N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive
Default Map Review - 11-02-2020, 09:23 AM

Please review attached maps on a '16 340i xDrive. I have about a 50/50 mix of 93 and 100 octane in the tank. The file is a combined three runs ... the first two in Map3 the last one Map 2. Trims are high on Map 3. Do you see any adjustments I should make?

Also ... in Map 3 I felt a slight hesitation on gear changes. In Map 2 they went away. Causes?

My 60' times need definite improving from 1.97. Any readers suggestions on best launch method? Tried launch control but actually have better results without using.

Thanks guys!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R3_201101_1414.csv (54.6 KB, 12 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2020, 09:15 AM

EWG connector on this or not? Log itself looks OK but adding in EWG would be useful I think!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-03-2020, 11:25 AM

Hi Terry! I do not have the EWG connector installed. If you think it'll help I'll proceed and install one.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2020, 02:28 PM

It's worth adding in

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 11-05-2020, 06:26 PM

Thanks Terry!

I decided to go ahead with the EWG connector and also go forward with the MHD back end flash map. After I install the EWG connector should I contact you on a starter flash map? Or just go ahead and load the RACE BEF and perform some logs?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Load up RACE to start and log!

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 11-15-2020, 03:51 PM

Hey Terry! Finished installing the EWG Connector and MHD BEF. Attached are two logs using RACE BEF ... one on map2 the other on map 3. These runs are using 93 octane fuel in the tank.

Honestly ... I really didn't notice much of any improvement in performance and my Dragy data shows no improvement either.

Interested in your thoughts on how they look.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_201115_154738.csv (18.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201115_155029.csv (18.5 KB, 6 views)
(#8)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 04:22 PM

Hi Terry! can you take a look at the attached logs and let me know your recommendations?

Thanks!
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-20-2020, 04:40 PM

Set duty bias to 50 across the board, PID gain to 20, and relog!

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default New Logs - 11-21-2020, 04:44 PM

Here are new logs with duty bias at 50 and PID gain at 20. One is at map 2 and another at map 3.

The car felt more responsive and stronger though the Dragy times were very similar as the last runs made.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_201121_162353.csv (12.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201121_161323.csv (17.3 KB, 5 views)
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2020, 05:23 PM

Logs look clean. Try a run on map4 next for comparison's sake.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM

Thanks Terry for your quick feedback!! I'll give map4 a go and let you know the results.
(#13)
Old

Default New Map4 log - Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Hey Terry! Attached is a new log trying Map4. This is still only using 93octane.

I've been comparing my Dragy results on 1/4-mile runs and this is a quick rundown:

11/26/19 - Pre-MHD, 93 octane, older firmware, Map2 - 12.31@110.93
11/01/20 - Pre-MHD, 50% 100octane, latest firmware, Map3 - 12.28@112.59
11/21/20 - MHD & EWG, 93octane, latest firmware, Map3 - 12.38@112.83
11/28/20 - MHD & EWG, 93octane, latest firmware, Map4 - 12.33@112.06

I was anticipating better results. Do you have any suggestions given the latest logs?

Thanks again!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M4_R1_201128_160501.csv (17.8 KB, 0 views)