N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default O2 codes and running lean - 09-27-2021, 09:20 PM

I have some codes that I cant seem to figure out the cause of.

2C2B-DME: Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter: system check
2C2C-DME: Oxygen sensor 2 before catalytic converter: system check
2C32-DME: Lambda control 2
2C31-DME: Oxygen sensor control

All i have for mods is a JB4 on map1 and an intercooler. I've replaced the o2 sensors, just put new index 12 injectors, it needed a new fuel pump, I've replaced the high presure fuel pump 1k miles ago, and it has newer plugs and coils.

The afr seems really lean to me at wot (hangs at 15.1 on both banks) and the JB4 keeps kicking on to the safety map. Been trying to chase this down for 2 months now as I need to get emissions done on the car soon. A really bad misfire just came up on cylinder 6, so I won't be able to get a log done tonight. Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be causing these?
(#2)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 09-28-2021, 11:40 AM

Please switch to map 4 and upload a log. Thanks!
(#3)
Old

Default 09-28-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon@BMS/Fuel-It
Please switch to map 4 and upload a log. Thanks!
Won't be able to get one posted until tonight.
What kind of data would you need? I use the JB4 mobile app for logs and stuff.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-28-2021, 01:53 PM

For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd to 4th gear from 2k rpms to redline at wide open throttle. Thanks!
(#5)
Old

Default 09-30-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd to 4th gear from 2k rpms to redline at wide open throttle. Thanks!
Had some stuff come up so I wasn't able to do this sooner.

a_log.csv
(#6)
Old

Default 10-01-2021, 08:34 AM

Can you please send a picture of your JB4 board? Also, set user adjustment settings back to default values. Set your 6 cylinder timing to 5. Make sure to set your 3rd gear max boost back to 0 instead of 4. Once those changes have been made, go ahead and set another log in 3rd or 4th gear from 2k to redline at wide open throttle with traction control off. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 10-01-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Can you please send a picture of your JB4 board? Also, set user adjustment settings back to default values. Set your 6 cylinder timing to 5. Make sure to set your 3rd gear max boost back to 0 instead of 4. Once those changes have been made, go ahead and set another log in 3rd or 4th gear from 2k to redline at wide open throttle with traction control off. Thanks!
a_log_2.csv

It won't let me upload the image, but there was a lot of corrosion on the board around the capacitors.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwifter
Attachment 104121

It won't let me upload the image, but there was a lot of corrosion on the board around the capacitors.
I took the jb4 off to look at the board. Well driving it around the codes haven't come back and my car feels like it's running better. Maybe the jb4 was just ruined?
(#9)
Old

Default 10-04-2021, 09:31 AM

Looks like you were running a pretty old board, so if there is corrosion as well, I'd definitely suggest replacing the board.

https://burgertuning.com/collections...=2580727595032

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 10-04-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Looks like you were running a pretty old board, so if there is corrosion as well, I'd definitely suggest replacing the board.

https://burgertuning.com/collections...=2580727595032
Been running the car all weekend without the jb4. Not a single issue has come up. I'll look into replacing the board. Thanks