N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2020, 04:22 PM

Basic OBDII operation on that front, read/delete fault codes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 11-11-2020, 09:04 AM

Anyone see a CEL code C129 before? Not having much luck searching for it. Thanks.
(#403)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2020, 11:38 AM

Maybe a reading bug? Try with an external reader too to make sure you have the right code.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#404)
Old

Car: Maserati
Default 11-14-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C777
Anyone see a CEL code C129 before? Not having much luck searching for it. Thanks.
Iíve also been getting this code as of late (since my JB4 install)
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russomanno
Iíve also been getting this code as of late (since my JB4 install)
Tried reading with another OBDII code reader to confirm what the fault is?

Burger Motorsports

(#406)
Old

Car: 14' Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Default 11-15-2020, 05:38 PM

Terry,
If you could find a way to reset maintenance required light with the JB4. You'd be a gift from God. hah!

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
(#407)
Old

Car: 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 11-15-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Tried reading with another OBDII code reader to confirm what the fault is?
The fault is a communication error with the brake system. Internet info stated itís usually non critical. So I reset the code and it hasnít returned. It also said could be a fuse as well. I used the OBDSTAR X200. Very nice unit.
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX.R32
Terry,
If you could find a way to reset maintenance required light with the JB4. You'd be a gift from God. hah!
If we had a car here and a scan tool that could reset it I'm sure we could mirror the commands.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Car: Sq4 2014 ghibli
Default 11-19-2020, 04:56 PM

So yesterday I had a misfire, I pulled over to use the JB4 app and no codes were found. I unplugged the obd2 port to use my other scan tool to retrieve the code, I did this while the car was running and the dashboard lite up like a Christmas tree (when I turned the car off all the lights went away and did not come back). When I plugged the obd2 port back in all the engine gauges work but when I tried to scan for the codes in the app it says "invalid request try again". I restarted my phone, reopened the app, turned my car off and on and in accessory mode, checked all connections, and still nothing.
I decided to take it completely off the car. I don't know what the issue is, any ideas??
(#410)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2020, 01:07 PM

If you unplug the OBDII with the JB4 running it may reset triggering faults to the sensors it's attached to. They are easily cleared once OBDII is replaced.

The ECU has to power down to restart everything. Lock doors wait a few min.

Burger Motorsports

(#411)
Old

Car: Sq4 2014 ghibli
Default 11-22-2020, 03:20 PM

Any plans on coming out with a Jb Plus for this car? Or is there a Universal one ?
(#412)
Old

Car: Maserati ghibli sq4, Masersti Quattroporte gts
Default 11-23-2020, 06:51 PM

I hit 0-100mph flat under 10sec on repeated runs,
Map 7, K&n filters, 3 gal e85 , 1 bottle of octanieum unleaded rest 91 full tank.
Spark plugs gapped to .017, never hit redline,
Posting a YouTube link,

500 hp Maserati ghibli sq4 0-100 (10sec ) - YouTube

Jb4 is a great product . No problems.
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMAS14
Any plans on coming out with a Jb Plus for this car? Or is there a Universal one ?
I just don't think the demand is there to develop it considering how well the car responds to the JB4 and how generally easy it is to install. But if there is a market we could work on one.

Burger Motorsports