N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#951)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-13-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nez136
So Audi replaced the whole gas tank in my RS since the fuel sensor is molded into it! Absolutely crazy! Anyway pulled the JB4 off and warranty covered it. Audi Corp didnít ask questions when they saw the code so it seems they know about it happening in some vehicles. Got the car back and running without codes now. We are pretty positive ethanol had nothing to do with it. Back on map 5 and feelin good ��
Happy its all sorted. Rather now than when you out of warranty


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#952)
Old
vitipr vitipr is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: Audi SQ5 2021
Default 04-21-2021, 04:09 PM

George, I just changed to Map 4 with the E85 blend on my 21' sq5 and feel very good, no problems so far. I sent you the logs(email). Has anyone tried the 1/4 mile with the 21' sq5, stock vs jb4?
Reply With Quote
(#953)
Old
stinkcheese stinkcheese is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2021
Car: '21 SQ5
Default 04-21-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitipr
George, I just changed to Map 4 with the E85 blend on my 21' sq5 and feel very good, no problems so far. I sent you the logs(email). Has anyone tried the 1/4 mile with the 21' sq5, stock vs jb4?
Hey if you don't mind, can you send me a copy of the logs too? I have the same car, albeit a few mods, and wanted to compare figures with different fuels over the period of time I've had the Jb4 on my 2021 sq5. I'll send you mind too if you want to look over them as well. Cheers!

(You can PM me and we can discuss from there if you'd like, thanks)
Reply With Quote
(#954)
Old
vitipr vitipr is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: Audi SQ5 2021
Default 04-21-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkcheese
Hey if you don't mind, can you send me a copy of the logs too? I have the same car, albeit a few mods, and wanted to compare figures with different fuels over the period of time I've had the Jb4 on my 2021 sq5. I'll send you mind too if you want to look over them as well. Cheers!

(You can PM me and we can discuss from there if you'd like, thanks)
Ok, cool. I'll send you the logs tomorrow if I don't forget.
Reply With Quote
(#955)
Old
MrSkimo's Avatar
MrSkimo MrSkimo is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2020
Car: 2018 Audi S5 B9
Default 04-22-2021, 07:10 PM

George @ BMS - I just noticed that APR has a high pressure fuel pump rebuild available for the 2.9T and 3.0T EA389. They are claiming 37% increased fuel volume. My next upgrade this fall (post warranty) was going to be the BMS WMI kit. I am currently mixing fuel. Do you think that this fuel pump upgrade would yield increased performance with the JB4?

APR MS100211 APR High Pressure Fuel Pump - 2.9T and 3.0T EA839 (Rebuild)


2018 S5 B9
AWE Intake
JB4
APR Intercooler
RedStar exhaust

Last edited by MrSkimo; 04-22-2021 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Added link for fuel pump upgrade
Reply With Quote
(#956)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-23-2021, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkimo
George @ BMS - I just noticed that APR has a high pressure fuel pump rebuild available for the 2.9T and 3.0T EA389. They are claiming 37% increased fuel volume. My next upgrade this fall (post warranty) was going to be the BMS WMI kit. I am currently mixing fuel. Do you think that this fuel pump upgrade would yield increased performance with the JB4?

APR MS100211 APR High Pressure Fuel Pump - 2.9T and 3.0T EA839 (Rebuild)
On a stock turbo it is not really needed but does give the car some fueling room for safety purposes. If we on map 6 and a extreme map will most likely be beneficial.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#957)
Old
Justin_Swift6 Justin_Swift6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2021
Car: 2018 S5 Coupe
Default 04-27-2021, 09:16 PM

About to take delivery of a 2018 S5 Coupe and very interested in getting the JB4, may I ask have there been any hardware problems for using it? For example engine or turbo blows up, oil leak etc?
If there are no any hardware problems I think I will settle with map3, what are you guys getting with map3 in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
(#958)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-28-2021, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Swift6
About to take delivery of a 2018 S5 Coupe and very interested in getting the JB4, may I ask have there been any hardware problems for using it? For example engine or turbo blows up, oil leak etc?
If there are no any hardware problems I think I will settle with map3, what are you guys getting with map3 in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? Thanks!
Hi,

The model does not seem to have any design flaws like the 2.0T so they are very durable even with hybrid turbos.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#959)
Old
Justin_Swift6 Justin_Swift6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2021
Car: 2018 S5 Coupe
Default 04-28-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

The model does not seem to have any design flaws like the 2.0T so they are very durable even with hybrid turbos.
Thank you George! What about any transmission problems due to JB4ís added torque? and what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile time can I expect with my local average quality 93 gas?
Reply With Quote
(#960)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-28-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Swift6
Thank you George! What about any transmission problems due to JB4ís added torque? and what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile time can I expect with my local average quality 93 gas?
The transmission is at full lock up quite a bit below maximum stock torque so the JB4's added torque is no issue. There are hybrid turbo cars running with no issues neither.

You should get in the 11's and highish 3's for 0-60mph. Fastest stock car we have seen is 11.6sec and 3.6 to 60.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#961)
Old
Justin_Swift6 Justin_Swift6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2021
Car: 2018 S5 Coupe
Default 04-28-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
The transmission is at full lock up quite a bit below maximum stock torque so the JB4's added torque is no issue. There are hybrid turbo cars running with no issues neither.

You should get in the 11's and highish 3's for 0-60mph. Fastest stock car we have seen is 11.6sec and 3.6 to 60.
Oh really!? Map3 will get me into high 11's and high 3's? That's what I expected with map5 on E30 lol and it's faster than my current 16 Camaro SS at 4.0 and 12.3 with stock 455hp!
Reply With Quote
(#962)
Old
Justin_Swift6 Justin_Swift6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2021
Car: 2018 S5 Coupe
Default 04-28-2021, 08:12 PM

and I just found out the S5 uses 0w20 oil, that seems very thin to me, would you recommed using something like 5w30 or even 5w40 especially when I start to use JB4?
Reply With Quote
(#963)
Old
Slava Slava is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2019
Car: Audi B9 S5 SB
Default Map4 and Map5 logs on E85 blend - 04-29-2021, 01:56 PM

Did a few logs on map4 and map5 both on E85 blend 5.5 gal to rest of 91. AFRs seem to be high on WOT most of the time above 14 and a few times in 15s. What do you guys think? I attached both logs. It's a stock S5 with a K&N drop-in filter.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 210428map4.csv (9.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: csv 210429map5.csv (7.4 KB, 84 views)
Reply With Quote
(#964)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-30-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
Did a few logs on map4 and map5 both on E85 blend 5.5 gal to rest of 91. AFRs seem to be high on WOT most of the time above 14 and a few times in 15s. What do you guys think? I attached both logs. It's a stock S5 with a K&N drop-in filter.
Both look good. The AFR will come down if the ECU sees high exhaust gas temperature. With the mix in cylinder temps are cooler so it leans it out a bit.
Boost is a bit under target so make FF wastegate adaption value 100 as well as fuel open loop 100 to get a bit of a higher fueling ceiling.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#965)
Old
tempos tempos is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2021
Car: Audi A6C8 55TFSI
Default 05-25-2021, 02:54 AM

Hello, George, Terry and Payam.
I'd like to buy JB4 for my A6(C8) 55 tfsi Audi 2020 but I'm new to pigtail tuning and so have some questions. I've been looking through the topic but there are only one guy who has installed JB4 at A7 and not so much info.
Under hood placement doesn't look familiar to S4 so don't you have installation scheme for C8?
Compartment at brake booster is really tight so I’m not really sure I could pass an OBD cable through the firewall. How convenient is it to leave it around the windshield stand?
It doesn’t mentioned at the topic but does JB4 works like a pedal booster? Because as I could see BMS pedal booster doesn’t fit C8 and I have a problem with accelerator sensitivity not even caused by turbo lag.
My biggest concern is transmission including gearbox and driveshafts. As for gearbox - as far as I know DL382 is used here and it limits to 500 Nm torque which stock engine already have. What are your thoughts regarding s-tronic gearbox?
I will run 98-100 RON fuel (which should be 93-94 AKI) so I think map 3 will be fine (probably map 4 when I will upgrade IC for Wagner) and I don’t need to connect fuel pressure sensor, correct?
As for purchase - I’d like to get group 7 JB4 SENT tuner with wireless smartphone kit directly from your site but unfortunately shipment id not supported to my place. Don’t you have some dealers in Russia?
Thank you in advance for your answers, guys.
Reply With Quote
(#966)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,233
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 05-25-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempos
Hello, George, Terry and Payam.
I'd like to buy JB4 for my A6(C8) 55 tfsi Audi 2020 but I'm new to pigtail tuning and so have some questions. I've been looking through the topic but there are only one guy who has installed JB4 at A7 and not so much info.
Under hood placement doesn't look familiar to S4 so don't you have installation scheme for C8?
Compartment at brake booster is really tight so Iím not really sure I could pass an OBD cable through the firewall. How convenient is it to leave it around the windshield stand?
It doesnít mentioned at the topic but does JB4 works like a pedal booster? Because as I could see BMS pedal booster doesnít fit C8 and I have a problem with accelerator sensitivity not even caused by turbo lag.
My biggest concern is transmission including gearbox and driveshafts. As for gearbox - as far as I know DL382 is used here and it limits to 500 Nm torque which stock engine already have. What are your thoughts regarding s-tronic gearbox?
I will run 98-100 RON fuel (which should be 93-94 AKI) so I think map 3 will be fine (probably map 4 when I will upgrade IC for Wagner) and I donít need to connect fuel pressure sensor, correct?
As for purchase - Iíd like to get group 7 JB4 SENT tuner with wireless smartphone kit directly from your site but unfortunately shipment id not supported to my place. Donít you have some dealers in Russia?
Thank you in advance for your answers, guys.
I'll do my best to answer some of your questions, but most of the tuning questions will have to be answered by George.

The JB4 can be put in a safe corner where water will not get to it. Zip tie it aside and you don't have to worry. This is not like the pedal booster, but will help with pedal response. The OBD can be routed through the door jam for fast and easy access/removal.

You can contact one of our dealers in Russia and they can further assist you with the purchase etc.

Login ‚ÄĘ Instagram


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#967)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 05-25-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempos
Hello, George, Terry and Payam.
I'd like to buy JB4 for my A6(C8) 55 tfsi Audi 2020 but I'm new to pigtail tuning and so have some questions. I've been looking through the topic but there are only one guy who has installed JB4 at A7 and not so much info.
Under hood placement doesn't look familiar to S4 so don't you have installation scheme for C8?
Compartment at brake booster is really tight so I’m not really sure I could pass an OBD cable through the firewall. How convenient is it to leave it around the windshield stand?
It doesn’t mentioned at the topic but does JB4 works like a pedal booster? Because as I could see BMS pedal booster doesn’t fit C8 and I have a problem with accelerator sensitivity not even caused by turbo lag.
My biggest concern is transmission including gearbox and driveshafts. As for gearbox - as far as I know DL382 is used here and it limits to 500 Nm torque which stock engine already have. What are your thoughts regarding s-tronic gearbox?
I will run 98-100 RON fuel (which should be 93-94 AKI) so I think map 3 will be fine (probably map 4 when I will upgrade IC for Wagner) and I don’t need to connect fuel pressure sensor, correct?
As for purchase - I’d like to get group 7 JB4 SENT tuner with wireless smartphone kit directly from your site but unfortunately shipment id not supported to my place. Don’t you have some dealers in Russia?
Thank you in advance for your answers, guys.
Hi,

Placement is the same but TMAP sensor is all the way down the charge pipe on the cooler. I would see if you can reach it from the top.
A good portion of our customers prefer going around the door stop.
I will increase throttle response to a extent but not the same as a pedal tuner would. We do not not have a model that currently supports the C8 though.
Email me for a dealer list in Russia - george@burgertuning.com
There are no transmission concerns on this model.
On 93 map 3 is recommended. I have done quite a bit of logging though on a A7 and it seems map 4 works good as well but will need to see logs for that. Fuel plug is not needed for 93.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#968)
Old
tempos tempos is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2021
Car: Audi A6C8 55TFSI
Default 05-25-2021, 10:15 PM

Payam, George, thank you guys for the quick and clear response! Sent the mail to George for the dealer list.
Reply With Quote
(#969)
Old
Specktor Specktor is offline
Banned
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2016
Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default one mo - 05-26-2021, 01:31 PM

https://www.bece.com.au/uncategorize...s-poker-chips/
Reply With Quote
(#970)
Old
tempos tempos is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2021
Car: Audi A6C8 55TFSI
Default 06-02-2021, 08:04 AM

Hey, George. Didn't you check if TMAP sensor could be reached from the top on the A6C8?
I found JB4 locally and got it today. Am I right that I have to connect just 4 points for 93 fuel: MAP, TMAP, OBD2 and ground? Or should I connect BCM as it could increase the productivity?
Reply With Quote
(#971)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-02-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempos
Hey, George. Didn't you check if TMAP sensor could be reached from the top on the A6C8?
I found JB4 locally and got it today. Am I right that I have to connect just 4 points for 93 fuel: MAP, TMAP, OBD2 and ground? Or should I connect BCM as it could increase the productivity?
One user could get to it and the other used a shop who went from the bottom so its relative to the person whose fitting it skill.

BCM does give the car slightly faster spool and its not hard to connect to. Terry has a good way of getting the plug off that can be viewed here in the beginning of the video: https://youtu.be/bNP1cy-QOi8


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#972)
Old
blitz869 blitz869 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2016 Golf R
Default 06-02-2021, 09:11 PM

Hey George, how much HP are stock S4's making on map 3 & 4? I'll have 94 octane available.
Reply With Quote
(#973)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-03-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz869
Hey George, how much HP are stock S4's making on map 3 & 4? I'll have 94 octane available.
Here is a map 3 dyno on 93.



2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#974)
Old
kanemari kanemari is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: Audi S4 B9
Default 07-01-2021, 05:39 AM

Hi again,

Got a couple of fault codes randomly today which I suspect are just car related but thought I would ask here - have searched the lists of known codes and they didnt show up.

1FB1, and 87E1

Car is still under extended warranty - so if its not JB4 related will take the car in ASAP.

Actually it looks like I got that code last time but never found out what it meant. I did end up having my oil temp sensor replaced but from memory that was a different code.
Reply With Quote
(#975)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,467
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-01-2021, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanemari
Hi again,

Got a couple of fault codes randomly today which I suspect are just car related but thought I would ask here - have searched the lists of known codes and they didnt show up.

1FB1, and 87E1

Car is still under extended warranty - so if its not JB4 related will take the car in ASAP.

Actually it looks like I got that code last time but never found out what it meant. I did end up having my oil temp sensor replaced but from memory that was a different code.
Hi,

Seems like its going to be a dealer fix as the one is cooling related.

1FB1 8113 Performance malfunction in cooling system
87E1 34785 Evap system incorrect purge flow


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com