N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3851)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 11-23-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)
I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3852)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 11-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)

Last edited by AWDGT2; 11-23-2020 at 03:25 PM..
(#3853)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-23-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.
Already on order. That, plus the 2580 chip, should help...or more troubleshooting will commence.
(#3854)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 11-23-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.
I presume you mean the EWG harness? I adjusted the settings according the instructions in the EWG harness thread.
(#3855)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
The default EWG settings allow the EWG cables to do their job, no customized settings are needed or in most cases even suggested.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3856)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger
Default 11-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Can someone help with the fuel wire ADAPTER for the 2.0 stinger? Is the signal wire to puncture the RED, OR the black wire on position 2?
http://imgur.com/a/ncQ1eJc

this is a screenshot of what i'm talking about.
(#3857)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2020, 10:57 AM

Black wire on spot2 for the 2L. Red wire for 3.3L and 1.6L.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.