JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#326)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
Default 04-02-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgklim
I decided to run 91 from Costco, and I'm on Map 3. I see between 0-25% knock control
When I was on Map 4 I pumped 94 from Chevron and didn't see much knock at all
Great input, thanks.

2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#327)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Turns out that 2017 CRV just had a faulty OBDII cable. Back in business with all CANbus active.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#328)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 04-05-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Turns out that 2017 CRV just had a faulty OBDII cable. Back in business with all CANbus active.
Great news for him
(#329)
Old

Car: 2018 Civic Si
Default 04-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgklim
I decided to run 91 from Costco, and I'm on Map 3. I see between 0-25% knock control
When I was on Map 4 I pumped 94 from Chevron and didn't see much knock at all
I've been daily-ing Map 7 for a week now (usually stick to 5). Gas is from OnCue (local place; sells Phillips 66 top tier). Generally about 4 gallons of E85 and fill the rest of the way up with 91. Knock almost never moves from 4.9. On the rare occasion it does, I've seen it dip down to 4.8, I think think like maybe once I saw 5.0.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#330)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinist
I've been daily-ing Map 7 for a week now (usually stick to 5). Gas is from OnCue (local place; sells Phillips 66 top tier). Generally about 4 gallons of E85 and fill the rest of the way up with 91. Knock almost never moves from 4.9. On the rare occasion it does, I've seen it dip down to 4.8, I think think like maybe once I saw 5.0.
This begs to requestion, whats the safe numbers one should see in TimingAVG, I notice it creeps up in traffic and goes down when its moving. I've seen it as high as 5 when climbing a hill after sitting in traffic regardless of map.
(#331)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 04-06-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurus
This begs to requestion, whats the safe numbers one should see in TimingAVG, I notice it creeps up in traffic and goes down when its moving. I've seen it as high as 5 when climbing a hill after sitting in traffic regardless of map.
I think it's normal, but your car won't have as much power output. I also see this, but don't think it's caused by the JB4/any particular map.
Edit: highest I ever heard was about 70%, and IAT temps were high
(#332)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurus
It's only relevant to our purposes at full throttle and how it moves during full throttle runs. What happens the other 99% of the time doesn't matter.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#333)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 05:37 PM

I am looking at adding a full front pipe back aftermarket exhaust. Anyone running an aftermarket exhaust with the Honda JB4? Thermal R&D is close to market with one for the 1.5T.

******** may come later which could then move me into a dyno tune. Why does this censor down pipe?

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#334)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 06:13 PM

I would look at intercooler/charge pipe s to.
(#335)
Old

Car: 2018 Civic Si
Default 04-11-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek
Anyone running an aftermarket exhaust with the Honda JB4?
Not a full catback or anything, but I've done a resonator delete, and replaced the stock mufflers with a Vibrant 1040. Up/down-pipe will probably happen sometime this spring/summer.

Mishimoto intake, resonator delete, Vibrant 1040 muffler, JB4 tuner, Firehawk Indy 500 rubber, Lamin-X fog light covers, Xentec 35w 6000k HIDs, custom d20 shift knob, 20% tint, red "H" badges.
(#336)
Old

Default 04-11-2019, 04:57 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I will prob go Thermal front pipe back exhaust to free it up some and add sound, and then something along the lines of an intercooler. Not sure if I will mess with the censored pipe yet.

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#337)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM

Finally got in our Si factory calibration MAF housings.

https://www.burgermotorsports.com/co...-billet-intake
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#338)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 04-15-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Cool! Are there JB4 maps for the Race vs. Factory calibrations?
Are the original (first few models) intakes closer to the Race or the Factory housings?

Thank you
(#339)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2019, 04:22 PM

The factory and RACE calibrations don't need tuning changes, because we left RACE setup so the fuel trims are around +12%, below the threshold where codes are triggered. But some people insist on 0% trims with a MAF housing so we have to offer both since the competition does.

Burger Motorsports

(#340)
Old

Car: Honda Accord EXL 1.5 Turbo
Default 04-21-2019, 03:26 AM

Hi,

I am new on the blog and just received my JB4 today for my Honda Accord EXL 1.5 t.
Would somebody be able to explain what is the benefit (added value) of connecting to ODB. Many thanks
(#341)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klpaleo
Hi,

I am new on the blog and just received my JB4 today for my Honda Accord EXL 1.5 t.
Would somebody be able to explain what is the benefit (added value) of connecting to ODB. Many thanks

Changing maps, plus seeing your engine readings. I like being able to see knock control, even though I run 93 octane and have only been using Map 2. Also see actual engine temp, where I try not to romp it until it warms up into the 180 degree range. Also inlet air temp and air temp after the intercooler.

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#342)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the feedback
You mean you canít change maps without OBD?
(#343)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 04-21-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback
You can change with or without
(#344)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback
Post was a little confusing. The BT connection and app makes it easy to change maps. And when using the app the obd2 connection gives good engine data.

PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Wheels
(#345)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Hi,

OBDII allows the JB4 to access engine data beyond the sensor it attaches to and include that data in your tuning. Car will run much better with it attached although it is optional.

Burger Motorsports

(#346)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:

So what is the difference between race and stock trims daily driving? I would assume more air once your not throwing codes is just better.
(#347)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2019, 11:25 AM

Honestly very little difference. The RACE flows more and will support a higher power level. At the boost levels we all run though there is probably minimal benefit to the larger housing. Since PRL our main competitor for these offers both factory and RACE calibrations we felt we had to do the same. With the difference being our RACE calibration DOES NOT require a reflash like theirs does.

Burger Motorsports

(#348)
Old

Default 04-21-2019, 11:55 AM

Ah, so I can wait for the crv/si race ones :D cause I don't see it in the menu yet
(#349)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2019, 06:55 PM

We haven't made those yet no. Waiting to see how sales are on the factory calibration Si ones are as that will determine when we make them.

Burger Motorsports

(#350)
Old

Default 04-22-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
OBDII allows the JB4 to access engine data beyond the sensor it attaches to and include that data in your tuning. Car will run much better with it attached although it is optional.
Many thanks Terry!