N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3401)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 12-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Is it true to say that if the fuel connection on the jb4 isnt connected, that the JB4 isnt able to read fuel pressure and the built in safety of the fuel pressure falling below 700psi isnt active?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3402)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2017, 02:48 PM

The most important safety is the air/fuel ratio and that is active as long as the OBDII CANbus is active.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3403)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradost
today I connected to my JB4 and noticed FF / Wastage Adaption is 0 !! and I see in the F Series N55 Default Settings showen 60 ? should I change it to 60 and save it ??
Yes, ISO won't run properly with a 0 FF. Make sure diode was cut too though. If you left it on, JB4 will learn FF down towards 0 to try to keep boost on target.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3404)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-29-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Need to buy an OBDII adapter on our site and update the firmware.
Terry, there are two OBDII connectors offered. One is cable only the other says "side connector for retrofit" Assuming the latter is the one to get for an older model that was designed for the posi taps??
(#3405)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM

Right, for very old JB4 systems upgrading to OBDII.

Burger Motorsports

(#3406)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 12-30-2017, 02:38 AM

I just installed a new unit and totally forgot to check, but do the new units come with the diode already removed? It currently has firmware version 12/11//3 installed. 2013 335i PWG

Last edited by Drag_n54; 12-30-2017 at 02:44 AM..
(#3407)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 12-31-2017, 06:34 AM

Hello . Sorry for my english, I'm french. I have a problem with my bluetooth kit. When I connect the application to Bluetooth, my BC command no longer works, I can not open or close the valves anymore, and I do not have access to the Jb4 menu. But when I disconnect the application, everything works normally, the BC key opens and closes the valves and I have access to the menu on the meter. In the end, the Bluetooth kit crashes the JB4. I have an other problem , when I'm on the application, the information that gives me the Bluetooth kit sometimes goes back to 0, and comes back 1 second later. They are not fluid either, she lag. Have you ever seen this problem?
(#3408)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 12-31-2017, 08:34 AM

@Terry

Are there any plans to Update PWG firmware up to current EWG firmware specifications.

Since the EWG_12 , Has Adjustment for those running high boost back end flash maps.
And now since MHD is out we are going to use backend flashes and higher boost levels.

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#3409)
Old

Car: M135i PWG
Default 01-02-2018, 06:51 AM

Hello together and happy new year,

at first sorry for my english, I'm texting from germany, like recommended from the 1erforum in germay.

I got some trouble with my JB4. I've got a M135i N55 with PWG. Installed was a JB4 Stage2 Rev. 1.0 board with N55_FSERIES_OBDII_PWG_11_T1.hex firmware. At first i only had some trouble with the boost controller and got a error in the dashpot. Reading out the error message monitored a shortcut to ground at the boost sensor.

Some weeks later I got a big bump during launching and a error message in dashpot again. Displayed in the navi display was again an "engine problem" and reading out the error code showed, that MAP, TMAP, Flex Fuel and Boost sensors had all a shortcut to ground in the same moment. The issue occured more frequently the last time, thats why I removed the JB4. Since then, there were no more problems.

I checked the wiring and the connection to battery and ground - everything fine.
For installation I used the guide and did it in the same way.

Did anyone had the same issue before? Any suggestions to fix the issue? It seems that the JB4 board has some trouble (all connected sensor with issues..)?
M135i is quite slow without the JB4, at least I had to push hard to overtake a Ford Focus ST... damn :D

Greeting from germany

Patrick

M135i N55 PWG '2014 | JB4 Stage2 Rev. 1.0 | ST Suspensions X | Breyton Spirit R 8,5x19 ET42 | Breyton Race GTS 7,5x18 ET35 + 5mm Distance Rings

Last edited by Patrick_M135i; 01-02-2018 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: added some information
(#3410)
Old

Car: 2011 535ix
Default 01-02-2018, 12:33 PM

I just want to verify if I set my FUD correctly.

F10 535 PWG - 93oct, kettyless **, map2

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls -- NO
bit1 - Alternative in dash BC F10 compatibility mode -- YES
bit2 - Disable oil temp warmup protection -- full boost target when oil temps < 160. -- NO
bit3 - Disable wastegate/FF adaption learning for diagnostic purposes. -- NO
bit4 - Enable user adjustable progressive meth control*-- NO
bit5 - Disable port injection mapping tip in gain. -- YES
bit6 - Enable extra timing cylinder logging. -- YES
bit7 - Slow down CANbus sample rate - required for some vehicles with older software. -- YES

I am curious about bit5 port injection, should that be enabled or disabled is fine?
(#3411)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Since you are F10 535i

You need Bit 1 and Bit 7
I am not sure about bit 5

Check this thread : http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51050

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#3412)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Since you are F10 535i

You need Bit 1 and Bit 7
I am not sure about bit 5

Check this thread : http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51050
Thanks but that thread doesnt tell me if bit5 for port injection should be enabled or disabled.

Anyone?
(#3413)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziekxq
Thanks but that thread doesnt tell me if bit5 for port injection should be enabled or disabled.

Anyone?
Do you have Meth ? what are your mods ?

(#3414)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Do you have Meth ? what are your mods ?
c@tl3ss d.p
93oct
catback exhaust

thats about it.
(#3415)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziekxq
c@tl3ss d.p
93oct
catback exhaust

thats about it.
So You dont have Meth , Then You wont need the port injection.. Keep it Disabled..

Just wait for Terry To Confirm This

(#3416)
Old

Default 01-02-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
So You dont have Meth , Then You wont need the port injection.. Keep it Disabled..

Just wait for Terry To Confirm This
Thanks!

@Terry

Would greatly appreciate your feedback.
(#3417)
Old

Car: M135i PWG 2012
Default different Boxes 640i PWG vs. M135i PWG? - 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM

A friend of mine has a JB4 for the 640i PWG Typ B. Can I use this Box for my M135i PWG 2012? The TMAP sensor looks the same.
Thanks.
Alex
(#3418)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2018, 03:24 PM

Hey guys,

Have an F series EWG firmware that features much faster datalog sampling. Can a couple of you load it and give it a whirl? Worst case if it doesn't work (no data shows) just go back to previous version.

Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#3419)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Have an F series EWG firmware that features much faster datalog sampling. Can a couple of you load it and give it a whirl? Worst case if it doesn't work (no data shows) just go back to previous version.

Thanks!
I will test it terry.
But i am ISO

(#3420)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 03:26 PM

Ohh just noticed its EWG, I Am PWG

Dont you have any thing for me to test

(#3421)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Ohh just noticed its EWG, I Am PWG

Dont you have any thing for me to test
Yes I'm trying to code it up for you today. I don't have our F PWG test car handy so I'll just email it to you to load/test as soon as its ready.

Burger Motorsports

(#3422)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm trying to code it up for you today. I don't have our F PWG test car handy so I'll just email it to you to load/test as soon as its ready.
I will wait for it !
Great i will send you befoure and after logs

I am more than ready to be the BMS PWG Test Car

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 01-14-2018 at 03:51 PM..
(#3423)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2018, 06:25 PM

Send it. Let me know.

Burger Motorsports

(#3424)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Send it. Let me know.
received. Will test it and send you the logs.

(#3425)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
received. Will test it and send you the logs.
I am waiting for Terry To confirm in Email, But just to give you guys a heads up It's Really Fast logging now