N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-20-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguy88
Can map 4/5 be ran with an upgraded intercooler/heat exchanger on just 93 octane in an RS5?
If its one that works decently map 4 should be good. Decent means it maintains IAT through the run. Best bet would be to log it and send the logs through to me at george@burgertuning.com

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#877)
Old

Car: Audi B9 S5
Default RPM 3500 help and more - 10-22-2020, 08:48 AM

Friday night, using map3 I was driving down the highway and started to feel what only I can describe as the engine missing. So I put the JB4 back to map 1 and drove home

On Saturday, since the new Bluetooth master chip is working and I can see what state I am in. I decided to plug in all four of the connectors. Thinking that since I don’t have the file pressure connected maybe that caused an issue the night before
When I hook up the boost management and the file pressure sensor, the rpm's get changed to 3500 and the check engine light turns on. Well, it happened again. This time however the mobile app was working so I took some pics and logs

I checked for error codes and ah ha!
Got some

I cleared the error codes and disconnected the BCM and Fuel pressure sensor

This morning on my way to work, I was not experiencing the same missing sensation so i dropped to 3rd gear floored it through 4th
I did this twice
a few moments later I also thought I may be experiencing the missing sensation\

Any help would be appreciated. I do know that at least one of the errors below are for fule pressure sensor so the question is, is it my car or the JB4.
Sonce i have already had to replace one of the chips on the JB4 fresh out of the box, i am leaning towards it being the JB4 and I am on the verge of returning it.

Frustrated but Noob so being patient and willing to learn.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P76_M0_R1_201017_1023.csv (52.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv P76_M3_R10_201019_0744.csv (176.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by bal33p; 10-22-2020 at 11:09 AM..
(#878)
Old
Legend

Default 10-22-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal33p
Friday night, using map3 I was driving down the highway and started to feel what only I can describe as the engine missing. So I put the JB4 back to map 1 and drove home

On Saturday, since the new Bluetooth master chip is working and I can see what state I am in. I decided to plug in all four of the connectors. Thinking that since I donít have the file pressure connected maybe that caused an issue the night before
When I hook up the boost management and the file pressure sensor, the rpm's get changed to 3500 and the check engine light turns on. Well, it happened again. This time however the mobile app was working so I took some pics and logs

I checked for error codes and ah ha!
Got some

I cleared the error codes and disconnected the BCM and Fuel pressure sensor

This morning on my way to work, I was not experiencing the same missing sensation so i dropped to 3rd gear floored it through 4th
I did this twice
a few moments later I also thought I may be experiencing the missing sensation\

Any help would be appreciated. I do know that at least one of the errors below are for fule pressure sensor so the question is, is it my car or the JB4.
Sonce i have already had to replace one of the chips on the JB4 fresh out of the box, i am leaning towards it being the JB4 and I am on the verge of returning it.

Frustrated but Noob so being patient and willing to learn.
Looks like its something on our end. I responded to your email so lets rather work via that.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#879)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 11-03-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
No need to gap the plugs. On 91 we recommend map 3 and 93 map 4 on the Cayenne. WE havent had a Cayenne on the dyno but the Macan S has the same motor.
Can I add e85 on e3 cayennes, or so I need some additional like flex fuel

What is the attest firmware for cayennes? Can I update through the iOS app?
(#880)
Old
Legend

Default 11-03-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t
Can I add e85 on e3 cayennes, or so I need some additional like flex fuel

What is the attest firmware for cayennes? Can I update through the iOS app?
On the Cayenne you can go up to 9 gal and the rest what you normally fill up with. Go to user adjustments and make Fuel open loop value 100. You can run the mix in any of the ready maps. On Cayenne all the logs I have seen in map 5 are good with that mix.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#881)
Old

Default 11-04-2020, 03:20 AM

Quote:
On the Cayenne you can go up to 9 gal and the rest what you normally fill up with. Go to user adjustments and make Fuel open loop value 100. You can run the mix in any of the ready maps. On Cayenne all the logs I have seen in map 5 are good with that mix.
I got the jb4 installed and holy ****, map 3 completely changes the characteristics of the car. I'm in love again.

There's one problem though. The iOS app doesn't detect any data. Only map and boost PSI works (i guess thats the most important anyways). Any fixes?
(#882)
Old
Legend

Default 11-04-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I got the jb4 installed and holy ****, map 3 completely changes the characteristics of the car. I'm in love again.

There's one problem though. The iOS app doesn't detect any data. Only map and boost PSI works (i guess thats the most important anyways). Any fixes?
Need to check and see the OBD wire on the small end is orientated correctly. Car might need to be locked for a while so everything can power down. Below a picture guide for the OBD. For further assistance better to email me at george@burgertuning.com

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#883)
Old

Default 11-04-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Need to check and see the OBD wire on the small end is orientated correctly. Car might need to be locked for a while so everything can power down. Below a picture guide for the OBD. For further assistance better to email me at george@burgertuning.com

Ah thatís what I forgot. I canít seem to figure out how to take the plastic trim off towards the window? Also the obd trim wonít budge either after removing two screws
(#884)
Old
Legend

Default 11-05-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Ah thatís what I forgot. I canít seem to figure out how to take the plastic trim off towards the window? Also the obd trim wonít budge either after removing two screws
You mean in engine? I removed the rubber strip and lifted the plastic and it came up.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#885)
Old

Default 11-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
You mean in engine? I removed the rubber strip and lifted the plastic and it came up.
Yes the one below the wipers. I removed the rubber strip but it still doesnt pull up. feels like theres a screw somewhere. Also, what about obd2 trim? I took the 2 screws off, but the left side wont pop off.
(#886)
Old
Legend

Default 11-05-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Yes the one below the wipers. I removed the rubber strip but it still doesnt pull up. feels like theres a screw somewhere. Also, what about obd2 trim? I took the 2 screws off, but the left side wont pop off.
I dont have trim on the surrounds.
I will remove the windshield section and check if there is something it can hold on. Pls email me so I can forward pictures. george@burgertuning.com

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#887)
Old

Default 11-06-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I dont have trim on the surrounds.
I will remove the windshield section and check if there is something it can hold on. Pls email me so I can forward pictures. george@burgertuning.com
I've pm'd and emailed you
(#888)
Old

Default 11-06-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I've pm'd and emailed you
Please check my map 3 logs. Seems like I cant record multiple pulls as it's combining csv's.
Power seem to have smoothed out noticeable once jb4 was adapted.* I actually preferred the non leaner aggressiveness. Wonder if this is something I can get back through the settings.

Do you happen to know what stock boost is? JB4 on my f80 never added boost on top of ECU PSI, so curious if its the same here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P76_M3_R4_201106_1958.csv (32.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by kerm1t; 11-06-2020 at 09:53 PM..
(#889)
Old

Default 11-14-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
-
Quote:
-
I'm assuming im the first person doing logs on the E3 Cayennes. Currently running map 5 with 9gal of e85 (as george recommended) with 100 FOL.

Please check logs for me to see if everything's ok.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P76_M5_R1_201114_113523.csv (3.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv P76_M5_R1_201114_113555.csv (3.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv P76_M5_R1_201114_114525.csv (3.2 KB, 2 views)
(#890)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-16-2020, 12:59 PM

Hey Guys,

I am on my second JB4. I also have an N54 with Trebila Bef at about 550HP.

I recently got an A7 C8/4K 55 tfsi and have opted for a Jb4.

after talking to George who has been very helpful, I have bought locally a rev 1 as I am in Romania.

I did not have the patience to wait and to pay import duties so I got it locally.

George has said they do not offer support for custom setups on used items so I feel I should ask around here more than nagging George )

That is fine as buying a new one with import and shipping would have cost 75% of a MTM tune of 425Hp...

I am just trying to find whatever I can on the install and configuration so I have some questions.

1) Does anyone have an A7 c8 or maybe A6 picture of the firewall part where I have to pass through the OBD? S4 seems much easier. mine has a lid and I get the lid up from the engine compartiment but cannot fit my hand to reach the rubber grommet, and I am sure I will not be able to pass the wire from the engine to the inside...

2) my rev 1 does not have the BCM module included. I will only use ron 93 gas (european 99-100) as I do not have Ethanol around, nor WMI.

I want to use map 4 and gt 5 6 extra PSI.

3) Without BCM do i still need to input the settings in the windows with Autshift boost redux and PID gain etc?

4) Do I still have the Autoshift Boost redux on despite not having BCM? as that seems a useful function on my DSG gearbox.

Thanks
(#891)
Old
Legend

Default 11-16-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreptroman
Hey Guys,

I am on my second JB4. I also have an N54 with Trebila Bef at about 550HP.

I recently got an A7 C8/4K 55 tfsi and have opted for a Jb4.

after talking to George who has been very helpful, I have bought locally a rev 1 as I am in Romania.

I did not have the patience to wait and to pay import duties so I got it locally.

George has said they do not offer support for custom setups on used items so I feel I should ask around here more than nagging George )

That is fine as buying a new one with import and shipping would have cost 75% of a MTM tune of 425Hp...

I am just trying to find whatever I can on the install and configuration so I have some questions.

1) Does anyone have an A7 c8 or maybe A6 picture of the firewall part where I have to pass through the OBD? S4 seems much easier. mine has a lid and I get the lid up from the engine compartiment but cannot fit my hand to reach the rubber grommet, and I am sure I will not be able to pass the wire from the engine to the inside...

2) my rev 1 does not have the BCM module included. I will only use ron 93 gas (european 99-100) as I do not have Ethanol around, nor WMI.

I want to use map 4 and gt 5 6 extra PSI.

3) Without BCM do i still need to input the settings in the windows with Autshift boost redux and PID gain etc?

4) Do I still have the Autoshift Boost redux on despite not having BCM? as that seems a useful function on my DSG gearbox.

Thanks
Without BCM auto boost redux still works. You dont need the BCM settings though.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#892)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-21-2020, 11:10 AM

Well I have installed today, but want able to have to many pulls done with the car.

1. What would the latest FW be? the one available to download is something called JB4_AUDI_SENT_B9_S4_7_T1.hex or T2 (beta) but that is different from the names in the first page of this thread...

2. I tried logging map 0 and map 3 and the Boost doesnt seem to change that much. maybe 1 2 psi in the log.

I will attach some logs. I did plug in all 3 sensors and OBD and the phone is reading everything fine....

Am I getting everything right?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P76_M0_R1_201121_184556.csv (4.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv P76_M0_R1_201121_184422.csv (4.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv P76_M3_R1_201121_184619.csv (5.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv P76_M3_R1_201121_184637.csv (5.5 KB, 4 views)
(#893)
Old
Legend

Default 11-21-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreptroman
Well I have installed today, but want able to have to many pulls done with the car.

1. What would the latest FW be? the one available to download is something called JB4_AUDI_SENT_B9_S4_7_T1.hex or T2 (beta) but that is different from the names in the first page of this thread...

2. I tried logging map 0 and map 3 and the Boost doesnt seem to change that much. maybe 1 2 psi in the log.

I will attach some logs. I did plug in all 3 sensors and OBD and the phone is reading everything fine....

Am I getting everything right?
The T2 beta has a change on it for the meth map so no need to update. T1 is what is loaded currently.
Boost is low due to the extremely low temperatures. The ECU targets torque and not boost and uses IAT as one of the main factors in calculating torque.
In map 3 it can build more boost and there is some adjustments we can make.
Next step though set it to map 4 and run some logs in 3rd and 4th if safe to do so and email them through to george@burgertuning.com and we can work on it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#894)
Old

Car: 2020 Audi SQ5
Default 11-24-2020, 02:54 PM

My Jb4 is getting delivered tomorrow and Iím looking forward to installing it. The engine bay pictures in the directions donít look exactly like the actual engine bay in my b9 SQ5. Can someone help me with which sensors I need to unplug and connect to the jb4? Hopefully I do it right the first time. A picture is attached for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated!
Attached Images