N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 135i 6mt
Default 08-26-2018, 07:28 PM

Ahhh ok. I do have an f chassis. I had a 335i with a jb4 loved it. Can’t wait to see what jb4 does with the twin scrolls. Is there anyways you Can you point me in the right direction for this forum. I’m can’t seem to find much info on it.

Thanks you!
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMulla
Ahhh ok. I do have an f chassis. I had a 335i with a jb4 loved it. Canít wait to see what jb4 does with the twin scrolls. Is there anyways you Can you point me in the right direction for this forum. Iím canít seem to find much info on it.

Thanks you!
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45226

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: M550i
Default 08-31-2018, 06:57 AM

Hi Terry. Unfortunately I am still having some issues after removing old firmware and installing the hex file posted above. I have a few questions that might get to the bottom of it. My car 2018 M550 is back at the shop today to check the JB4 cables:
1) should all gauges be working in the App? Currently only Map 1 and Boost gauges work and move with acceleration. Other Maps are not working and all other gauges show zeros
2) after connecting to the app and then starting the car, I receive a drivetrain error on the car display. The kit seems to be connected since I can feel and hear a difference but I have no way of visually confirming it with the app
3) I recorded a log which I can send in case it will help you. Just let me know how I can send to you
4) I mentioned in a previous post, that I had a local shop install the kit and we ran a dyno pre and post installation and it showed and increase of 50hp and 50torque using Map 1. Other maps didn’t add performance
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 08:49 AM

Post a JB4 log on map1 so I can check the settings and firmware. If OBDII is installed, RPM and other gauges should be showing in the app.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default Jb4 log map1 - 08-31-2018, 04:07 PM

Attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-29 15_34_28.csv (282.5 KB, 23 views)
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 04:21 PM

I see. Firmware looks OK.

Also noticed on map2 without CANbus we set it to default to 1psi. I'll change that to 5psi.

As a quick test with engine running, press the prime button a couple times on the WMI page in the app, and see if that gets CANbus active. We have a reset CANbus in there combined with the purge mode.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old

Default 09-01-2018, 04:26 PM

I had the kit reconnected by my local shop and no luck with the dials working in the app. It also only connects about 50% of the time now. The funny thing was when I picked up the car, the RPM gauge starting working but has not worked since. Only Boost and Map gauges are working (see pic while I was driving). I may have to send the kit back to Burger and try a replacement. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Would be a waste of time to exchange the hardware as these are clearly software related issues.

You'll need the updated app if it only connects half the time. You can contact JB4 mobile for it directly. iOS updates are always 6 months behind thanks to Apple.

If the RPM gauge was working in the app at some point, then what changed exactly? Nothing else on CANbus or in OBDII port like a vent gauge?

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 09-02-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would be a waste of time to exchange the hardware as these are clearly software related issues.

You'll need the updated app if it only connects half the time. You can contact JB4 mobile for it directly. iOS updates are always 6 months behind thanks to Apple.

If the RPM gauge was working in the app at some point, then what changed exactly? Nothing else on CANbus or in OBDII port like a vent gauge?
Thanks, I just emailed Donnie for this and Iíll revert back. I definitely had software issues starting from the very beginning with dozens of errors and timeouts in the firmware update process
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2018, 12:51 PM

Was there a previous JB4 firmware you had that logged normally?

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Car: bmw m550 ix
Default 10-21-2018, 10:07 AM

i am using map 2 on jb4 hiring 3,82 sek 0-100km/t on sea level. temperature 12 degrees celsius can i expect more .
(#62)
Old

Car: bmw m550 ix
Default jb4 - 10-21-2018, 10:12 AM

this what i got with jb4 map 2.
Attached Images

(#63)
Old

Default 10-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorns
this what i got with jb4 map 2.
On an M550?
(#64)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default Today, 10:50 AM

has anyone had their car on a dyno yet with a JB4?
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 09:35 PM

Since it's AWD not that many people dyno them, and those that do don't use dynojets so the numbers don't mean anything anyway.

Burger Motorsports