If i start low enough in rpm range hpfp seems OK but anything above 3.5k rpm and instant WOT causes missfires and hpfp drops in the logs.

Maybe a 2nd pump could help out on flow as I think the single pump is flow limited. Eg pressure will drop if running 2 big nozzles on dual nozzle setup. But in the end I want something else to fix the fuelling issue on the car. Like TB injection

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#8)
Old

Car: White E90 335i
Default 04-26-2015, 06:41 AM

at 31-32psi maybe the F80 has a torque limit in the TCU software and its protesting?

SOLD Tesla Model S - white/blk, piano, air suspension, 21"
SOLD E93 - RB's - PTF - 4242lbs +242rwhp/+234rwtq tuning never ending tuning.
'15 Tesla P85D Insane Mode
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335
at 31-32psi maybe the F80 has a torque limit in the TCU software and its protesting?
No it shifts great with the Dodson clutch packs installed!

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Demigod

Default 04-26-2015, 10:28 AM

Let's see some vids Jason!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#11)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-26-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
Let's see some vids Jason!
I don't have any videos or many photos. I was just testing and Terry was tuning.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Demigod

Default 04-26-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
I don't have any videos or many photos. I was just testing and Terry was tuning.
Did you have any kills worth mentioning?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#13)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM

My girlfriend luckily filmed this one.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 2014 Mini Cooper S
Default 04-26-2015, 05:51 PM

Was that a vette?

2014 Mini Cooper S F56, Burger Tuning, 30mm lower Eibach and always remembering to KCCO
(#15)
Old
Administrator

Default 04-26-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Did you have any kills worth mentioning?
Won against an awesome looking tuned Mercedes AMG CLS 63. (it was close) He pulled on me on the launch on street tires, but I reeled him in and passed him. Other races include a built 335i MT, the Corvette in the video and some other unknown cars or cars that had problems. I won all races except for a Red Dodge Hellcat that left the light on the yellow and a 1000 hp Nissan GTR. Everyone there was crazy fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatF56S
Was that a vette?
It is a Corvette. Not sure of his mods or what kind of Corvette.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 04-26-2015, 09:50 PM

I love my Mini but I'm starting to get the fever for something a little quicker. The killer is the dealer that I got my Mini from had a beautiful mineral white M3 calling for me.

2014 Mini Cooper S F56, Burger Tuning, 30mm lower Eibach and always remembering to KCCO
(#17)
Old

Default 04-26-2015, 09:50 PM

I love my Mini but I'm starting to get the fever for something a little quicker. The killer is the dealer that I got my Mini from had a beautiful mineral white M3 calling for me. Maybe it was for the best the 335i looks to be a better tuner.

(#18)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 04-27-2015, 07:48 AM

Man sounds like a lot of problems

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#19)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 04-27-2015, 08:58 AM

Looks like a fun time for sure! Im jealous!

Blazing fast 50-130s for the M cars though, thats good stuff!

I think its time you thought about investing in a truck and trailer to get some cars there. Ill tell you, its so much more relaxing being able to know I have the tools and means to the car back from where im going if it fails. Your in the big leagues nwo so id expect you to get a baller setup that can haul 4 cars like the lease locators guys
(#20)
Old
Legend

Car: 2007 bmw 335i e90 auto
Default 04-27-2015, 09:13 AM

Sounds like problem after problem with the group you had out there! Dam BMWs!

BMW 335i
RB's 550whp
2000 Camry
2000 LS1 T56 Camaro

Koenigsegg Agera R - SOLD
Lamborghini Huracan - SOLD
2014 Bugatti Veyron - SOLD
2012 Ferrari 458 Italia - SOLD
(#21)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-27-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
Looks like a fun time for sure! Im jealous!

Blazing fast 50-130s for the M cars though, thats good stuff!

I think its time you thought about investing in a truck and trailer to get some cars there. Ill tell you, its so much more relaxing being able to know I have the tools and means to the car back from where im going if it fails. Your in the big leagues nwo so id expect you to get a baller setup that can haul 4 cars like the lease locators guys
I was thinking the same thing. Bring the stage 2 M3, the single turbo N54 135i and single turbo E92, along with maybe the N55 135i DCT. Ando and Jason can drive their own car
(#22)
Old
Demigod

Default 04-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Won against an awesome looking tuned Mercedes AMG CLS 63. (it was close) He pulled on me on the launch on street tires, but I reeled him in and passed him. Other races include a built 335i MT, the Corvette in the video and some other unknown cars or cars that had problems. I won all races except for a Red Dodge Hellcat that left the light on the yellow and a 1000 hp Nissan GTR. Everyone there was crazy fast.

It is a Corvette. Not sure of his mods or what kind of Corvette.
hell yeah sounds like a good time . whos 335i was it? more importantly what turbo/turbos ? also how was the hellcat run, i kknow he left early but did you stay with him? ive been waiting for someone on here to post up a run against one!

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#23)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 04-28-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
I was thinking the same thing. Bring the stage 2 M3, the single turbo N54 135i and single turbo E92, along with maybe the N55 135i DCT. Ando and Jason can drive their own car
Dude, i just did a 1 car open trailer, but 4 grown men sat lounged out and comfortable in the new DD truck for the 3 1/2 drive to MIR. Car broke trans 1st pass and I was done for the day lol.

I lost my reservation about a "street car", its still a street car, but its going to a track for maximum performance, and chances are it will brake, and it did.

03 F250 SD= $7k
Trailer= $1500
Broke ass street car, not worrying about how to get it home= Priceless
(#24)
Old

Default 05-31-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
also how was the hellcat run, i kknow he left early but did you stay with him? ive been waiting for someone on here to post up a run against one!
Hey guys long time no post. Hope you are all well.
I was recently reading about 1/2 mile events and saw some tuned BMW's times so I figured I'd hit up the old N54Tech, since i was one of the very first members when Terry opened this webpage, decided it was a good time to check in.
I see Terry has expanded BMS quite a bit and is doing well. I'll have to drop him a text or something sometime again.
As for the Hellcat's....

Stock Hellcat's are running:
150-153 mph in 1/2 mile events with 8 Speed Autos
145-148 mph in 1/2 mile events with 6 MT's
Of course it's dependent on weather, DA, and individual cars performance. But 153 is the highest I know of in a stock Hellcat.

Tuning is just barely breaking ground now. ECU's haven't really been fully cracked. No Pulley that I know of, nor anybody having been able to bring up boost.
Some have raised the rev limiters from 6200 rpm's to 6400 rpms.
This resulted in roughly 12-15 rwhp (on dyno plots the stock Hellcat is making it's peak power at fuel cut off, and still going up).
Then same tuner adjusted A/F ratio a bit and got another ~10 rwhp.
There is an E85 injector conversion kit and tune, and with that and nothing more than DR's I think 10.3's @ 133-135 have been recorded in 1/4 mile.

I'm on the group buy to get one of the very first CAI from AFE (due next month).
Reportedly it's making 35-37 rwhp for intake only. No tune
Flow master just released last month a catback exhaust that I'm ordering.
I called them, they said it made 11 rwhp more on dyno.
I'm not getting it for that though, but because I like the Quad tip exhaust.
Stock Hellcat exhaust sounds bada-s-s enough. But looks like a normal Challenger's exhaust from the rear. They should of made a Quad Tip from the factory.

So intake and exhaust combined I'm hoping 40-42 rwhp.
I'm not sure I will tune mine yet, it's a beast for a 4400+ lbs car.

Bone stock (including stock tires) with just 600 miles on my odometer and with a DA of around 475 feet, with a 2nd gear start (1st is pointless = spin city) I did a 11.6 @ 128 1/4 mile
Traction wasn't great still, this was on a road surface.
On a prepped drag strip, 11.2-11.3 should be possible, completely stock.

I've got 315/35/20 rear tires sitting in my garage (275/40/20 are stock, way too skinny for this power) waiting on my wider wheels to arrive too, which may allow me to knock 1/4 time down to around 11.0 all else stock. I don't do DR's With intake, exhaust, wider tires, I'm sure on a VHT prepped drag strip with a good DA, I'll be in the 10's (and will find out when I can )
But other guys with totally stock cars on DR's are getting 10.8's (what Dodge/SRT got and claimed too).

I'm sure by years end there will be pulley's and tunes for the Hellcat that will easily make them 900 hp cars. Stock they are dynoing in the 660-670 rwhp range, SAE of course. So it's clear the 707 hp rating is underrated.

Be well, be safe, and keep enjoying those BMW's. I do miss my BMW's from time to time. Maybe i'll get another someday.
Cheers.

2015 Challenger Hellcat - 8 spd Auto

Last edited by Driver72; 05-31-2015 at 08:31 PM..
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2015, 08:45 PM

Long time no talk! Bring that beast out to the next Shift Sector or NFZ.

Burger Motorsports