N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default BMS Stage 1 - S63TU M5 - 08-04-2015, 01:11 PM

Terry,

I connected my Stage 1 unit to my PC and when connected, I changed the boost safety to 4.0 but when I save the settings and it refreshes, it changes to 3.4. Does the same if I change it from 4 to another number. Seems to refresh to a lower number each time.

Is this a normal characteristic of the software/piggy back?

Thanks
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Perhaps you are using the wrong interface for your board. Screen shot of user adjustment page?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Here are before & after screen shots. Before is when I connect to the board and after when I save the setting which changes from 4 to 3.4. When I refresh the connection (disconnect/reconnect), it displays 3.4. I tried this on two different stage 1 boards and got the same results.
Attached Images

Last edited by 13F10M5; 08-06-2015 at 07:23 PM..
(#4)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 08-07-2015, 05:21 AM

Pretty sure you got the wrong interface. This is for jb4. Not stage 1.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf10m5
Thanks Gary for your response. I thought this was the case but Stage 1 interface doesn't connect and per the install guide, I am to use JB4 interface. See note below straight from their install guide.

If your box says "n63" in marker on it (and has //3 after the firmware date) then use the Stage1
interface. If your box says "n62-2" in marker on it (and has //4 after the firmware date) then use the
JB4 interface.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2015, 12:55 PM

//4 indicates a G3_V2 board. So interface looks correct. What happens if you enter say 5.0?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
//4 indicates a G3_V2 board. So interface looks correct. What happens if you enter say 5.0?
Terry, same thing happens with 5.0. It reduces I believe by .6. I am not in front of my computer but I found that this happens with any value I put in that field.

Ill give it a shot again tonight with 5 and see what value is returned.
(#8)
Old

Default 08-08-2015, 03:16 PM

Terry,

I set it to 5.0 and once saved, it reduced to 4.3. I tried doing 5.1 and it reduced to 4.4.

It happens if I go up/down in values

Tried this on two different Stage 1 boards.
(#9)
Old

Default 08-11-2015, 08:49 AM

Terry,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
(#10)
Old

Default 08-11-2015, 09:06 AM

Had this happen to me, I just set it higher all the time.
(#11)
Old

Default 08-16-2015, 06:24 AM

I picked up a windows tablet for my car and noticed that when I change the values, it stays now. The issue must have been with my other computer. Glad it's corrected.

Thanks everyone for help
(#12)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F10M5
Thanks Gary for your response. I thought this was the case but Stage 1 interface doesn't connect and per the install guide, I am to use JB4 interface. See note below straight from their install guide.

If your box says "n63" in marker on it (and has //3 after the firmware date) then use the Stage1
interface. If your box says "n62-2" in marker on it (and has //4 after the firmware date) then use the
JB4 interface.
My box just says 63-2 on it and can not get any firmware installed with the BMS cable and i did mine the exact way the instructions say and now can not upload a firmware to the box. any ideas?
(#13)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default 03-12-2016, 05:11 AM

Can you post link for the firmware update?

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2016, 11:17 AM

There are no Stage1 firmware updates.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 535
Default 07-06-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
There are no Stage1 firmware updates.

Hi Terry,
I just purchased the USB cable for my stage 1 (not JB4) for my N55. What are my options as far as what I can do with my stage 1? Is there an updated firmware now? The car has started to hesitate under medium throttle, so I figured it may be the stage 1, and wanted to see if there was a diagnosis I could run. Thanks.
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2018, 04:47 PM

This is an S63TU thread, not an N55 thread.

But there are no diagnostics on Stage1 other than to check boost levels. Would need a JB4 for diagnostics.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 535
Default 07-06-2018, 07:05 PM

My apologies. But thanks for answering anyway. Much appreciated.
(#18)
Old

Car: X5M
Default 07-23-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf10m5
how can i download the Stage 1 Tune for S63tu?
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2018, 07:05 PM

There are no Stage1 firmware updates, so nothing in any of these threads applies to Stage1.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: bmw 535i
Default 10-24-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Is there a manual or user guide for the Stage 1 unit. I was unaware of the interface. F80 M3
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2018, 11:40 AM

This thread is pretty old.

The Stage1 systems can have boost set between 0-4psi, it's already set to 4psi on //M models. You could technically set it to 5psi but generally a JB4 and its fuel control, CANbus, and advanced features are required for those levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: M6
Default BMS Stage 1 - S63TU M5 - 07-01-2021, 10:18 AM

Hey Terry,

Does the BMS Stage 1 tune for N63 work with the S63? Your website shows it as two different products, but this listing shows the BMS stage 1 will work on either. Any firmware updates needed?

https://burgertuning.com/collections...cts/n63-stage1