N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1026)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decobm
hi - bmw 435i pure turbo stage 2 , need custom tune
You need the EWG connector first so we can properly dial in the Stage2 turbo.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1027)
Old

Car: bmw e82
Default 02-22-2020, 08:17 PM

For an M2, what would the dedicated Map be?
(#1028)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-15-2020, 11:15 AM

Hi all, Terry do you think it would be beneficial to add a BEF with water only injection now or should I do it after my turbo upgrade? If yes, I would require a map with more aggressive timing for the WI, do I get this map from you or would I be able to make changes via the JB4 app?

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT with XHP stage 4 flash, Super Sprint exhaust with 4” 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, MHD stage 2+ tune, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks cool upgrade kit, Raceworks stage 2 LPFP( soon to be upgraded to a 3 or 3.5) , EOS LPFP controller all on 93 octane pump gas!
(#1029)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 03-17-2020, 07:10 AM

Hi Terry,

I'm trying to change the "FutureuseD" parameter and can't find it in the latest JB4 Windows software.

Instructions for MHD BEF:

6) Set FutureUseD #6 on. This is going to become the universal F series flag to let the JB4 know you've equipped the vehicle with a back end flash map triggering whatever tuning changes we want to happen on the JB4 end as a result.

Thanks
(#1030)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-17-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2002tiiagave
Hi Terry,

I'm trying to change the "FutureuseD" parameter and can't find it in the latest JB4 Windows software.

Instructions for MHD BEF:

6) Set FutureUseD #6 on. This is going to become the universal F series flag to let the JB4 know you've equipped the vehicle with a back end flash map triggering whatever tuning changes we want to happen on the JB4 end as a result.

Thanks
It's under the user adjustments tab. Changed to "Options"

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1031)
Old

Default 03-19-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumaurier7
Hi all, Terry do you think it would be beneficial to add a BEF with water only injection now or should I do it after my turbo upgrade? If yes, I would require a map with more aggressive timing for the WI, do I get this map from you or would I be able to make changes via the JB4 app?
?????????????????????????????

2015 M235i EWG, 8 speed AT with XHP stage 4 flash, Super Sprint exhaust with 4” 🐱 less DP, AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, MHD stage 2+ tune, Phoenix racing PI manifold with 750cc injectors, Precision Raceworks cool upgrade kit, Raceworks stage 2 LPFP( soon to be upgraded to a 3 or 3.5) , EOS LPFP controller all on 93 octane pump gas!
(#1032)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
?????????????????????????????
You have PI, we don't suggest using WMI in conjunction. You would choose one or the other.

Burger Motorsports

(#1033)
Old

Car: about to purchase 09 335i Xdrive
Default 03-20-2020, 06:52 PM

Are the maps dated 2018 the most recent BEF maps?

2016 335 GT - let the upgrades begin..

2000 Z3M - too many upgrades to mention ... lol

(#1034)
Old

Default 03-21-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You have PI, we don't suggest using WMI in conjunction. You would choose one or the other.
ok

(#1035)
Old

Default 03-27-2020, 11:54 AM

Got in my tablet and attempted to pay MHD and do a BEF........ NO LUCK! for what ever reason the purchase isn’t going through! Is this normal? I’m sooo pissed right now! Why can’t these things just freakin work!!??

(#1036)
Old

Car: F10 535i M Package
Default 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM

Hey, can I run MHD map stage 2 or 2+ with JB4 and if so, do I leave JB4 in BEF mode?

Any info is much appreciated
(#1037)
Old

Default 03-28-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Got in my tablet and attempted to pay MHD and do a BEF........ NO LUCK! for what ever reason the purchase isn’t going through! Is this normal? I’m sooo pissed right now! Why can’t these things just freakin work!!??
Tried again this morning with no luck! This crap is really ANNOYING! Anyone feel free to chime in anytime!!!

(#1038)
Old

Default 03-28-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative911
Hey, can I run MHD map stage 2 or 2+ with JB4 and if so, do I leave JB4 in BEF mode?

Hi Terry, can you assist?
(#1039)
Old

Default 03-29-2020, 09:49 AM

Is it me or have the responses to questions and requests gotten EXTREMELY slow on this forum?! One would think that they would actually be faster since everyone is supposed to be at home more than ever now!

(#1040)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-30-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative911

We suggest using our loaded MHD files with the JB4. However you can use whatever flash you'd like to use and hes you'd need to set that BEF option.
Make sure to evaluate log when doing something like that.

Quote:
Tried again this morning with no luck! This crap is really ANNOYING! Anyone feel free to chime in anytime!!!
Sorry, you need to contact your android device company or MHD.

Burger Motorsports

(#1041)
Old

Default 04-02-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
We suggest using our loaded MHD files with the JB4. However you can use whatever flash you'd like to use and hes you'd need to set that BEF option.
Make sure to evaluate log when doing something like that.

Sorry, you need to contact your android device company or MHD.
Thanks for that info Payam, much appreciated.. In the near future I want to run a custom tune, but still would like to keep the JB4 within the mix.
(#1042)
Old

Car: M135i 2016
Default Map 1 vs Map 5 issues - 04-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Hi Terry (or anyone willing to help!)

First time posting here so hope this is the right place to bring this up.

I've been running the JB4 map 1 on my manual M135i (N55 ewg) over a year or so - engine is stock but mounts a catback exhaust.

The tune has been working ok although I've had a few concerns but never had time to look into the issues as well as log runs.

The first issue is approximately a 1 sec torque drop post hard shifts - however as I am aware this is a known issue (related to the clutch sensor and rpm rise? Not sure if there have been any solutions)

In any case I wanted to log what was happening and in the process I also ended up trying out map 5.
Interestingly switching to map 5 or 0 (or 4) the torque drop no longer happens.
The logs indicate that map 1 is making up to 15 psi peak boost in the mid-range whereas map 5 is making maximum 13 psi. This was after driving map 5 for 20 mins to allow it to adjust.

I've also realised that when accelerating from 2000 rpm in third to the rev line the feeling of torque build seems quite shaky both in map 1 and 5.
The only strange thing I noticed in the logs is that the indicated STFT is quite stable when stock (map4) but in map 1 STFT under load is between 35 -40 and map 5 between 25-35

I have a CSV file containing a series of 2000-6500 third gear pulls in the different maps. Would it help to post this here?
Thanks and kind regards,
Greg
(#1043)
Old

Car: 135i
Default help with data logs - 04-05-2020, 02:37 PM

sorry to bug you guys with rookie questions (new to all this). i recently bought a jb4 which i am using with the pump BEF for my 135i n55. did some logging (not sure if i did it correctly) but i was hoping someone can tell me how to have them read by bms. not sure where to post, or even how to post for that matter- exporting file Etc. i am using the mobile app just fyi. any help would be appreciated!
(#1044)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-05-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolo402
sorry to bug you guys with rookie questions (new to all this). i recently bought a jb4 which i am using with the pump BEF for my 135i n55. did some logging (not sure if i did it correctly) but i was hoping someone can tell me how to have them read by bms. not sure where to post, or even how to post for that matter- exporting file Etc. i am using the mobile app just fyi. any help would be appreciated!
Here is log. Mods are: Bms intake, Vrsf ******* DP, Vrsf intercooler, Jb4 with pump BEF, 93 octane.
The first few pulls are in map 5 in third gear. I believe the last 3 are in map 2, 3rd gear. Disregard the last pull which was in fourth gear. I didn’t mean to log that. also didn’t realize they were all being converged into one single log- hopefully that’s ok.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv data logs 135i.csv (94.4 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Consolo402; 04-05-2020 at 03:12 PM..
(#1045)
Old

Default 04-05-2020, 11:44 PM

Combining logs is an option you can switch off directly from the “logs” page .

(#1046)
Old

Default 04-29-2020, 01:54 PM

Hi all , so I finally got to do the in app purchase on MHD and successfully unlocked the DME after which I flashed the BMS race BEF! The car is noticeably smoother and faster and ripping more tyres in the lower gears! I now have a couple questions;
1.Just to be sure are the settings in the JB supposed to be as shown below?
Attached Images

(#1047)
Old

Default 04-29-2020, 01:55 PM

........Also how are the maps and tables accessed!?

(#1048)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-30-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Hi all , so I finally got to do the in app purchase on MHD and successfully unlocked the DME after which I flashed the BMS race BEF! The car is noticeably smoother and faster and ripping more tyres in the lower gears! I now have a couple questions;
1.Just to be sure are the settings in the JB supposed to be as shown below?
Looks good to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1049)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-30-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
........Also how are the maps and tables accessed!?
You can change the maps on the display when connected via JB4 mobile.

Burger Motorsports

(#1050)
Old

Default 04-30-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Looks good to me.
Is Future Use A supposed to be set to 6? ...... what is this setting for anyways?

Quote:
You can change the maps on the display when connected via JB4 mobile.
Please specify what he display, I am not seeing anything different to the gauges and the user adjustment page.