N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Accord 1.5
Default Starting Issue 1.5T - 05-22-2019, 08:07 PM

Hello everyone,

Just recently acquired my JB4 and have been running Map 1 until today that I had a day off and was able to change maps. I went into Map 2 and as soon as my car sat turned off for more than 30 minutes it would struggle to start and would not turn over.

I would have to press the start button 3 times to finally get my car going.

After, I went over to map 4 and pumped 4 gal of E85 and the rest of 91. Performance is AWESOME. I just have the issue of the car not wanting to start.

Has anyone else had this issue? Solutions??
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2019, 08:56 AM

Strange, don't see how it might be related. Any codes? Maybe a fuel pump issue?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Strange, don't see how it might be related. Any codes? Maybe a fuel pump issue?
Got ahold of Ando, he advised me to 0 out everything in the WMI tab. Not sure how but when switching maps from 1 to 2 then to 4 it changed everything in WMI.

I zeroed everything, saved the settings. As of now my vehicle started on the first try.
This morning before fixing the WMI tab I received 4 errors on my dashboard. They are gone now and back to 100%.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2019, 11:23 AM

I don't think it's related... Don't be surprised if issue comes back up. WMI settings only have effect on cars equipped with WMI.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 11:29 AM

You are right, once I cleared the codes the error codes came back up but the car did turn on with no issues.

I cleared the codes and restarted the vehicle, all error codes were gone. Drove 3 miles and I am currently letting the car sit. The car did feel different when I put the WMI tab to 0.

I am worried now what can be the real issue. I checked all connections and everything is ok and properly connected.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2019, 02:30 PM

Easy to remove JB4 all together to see if it's even tuning related. Maybe a loose connection in harness? But I'd expect a fault code then.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 04:29 PM

I disconnected and connected all the wiring to make sure it was all connected properly.
Still get the error codes.

I am just afraid of removing the JB4 since I have 30% E85 in the gas tank.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 04:53 PM

So I do get 2 codes when connecting the my computer.

I get
0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
And
0237 - P0237 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Low

I did check the connections on the JB4 but they are plugged in correctly.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2019, 05:21 PM

Do you have the issue if OBDII is unplugged all together?

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 05-23-2019, 05:45 PM

I actually havenít tried that, let me give that a go and I will report back.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-24-2019, 12:11 PM

Alright so attempted without the OBD2 connection and itís the same thing. Just with it disconnected the app can not read the codes.

I already disconnected the battery and checked every single connection. I even removed the two sensors we tap into in order to make sure the 3 prongs inside are not bent.
Connected everything back up and finally the battery.
I still kept getting the same two errors. The JB4is working because the power is definitely there.

Also, I downloaded V5 software and reinstalled it on the JB4. Ran through the prompts but the errors are still there.

The only thing holding me back from removing the JB4 is the 30% E85 mixture in the tank.

Granted I do live 10 minutes away from your Simi Valley location but I donít have any availability to stop by anytime soon.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2019, 02:07 PM

Takes 30 seconds to just put the other 2 JB4 connections to stock to rule out something on the car itself. And you can send in or drop off the JB4 if you want us to check it out here.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 05-25-2019, 05:25 PM

Alright I disconnected the JB4 today. Immediately the codes and error messages went away. Drove the car to the supermarket with no issues.