N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 10-19-2021, 09:53 PM

@Terry@BMS
Newbie question,,,,,,How do we send you the logs?

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
(#652)
Old

Car: 335xi sedan 6AT
Default 10-19-2021, 11:24 PM

Terry,
Will the CX-5’s JB4 continue to utilize the connection at the intercooler, or will further development see that connection point migrate north to the MAF? I’m not a fan of the work involved getting to the passenger side of the intercooler.
(#653)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tric_101
Well I just blew up my rear diff today on my Mazda 3 turbo On the Bright side looks to be a manufacturing issue with just mine not anything common.. Warranty is going to cover it.. not fun for me for the next 4 days well I wait for it to come in.
I figured the axles would’ve gone first. What were you doing when it blew out?
(#654)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
@Terry@BMS
Newbie question,,,,,,How do we send you the logs?
You just select them in the app and email them, or you can also email them to yourself and attach them to a post here.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#655)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo
Default Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_TPPH
I figured the axles would’ve gone first. What were you doing when it blew out?
Was not accelerating hard just cruising. Nothing to do with strength that caused it to go.. Even the strongest diff would let go if it had the same issue.. My lash was not setup right from factory or a clip was not installed causing my pinion gear to move. looks like a one off definitely not a common issue..... Covered under warranty no big deal. Got a cx-30 turbo loaner till I get my 3 back

Last edited by Tric_101; Yesterday at 06:07 PM..
(#656)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Was not accelerating hard just cruising. Nothing to do with strength that caused it to go.. Even the strongest diff would let go if it had the same issue.. My lash was not setup right from factory or a clip was not installed causing my pinion gear to move. looks like a one off... Covered under warranty no big deal. Covered under warranty no big deal. Got a cx-30 turbo loaner till I get mine back
Yeah I saw your Facebook post. I won’t say I’ve been taking it easy on mine, but I now save boosted launches for “special occasions” rather than the regular occurrence they used to be
(#657)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
WRONG!

In modern torque tuned based turbocharged direct injected cars, it does a fuel quality test at high idle during start up.

If you started the car for the first time that say without 30% E it will not give you extra timing.

What you have to do is do 4-5 WOT blast in 3rd-4th gear.

Occasionally, I have to run 91 octane and its wack. The car drops 3-4 degrees ignition advance.

Don't get it twisted that because I have a Kia and you have a Mazda there is no correlation, there is plenty.

My car will run around 98 mph on 91 octane in the 1/4 mile.

It has run 102+ on E30 and 103+ with E and water methanol injection.

I run drag radials at the track so it should run high 13's on 91 now that I got my 60 ft times in the 1.9's.
I ran a FULL tank of E30. A week's worth of starting it up, giving the ECU ample time to "learn" fuel trims and apply additional spark, load, or boost. It did none of those things. I took regular logs. It might be best to know the product before chiming in
(#658)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo
Default Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
WRONG!

In modern torque tuned based turbocharged direct injected cars, it does a fuel quality test at high idle during start up.

If you started the car for the first time that say without 30% E it will not give you extra timing.

What you have to do is do 4-5 WOT blast in 3rd-4th gear.

Occasionally, I have to run 91 octane and its wack. The car drops 3-4 degrees ignition advance.

Don't get it twisted that because I have a Kia and you have a Mazda there is no correlation, there is plenty.

My car will run around 98 mph on 91 octane in the 1/4 mile.

It has run 102+ on E30 and 103+ with E and water methanol injection.

I run drag radials at the track so it should run high 13's on 91 now that I got my 60 ft times in the 1.9's.

Not true. The ECU works in a closed feed back loop. Keeping the engine making as much power as the manufacture map will allow, many times a second trying to advance the timing till micro knock. Then the ECU dials back the timing a bit and the loop starts over again, advancing to a maximum point that the manufacture sets or micro knock. This maximum level can be varied almost in real time for different engine temperatures, throttle positions, engine loads and others inputs. The only way to over come this is altering the inputs data to the ECU or a tune.
The ECU is monitoring many times a sec as close to real time as possible. lol not some start up check that changes timing.

Last edited by Tric_101; Yesterday at 07:47 PM..
(#659)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD
Default Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Not true. The ECU works in a closed feed back loop. Keeping the engine making as much power as the manufacture map will allow, many times a sec trying to advance the timing till micro knock. Then the ECU dials back the timing a bit and the loop starts over again, advancing to a maximum point that the manufacture sets. This can be varied almost in real time for different engine temperatures, throttle positions, engine loads and others inputs. The only way to over come this is altering the inputs data to the ECU or a tune.
The ECU is monitoring many times a sec as close to real time as possible. lol not some start up check that changes timing.
Gotta love the big brains trying to tell you what isn't happening with our platform... because it might be with theirs. Data is king, always. Making assumptions and telling people they are WRONG... laughable at best.