N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 09-21-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you want to know what your car makes just strap it down to a dynojet machine and find out!
Nod, will do--I'm trying to figure out whether I want to get it first, though... hence the questions.

Quote:
For the JB4+BCM no pump gas only dyno testing has been done. We will be doing some dyno testing of a development M5 intake in the coming weeks. When doing that I'll turn the meth off for a few pump gas only runs on the JB4 which can then be compared with the average pump gas Stage1 numbers. I expect it will be able to safely run another 1-2psi on the same octane level. Which would translate to another 15-30whp depending on the ambient conditions.
Perfect, that'll be great.

2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe
(#252)
Old

Default 09-22-2015, 05:05 PM

When do you expect the BCM to be generally available?

Finally, are there installation (pre-release or otherwise) instructions posted anywhere (you're gonna say 'in this thread' aren't you)?

(#253)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2015, 05:33 PM

BCM was moved to mass production. Hope to have plenty of them in a couple weeks.

We'll need to make an install guide. There are some photos scattered throughout the thread to wet your appetite.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#254)
Old

Car: M5
Default 09-22-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
BCM was moved to mass production. Hope to have plenty of them in a couple weeks.

We'll need to make an install guide. There are some photos scattered throughout the thread to wet your appetite.
I am able to run my stock m5 stage1 at +4 on 94 octane with no problems....
How much more hp can I gain with the BCM?
(#255)
Old

Car: m4
Default 09-24-2015, 12:05 PM

can you clear low voltage codes with the jb4 after disconnecting the battery running the newest software on the 2015 M3
(#256)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm4
can you clear low voltage codes with the jb4 after disconnecting the battery running the newest software on the 2015 M3
This is an M5 thread. And I'm not familiar with any such faults.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#257)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2015, 12:49 PM

Got a small batch of 15 BCMs in. Will add them to the site shortly.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#258)
Old

Default 09-24-2015, 05:29 PM

I'm waiting for some sense of the installation complexity before I pull the trigger--if it's too complex, I think I'll give it a miss because I change cars too frequently. Perhaps you can give me a sense of that, Terry?

(#259)
Old

Car: f10 M5
Default 09-25-2015, 03:34 AM

I just put in my order for the JB4 upgrade and BCM Terry! been a long time but its finally on the way !!... many thanks! :D
(#260)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 09-25-2015, 04:31 AM

Order placed! Can't wait to get it fixed! Hope there will be some kind of install guide shortly. Good work, Terry!
(#261)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 09-28-2015, 07:40 PM

Terry/Ando,

Thanks for taking care of my order last friday. My brother received everything today at our Windermere address in FL. Now the break in period begins and then

Quick question, coming from the M4, the can flap (exhaust) did a tremendous difference for the sound of the exhaust. I actually still have the can flap module from the M4.

Any plans for can flap/exhaust sound for the M5/M6? Does it actually make a difference for these cars (for those who opened the valve/left it open all the way manually)? Curious as I am searching for exhaust options.
(#262)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-28-2015, 07:41 PM

We would like to add the CANflap control to the JB4 but don't have the commands yet. Hopefully one of these days!

Burger Motorsports

(#263)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 09-28-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
We would like to add the CANflap control to the JB4 but don't have the commands yet. Hopefully one of these days!
Can't wait. Will be awesome. :D
(#264)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW M5
Default 09-30-2015, 02:39 AM

Hi Terry,
Hope you are doing well. I believe Jimmy from R1motorsport contacted you regarding my car a while back. I have 2013 BMW M5. I have your BMS stage1 with CANNtool. Did a dyno and my car kept heat soaking. I am not sure if it is from the 91 Octane we get in California or something else.

I hope you can address my problem.

On top of that I have few questions and concerns regarding your JB4 and BCM upgrade.

What will be the best way to contact you sir?

Best Regards,
Husain.
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2015, 08:07 AM

This thread is the only means of communication for the JB4/BCM module.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT FBO JB4
Default 10-08-2015, 03:44 AM

Terry,

I got a DTM light this morning on a pull in 3rd gear after installing the BCM and setting to map 2, however I noticed that I did not need to pull over and turn the car off as it went away by itself and did not put me into limp mode like it usually does (has occurred 3 other times even without JB4). It appeared to have limited boost afterwards. Is that something you have programmed to do in the JB4? Also, have you figured out why the DTM occurs and/or have any resolution for it? I can send you some logs later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I'm waiting for some sense of the installation complexity before I pull the trigger--if it's too complex, I think I'll give it a miss because I change cars too frequently. Perhaps you can give me a sense of that, Terry?
I just installed the BCM last night. At first it seemed complex, but after playing with it for about an hour I finally got it installed. The instructions and pictures Terry has on the OP were pretty straightforward. My only issue was finding the throttle body clamp down below the intercooler, you need to disconnect all the connectors that are on it and move them out of the way to see it better. I was working in a dimly lit garage and using my iPhone as the source of lighting so it made it harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBOOST
I have tied my exhaust manually multiple times and it is very noticeably louder, but I am ******* as well. At cold start I would say the sound is at least 30-50% louder than with the flap closed. It drones a tiny bit too much for my taste sometimes so I often close it back and when I am in the mood I will manually tie it open (takes about 5 minutes to do).
(#267)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2015, 07:35 AM

If you get a fault code you'll need to read it in the JB4 interface. Make sure menu 4 is set to 0 in dish to disable auto clear.

Burger Motorsports

(#268)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 10-09-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek
Terry, if you're interested in seeing the JB4 + BCM applied to the S63 in an X5M - as I am - I'm game, let's chat when you're ready. Thanks!
You and I both...I'm so confused as to what path to take here since the M5 and X5M are different enough that while we can follow in their footsteps, it seems we'll never reach the same power levels they do.
(#269)
Old

Default 10-09-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
The canned flash tunes will misfire under load (4th/5th gear) at high RPMs. It needs some tweaking and a reasonable tuner can fix it even with the limitiations of the current implementation.
Which canned flash was causing this? I still haven't decided on a tuner...I like ESS because I figure best to follow in your footsteps, but Eurocharged (and just about any tuner out there) say theirs is the best of the best. Newer injectors, gutted cats, muffler delete...just need to sort out a tuner and meth kit.
(#270)
Old

Default 10-09-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
The X5M is sort of its own animal. We'll already be scraping the bottom of the barrel for s63tu owners for this upgrade to cover the development costs. I'm not sure we'll be able to add X5M support. It would depend on how much extra work it winds up being. If the BCM as designed for the s63tu is compatible, etc. We'll see.
This is the same thing I've been saying to soo many people...S63TU isn't the S63, so while it's great that tunes are out there for these engines, clearly the S63 is going to remain behind the ball. It's frustrating talking to sales people when everyone keeps quoting performance numbers that I'll never attain.
(#271)
Old

Default 10-09-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
You'd just order both the upgrade kit and the Stage1 unit. IF you do that we can place the JB4 wires within the Stage1 harness for you.
What if I wanted to follow in allmotor2000's footsteps by running an ESS tune...do I just buy the JB4 (it controls meth as well, correct) and a BCM - assuming these will both work on an X5M.
(#272)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 10-10-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
What if I wanted to follow in allmotor2000's footsteps by running an ESS tune...do I just buy the JB4 (it controls meth as well, correct) and a BCM - assuming these will both work on an X5M.
Well I am misfiring again so have no idea what to try next. Maybe back to stock flash.
(#273)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 10-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Well I am misfiring again so have no idea what to try next. Maybe back to stock flash.
I'm having same issues Tried to gap the spark plugs, did not work out for me.. It pulls EXTREMELY to 220km/h, then hesitates..
I parked the car until summer, hoping for a fix.
(#274)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 03:10 PM

Not come across any flash map customers who are not misfiring at higher boost levels. Those flash maps are just set too rich IMHO. Had a couple guys flash to stock and not misfire so hopefully that works. The trade off is you loose your speed deliminter and then you have to worry about fuel trims at higher boost levels. Although with meth you can mitigate the fuel trim issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#275)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 10-10-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Not come across any flash map customers who are not misfiring at higher boost levels. Those flash maps are just set too rich IMHO. Had a couple guys flash to stock and not misfire so hopefully that works. The trade off is you loose your speed deliminter and then you have to worry about fuel trims at higher boost levels. Although with meth you can mitigate the fuel trim issue.
Everyone has this, it is fixed though. But these tunes cost north of $4k... Which is simply crazy. We tried to do map scaling, did not work, throttle did not open 100%. One thing is sure, the JB4 did an amazing job for datalogging