JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#851)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achi 3.0
Hi Terry,

do you think that i would feel more power when i install the ******* ********* and run still the Map 2??

I have some eisenmann dp's here but i don't know if i install them or not.

Best regards
Our official stance is to point out *** are illegal for all applications EXCEPT competition race use only vehicles as defined in my signature. If it's a dedicated race car they may add few HP. But to be honest the S55 factory *** are not that bad in the 450-500whp range. At 600whp they are definitely a restriction.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#852)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 04-07-2015, 02:10 PM

I just picked up the Electronic M Performance Steering wheel and it requires taping into the Canbus High/Low. Would the JB4 splicing into CAN cause any issue when use in conjunction with the electric steering wheel?
(#853)
Old

Car: 2015 Bmw M4
Default 04-07-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneedo
I just picked up the Electronic M Performance Steering wheel and it requires taping into the Canbus High/Low. Would the JB4 splicing into CAN cause any issue when use in conjunction with the electric steering wheel?
I have am performance electric wheel and run the jb4 no problems yet
(#854)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 04-07-2015, 11:39 PM

Hey terry,

was seriously considering getting a BMS stage 1 tuner, just some questions

1) im assuming since this doesn't have canbus, you can only go between map 0 and map 1 via laptop?

2) on the same note, since there is no canbus, canflap module probably doesnt work either?

3) I have the BMS ob2 canflap module, if i were to throw a error (specifically drivetrain which i assume would be the most common), could the canflap module delete the error so it would be "invisible" to the dealer or would i need jb4? My main concern is i just want a simple tune with no hassle if possible

Thanks!

PS: for all those wondering, ob2 canflap module is beast.
(#855)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 04:59 PM

Firmware v3.12

1) Increased data sampling rate.
2) Adjusted AFR to show a blended bank1/bank2 value. I will separate them again down the road as we have more logging changes in the works.
3) Added user adjustable "3rd gear" boost limiter. Requires new interface. Note that 1st gear reduces boost by that amount below 30mph, 2nd gear reduces boost by that amount below 50mph, an 3rd gear reduces boost by that amount below 85mph. If dyno testing you should set these values to 0 otherwise they will lower boost for parts of your dyno runs. We will be implementing a gear logging system (computed using road speed and RPM) in a future release.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#856)
Old

Default JB4 Stage 1 Install - 04-09-2015, 08:38 AM

I cannot disconnect the map sensor for the life of me!! I have the reservoir loose. I cannot get my hands down there to reach the sensor. Do you have any recommendations on how to get my hands in there so I can disconnect this manually or there any special tools I need to complete this job. It is the only step I have left to connecting my stage 1 tune. Should I remove the connection hose to the reservoir to free up space?
Thanks Rich
(#857)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 08:42 AM

Just a long screwdriver is all you need. It unclips from the back.

Burger Motorsports

(#858)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Where do I push with the screwdriver?? Once unclipped is there any recs to plugging the jb map connection to the car or can this be done manually?
(#859)
Old

Car: M3 E46 03.5
Send a message via AIM to 0-60Motorsports Send a message via MSN to 0-60Motorsports
Default 04-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich8102
Where do I push with the screwdriver?? Once unclipped is there any recs to plugging the jb map connection to the car or can this be done manually?
Rich can you post a pic?
(#860)
Old

Car: f80
Default 04-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Terry, could you please look at my log on this thread:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...d=1#post362882

Another person posted saying I may be overboosting massively.

THanks
(#861)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsam
Terry, could you please look at my log on this thread:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...d=1#post362882

Another person posted saying I may be overboosting massively.

THanks
They probably just don't know how to read the S55 logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#862)
Old

Car: M4 S55
Default 04-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Hi Terry. Just a bit of active criticism. The new in dash map switch is terrible. Very temperamental. And off putting whilst driving. The noticeable flash from the DTC shifter worked finr for me.

I know its for those that bought a manual. But is there anyway of having one firmware update for DTC with the shifter switch and one update for manual with the in dash till you come up with something else. As i want all of the new logging etc but cant deal with the map switching.

Thanks.
(#863)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 10:05 AM

It's definitely an area of active development.

What do you find off-putting about the new routine? Perhaps we can improve it.

Burger Motorsports

(#864)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 10:14 AM

It takes far too long of pressing the volume down to change
Sometimes it doesnt change at all. Then im trying again stairing at my dash hoping for a small amount of text to change. By the time it has im home and not enjoyed my drive with my jb4. If the indicators were to flash inside the car.

Long flash. Map 0
1 faster flash. Map 1
2 faster flashed. Map 2
Etc etc

That way its obvious. As atm if im on temperature at the time of map switching and the temp goes up or down it makes me assume its worked etc. Its confusing at best. I am a huge fan of your tunes and products and have been a avid buyer since the jb3. Since this update its the first time iv not liked how something worked.

Thanks.
(#865)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 10:25 AM

The basic problems with the trans flash are that you can't see it while driving and it doesn't work with manual trans vehicles. I suppose we could have it trigger both the trans light and the DTC change though.

I'll have to look at the timing of the map change and volume control. It's supposed to be hold down for 3-4 seconds then press up the number of maps you want. The entire process should take 5 seconds.

Burger Motorsports

(#866)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 10:28 AM

Not for me. Its hit and miss. The DTC light i cant miss. I pear down i see a big flash. And press up a few time. Pear back down 2 flashes and im done. This way just is too complicated. Id say both are a good option though.
(#867)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Teaser photo for the upcoming optional OBDII CANbus connection. No more POSI-TAPs needed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#868)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 11:10 AM

That looks awsome^^^
(#869)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 11:12 AM

With the OBDII CAN connection comes an entirely new map switch algorithm too. Still waiting for sample OBDII cables to show up but I'll post some photos when we have them.

Burger Motorsports

(#870)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335i
Hi Terry. Just a bit of active criticism. The new in dash map switch is terrible. Very temperamental. And off putting whilst driving. The noticeable flash from the DTC shifter worked finr for me.

I know its for those that bought a manual. But is there anyway of having one firmware update for DTC with the shifter switch and one update for manual with the in dash till you come up with something else. As i want all of the new logging etc but cant deal with the map switching.

Thanks.
I felt the same way, this is why I went back to the v3.10 but now that the 3.12 is out I wanted to update. For me when I did the 3.11 I would try to change maps but my instrument cluster would not go in increments where I can tell what map I am on now. Say it's at the time, it would just jump to temperature. And I'm not sure how many clicks up that is by looking at that. With the shifter, I can see that I am definitely on map 2 by seeing the 2 blinks of the shifter. If that makes any sense.
(#871)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 11:31 AM

I assume it will feed from the JB4 and connect to the OBDII port using an OBDII connector?
(#872)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsam
I felt the same way, this is why I went back to the v3.10 but now that the 3.12 is out I wanted to update. For me when I did the 3.11 I would try to change maps but my instrument cluster would not go in increments where I can tell what map I am on now. Say it's at the time, it would just jump to temperature. And I'm not sure how many clicks up that is by looking at that. With the shifter, I can see that I am definitely on map 2 by seeing the 2 blinks of the shifter. If that makes any sense.
exactly. One of my many issues with it. But as Terry just mentioned. The upcoming OBDII connection may run something allot better. Although will be a shame to have to purchase yet another part to make it work as it should. But its all in the grand scheme i suppose. Lol.

unless you want someone in the UK to test the new OBDII connection?? (Crosses Fingers)
(#873)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335i
I assume it will feed from the JB4 and connect to the OBDII port using an OBDII connector?
Yes basically it's an extra cable that you plug in the OBDII and pokes through an existing hole in the wire wall. Then you use wire nuts or butt connectors to connect it to the existing CANbus wires on the JB4 harness instead of having them routed to the PTCAN via POSI-TAPs. Finally you load different JB4 firmware to enable it all.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#874)
Old

Default 04-09-2015, 12:06 PM

I'll be buying that for sure. Looks a lot better
(#875)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 12:09 PM

It's mostly great, although maximum data speed drops. So I'm not sure if this will be usable for maps 6+. Still evaluating that. For the additive maps 0-5 works great though. We installed the JB4 on Ando's M4 this way and will dyno test soon.

Burger Motorsports