Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 06-28-2018, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
F series instructions:

1- Remove FSB, only use PI controller
2- Yes, correct.
3- It should be Pin #3, you can just pull it out or cut wire/leave it.
4- PI white wire will go to Pin #16
5- Yes, correct.
6- Purple signal wire needs to be extended to OBD Molex.
Thanks Payam,

Just need to be very sure on item 6. How to pin into the obd Molex & into which slot?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#102)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Thanks Payam,

Just need to be very sure on item 6. How to pin into the obd Molex & into which slot?
Correction, yes the previous Pin 3 removed, Pin 16 & Purple wire are all still the same as previous.

But after logging I noticed Meth not spraying, can I try to use JB4ís orange wire to trigger the Relay instead of using PI Controllerís Yellow wire?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#103)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Correction, yes the previous Pin 3 removed, Pin 16 & Purple wire are all still the same as previous.

But after logging I noticed Meth not spraying, can I try to use JB4ís orange wire to trigger the Relay instead of using PI Controllerís Yellow wire?
The FSB should be removed all together, shouldn't be in the equation.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM

Put the blue wire in its place , set meth scaling 60 , FSB should be in equation to take advantage of safety systems and monitoring the meth flow. White cable for PI and blue cable for meth don't control anything, they only monitor, that is why you can only run one or the other.As soon as we see that PI is working as it should, then you can disconnect the white wire and return to the blue wire to monitor meth.

Make sure for monitoring PI, meth scaling is set to 100, to monitor meth when the blue wire is installed, set meth scaling to 60. Keep up with the blue wire then set your meth psi to 4, meth safety to 3, meth trigger to 0, and all your fuel biases to 50 and post a log.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, Zage Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !

Last edited by cebrailbakan; 06-28-2018 at 10:22 AM..
(#105)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The FSB should be removed all together, shouldn't be in the equation.
Yes, FSB was removed but is not working

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#106)
Old

Default 06-29-2018, 08:29 AM

Had confirmed with Terry, not all PI controller will have those Thick Yellow or Orange wires at least mine donít.

I have 2 Meth pumps, 1st pump goes to the PI Meth, 2nd pump went to the CP. Now by adding a Relay (JB4-FSB-Relay-Pump), they worked well for my setup (S55).

S55 F82 M4

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#107)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 09:17 AM

Which relay ? Where can we buy and how can we add to that setup without zero issues ? Could anyone please expand this we are so tired anymore !

Full Bolt Ons, Forged Internals, Meth PI, JB4 PI contoller, Zage Turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3 trans Flash.

Do more with less !
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2018, 09:19 AM

A universal 30 amp automotive relay is normally used.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#109)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 09:28 AM

So , is it not risky if it triggers all the time ?

Do more with less !
(#110)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-16-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
So , is it not risky if it triggers all the time ?
It should only be triggered at a certain psi via hobbs.

Burger Motorsports

(#111)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 03:41 PM

By saying hobbs do you refer to the one in the picture ?
Attached Images

Do more with less !
(#112)
Old

Default 07-18-2018, 01:47 PM

Are those who are running 7th injector in the charge pipe need an additional meth pump , assuming per injectors need 40 psi to run and the meth pump capacity’s is just only 200 psi ?

Do more with less !
(#113)
Old

Default 07-19-2018, 03:34 PM

do we need a single bigger pump or can I use 2 x 200psi pumps (one for the Port and one for the nozzle)?

If we do, am I going to have to upgrade the fuse?

Do more with less !
(#114)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-20-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
do we need a single bigger pump or can I use 2 x 200psi pumps (one for the Port and one for the nozzle)?

If we do, am I going to have to upgrade the fuse?
1 pump should flow enough.

Burger Motorsports

(#115)
Old

Default 07-20-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
1 pump should flow enough.
Incorrect. I tested it. The pressure for both is quite heavy. IAT dives up only for second then raises badly. FYI payam.

Do more with less !
(#116)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Incorrect. I tested it. The pressure for both is quite heavy. IAT dives up only for second then raises badly. FYI payam.
Did you do the math? You can up the pressure to the pump. Each pump should be about 1.3 GPM

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 07-21-2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Did you do the math? You can up the pressure to the pump. Each pump should be about 1.3 GPM
correct me if im wrong.

1.3GPM @0Psi.
0.10Gpm @200psi ??
(#118)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 08-08-2018, 09:29 AM

My install is done. To activate the system I set fuel bias/enrichment values as needed and meth scaling to 99. And it just works? What maps will it be active? If i need to disable for any reason do i need to reset fuel bias to 0 or meth scaling to 0?

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC LITES - JB4 - Custom BEF - BMS METH - PROMETH PI
(#119)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Log it and evaluate on a conservative map like map2 to start.

The Fuel bias is what determines the PI flow so setting them all to 0 would disable it.

Burger Motorsports

(#120)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-08-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
correct me if im wrong.

1.3GPM @0Psi.
0.10Gpm @200psi ??
Cap is @200psi which should never be set at. Usually 150 psi .6GPM from our data sheet

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 07:32 PM

Looks pretty good so far for a preliminary map2 pull. Pump bef
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-08 19_11_32.csv (13.4 KB, 32 views)

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC LITES - JB4 - Custom BEF - BMS METH - PROMETH PI
(#122)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-08-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppidsay
Looks pretty good so far for a preliminary map2 pull. Pump bef
I agree it does look good!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 11:03 PM

Just realized I'm not getting a signal on the meth pid... Hmm I'm not using a fsb and not seeing much of a dive in fuel trims. Maybe it's not so good?

(#124)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppidsay
Just realized I'm not getting a signal on the meth pid... Hmm I'm not using a fsb and not seeing much of a dive in fuel trims. Maybe it's not so good?
No, you want to look at fuel enrichment. There is a signal so you know it's working.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old

Default 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Ok I must have miss read then. I was under the understanding that fuel enrichment was the signal from the jb4 to the pi controller and then the pi controller would send a signal back to the jb4 via the meth pid that it was activating. Hence the reason to set meth scaler to 99