N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3101)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-19-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Hey Terry any update on the WMI kits? I would like full see some logs and dyno runs.
Ditto!
(#3102)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
HI Terry - are you guys still working on that pedal box for this application? I've been looking into it for another car and I think it might really help with awd launches for cars that don't have a throttle override/highjack.
Q50/Q60 Pedal Tuners are in stock and shipping.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3103)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Hey Terry any update on the WMI kits? I would like full see some logs and dyno runs.
Have been working with a few customers, but I think we'll need to pickup another Q50 development car soon. Ours is busy with inlet testing and other product development. Haven't been able to get WMI on it yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3104)
Old

Car: Q60
Default Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Terry ,Cant the JB4 tune the "throttle response" percentage?

When I had my UPRev tune on my G35 they tune the throttle response to 100%
(#3105)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:34 AM

The JB4 tunes the pedal to boost target profile, but not the pedal to torque request profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#3106)
Old

Car: Q50S
Default Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Couple questions

Has there been any engine or transmission problems associated with the additional power the JB1/4 provides? Daily driver very interested in a bit more power but dont want any adverse effects.. Pretty new engine from Nissan so just nervous about it.

Also why does the Red Sport make more power then the Normal silver sport once they both have boost cranked up to same levels?? Same engine basicly same turbos.. what gives?

Looking forward to learning a little more about this car.. Just bought a new one couple months ago!
(#3107)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRB
Couple questions

Has there been any engine or transmission problems associated with the additional power the JB1/4 provides? Daily driver very interested in a bit more power but dont want any adverse effects.. Pretty new engine from Nissan so just nervous about it.

Also why does the Red Sport make more power then the Normal silver sport once they both have boost cranked up to same levels?? Same engine basicly same turbos.. what gives?

Looking forward to learning a little more about this car.. Just bought a new one couple months ago!
I never had any issues with the JB4 in the one year I had it installed on my Q60 Red Sport, with boost levels approaching 17-18 psi. I have since graduated to an Ecutek tune by SpecialtyZ.

Some owners have reported problems with the engine, but it has been few and far between. One owner (kid) was cranking in too much boost request on the JB4. Some owners complain about the shifting of the transmission, but while this may have been a perceived problem in Auto mode, in Manual mode, up-shifting is fairly instant. The Ecutek tune has made the transmission shift much quicker in Auto mode.

Keep in mind that higher boost levels require more fuel, so the risk with Direct Injection & Boosted Engines is fuel dilution of the oil. Therefore, based on what I've seen in my UOAs from Blackstone Labs, if you are running JB1, JB4, or a tune (Ecutek, UpRev, etc.), I would keep to a 5k mile oil & filter change interval. FWIW, after 5k miles, my 5W30 oil had become a 5W20 due to 2% fuel dilution. I'm also running an FI exhaust.

The Red Sport turbos have an optical sensor that that Silver Sports don't. The optical sensor provides feedback to the ECU on how fast the turbo is spinning, which translates to a higher boost level. The Red Sport also has a second coolant pump to manage the Intercooler Fluid Temp, which will translate to lower Charge Air Temps when performing repeated runs (less prolonged heat soak).

2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 Iridium Blue w/Monaco Red / FI Full (Catted) D P s & CBE/ 2-piece LW Brake Rotors / Z1 Motorsports SS Brake Lines / Ecutek Stage 2 tune / Infiniti (AMS) HE / Infiniti (AMS) Intake
(#3108)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRB
Couple questions

Overall platform has been solid. They make roughly the same power tuned. The red sport runs more boost less timing, while the silver sport more timing and less boost, to get to the similar power levels, when tuned with the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#3109)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Hey Terry ,

Are there any spark plugs that would help increase performance on our platform? I was scrolling thru the Kia GT forum...
(#3110)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Today, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Have any feedback using this on a Q50? Installation Instructions? Any conflict with an ECUTEK tuned car?

17' Q50 RS
(#3111)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStern85
Hey Terry ,

Are there any spark plugs that would help increase performance on our platform? I was scrolling thru the Kia GT forum...
We still have the factory plugs in our Q50, haven't had the need to replace them yet. But looking in to it is on my to-do list.

Burger Motorsports

(#3112)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
Have any feedback using this on a Q50? Installation Instructions? Any conflict with an ECUTEK tuned car?
It's compatible with JB4, EcuTek, etc. Directions are similar to BMW video on our site. Pull off pedal, plug in, calibrate using button sequence in video, and enjoy! Maybe 15 min first time? 5 min second.

Burger Motorsports