N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 09-24-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthbrooks20
Huh, well that doesn't make me feel too good lol.
I'm wondering if you have the right firmware. Ignore my value of 1 in the meth trigger setting. Put zero for you
Attached Images

(#552)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthbrooks20
I just want to make extra sure before I go changing anything, I should be putting 25 in each of the lines on the fuel bias column? Everything is blank on mine right now.
Values only show if you connect to the JB4 for the app to read them....

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#553)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback PP
Default 09-24-2021, 01:50 PM

Yeah I have a confession to make:

I'm a dumb person.

As Terry pointed out it helps if you connect to the JB4 in the app first.

(#554)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 09-24-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_marco
anyone have any pics of their install?
mine just feels like a mess.
i'm new to this so please let me know if there are any issues here also lol

Dude get some zip ties and route the wiring so it follows existing harness. Pull up the plastic heat shield, you will see existing wire loom... I zipped tied my jb4 to the airbox mounts cause i did not like how it sits crammed between the batt box. Most importantly do not leave excess wire flapping around in the engine bay bad things happen if you do that.
(#555)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 09-24-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Dude get some zip ties and route the wiring so it follows existing harness. Pull up the plastic heat shield, you will see existing wire loom... I zipped tied my jb4 to the airbox mounts cause i did not like how it sits crammed between the batt box. Most importantly do not leave excess wire flapping around in the engine bay bad things happen if you do that.
Not sure if these pics will load, this forum is not the most mobile friendly
(#556)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 09-26-2021, 10:41 PM

My jb4 bluetooth seems to have a problem. Difficulty getting detected by the phone. Sometimes it can be detected and as soon as you connect the app it will ask you to update the kit. You update the kit and it will seems like its reading then it drops its bluetooth connection. You check the phones bluetooth connection and the JB4 once again cannot be detected. You have to wait until it can be detected again. I have openned the casing and checked and re-tightened the bluetooth dongle connections.

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW

Last edited by SixPackABS; 09-27-2021 at 12:02 AM..
(#557)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
Default 09-27-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
thanks! cleaned it up some.
(#558)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
My jb4 bluetooth seems to have a problem. Difficulty getting detected by the phone. Sometimes it can be detected and as soon as you connect the app it will ask you to update the kit. You update the kit and it will seems like its reading then it drops its bluetooth connection. You check the phones bluetooth connection and the JB4 once again cannot be detected. You have to wait until it can be detected again. I have openned the casing and checked and re-tightened the bluetooth dongle connections.
I had this same issue and emailed support.
Downloading the beta version of the app fixed it

*Android*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o91.jb4_mobile

*iOS*
Join the JB4 Mobile beta - TestFlight - Apple
(#559)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_marco
I had this same issue and emailed support.
Downloading the beta version of the app fixed it

*Android*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o91.jb4_mobile

*iOS*
Join the JB4 Mobile beta - TestFlight - Apple
That's the app I am using with the connection issue.

M3TH user
(#560)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 05:19 AM

are you sure you're using the BETA version?

if you are, i would try reaching out to support@jb4connectkit.com
(#561)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 05:23 AM

That's the app you buy at the google playstore right? That's where I got it.

M3TH user
(#562)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 05:35 AM

yes, but you have to sign up for the beta version.
IIRC, if you scroll down, there is a button to join the beta program or something.

(#563)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 05:55 AM

@hello_Marco
Joining the Beta right now and it is in progress just waiting. Just to emphasize on the issue the JB4 dongle/bluetooth most of the time this cannot be detected by the phone when you SCAN for bluetooth devices. So seems like not just an app issue.

M3TH user
(#564)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 06:00 AM

So based on your OP on the issue, you were able to connect and got a prompt to update. When you tried to update it, the kit goes into DFU mode but then the update fails somewhere there. That's why the BT connection gets messed up.
(#565)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 06:53 AM

@hello_Marco
Thanks for the help. The JB4 Beta app solved the issue. As soon detected the dongle right away and connected smoothly. Updated the hex thingy as well. I wanted to test it today but I am on quarantine, lol

M3TH user
(#566)
Old

Default 09-27-2021, 10:26 AM

Boy this thing is legit and it's not even on sports mode. Short interstate drive.

M3TH user
(#567)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
Boy this thing is legit and it's not even on sports mode. Short interstate drive.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#568)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 09-29-2021, 08:27 AM

Hi... i just discovered that there is 10lbft torque difference between the mazda 6 2021+ models than the older models, for anyone who know is there a difference in the engine itself or is just tuning difference? And is just the mazda 6 or is the cx models have the same thing?
(#569)
Old

Car: Mazda6
Smile 09-29-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
Hi... i just discovered that there is 10lbft torque difference between the mazda 6 2021+ models than the older models, for anyone who know is there a difference in the engine itself or is just tuning difference? And is just the mazda 6 or is the cx models have the same thing?
The only difference I have heard was the intercooler. I think they switched it from air to water instead of air to air I guess that allowed them to make a bit more boost in return. I don't really like how they made this update for the 2021 models cause I have 2018. But when I test drove the engine it was a bit more refined I wouldn't say much quicker.

Hope this helps I'm sure John would be able to answer this with more information cause he definitely knows a lot more than me.
(#570)
Old

Car: 335xi sedan 6AT
Default 09-29-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
Iím going to say itís tuning on the CX-5ís as they received the same bump and didnít see any intercooler changes.
(#571)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 09-29-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrout7992
Iím going to say itís tuning on the CX-5ís as they received the same bump and didnít see any intercooler changes.
Yeah i think the same applies to the mazda 6, I saw my friend's 21 mazda 6, there isn't any change in the engine bay and the intercooler is the exact same, but somehow +10tq so it must be tuning and/or some really minor changes.
(#572)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-5 Akera Turbo
Default AUDM CX-5 2.5T - 09-29-2021, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hi Terry,

Long time user of JB4 on other platforms (MKB). Been following this thread slightly.

I'm based in Australia. I have a 2021 2.5T CX-5 and there is a factory soft limiter at around 5,000rpm.

Would this tune remove the soft limiter?

Also, do you need any help down under to run some beta testing
Our fuel quality is a bit different, and temps etc etc
(#573)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukzzz
Hi Terry,

Long time user of JB4 on other platforms (MKB). Been following this thread slightly.

I'm based in Australia. I have a 2021 2.5T CX-5 and there is a factory soft limiter at around 5,000rpm.

Would this tune remove the soft limiter?

Also, do you need any help down under to run some beta testing
Our fuel quality is a bit different, and temps etc etc
No we're not able to change the rpm or speed limiter with this implementation. But you'll make a lot more power.

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 09-30-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No we're not able to change the rpm or speed limiter with this implementation. But you'll make a lot more power.
Terry,

Any progress teasers for the forum to get excited about?

Thank you!
(#575)
Old

Default 09-30-2021, 05:15 PM

Too much fun driving the M3TH now. Has anybody else had a hardtime removing the MAP connector?

M3TH user