N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 RS400
Default Type r stumble logs - 09-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Get a slight stumble around 4k. Running “quality” shell 93 oct. the map 1 log did not stumble but it has and the map 2 did. first time uploading hope I dont screw it up.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P92_M2_R1_200916_183844.csv (8.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P92_M1_R1_200915_1931.csv (11.4 KB, 20 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2020, 04:35 PM

It might be from fuel pressure dropping. On our to-do list is to get the fuel control wire active for the typeR so we can lean it out. If any customers are handy with a volt meter and feeling adventurous email me so we can work on it remotely.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 04:50 PM

Im not your guy on that one.

Other than that logs look ok?
(#4)
Old

Default 09-21-2020, 01:33 PM

Hey Terry somehow my map got switched to map 7. No clue how but I may have done a pull on it and it didn’t seem to pull more than 25 psi but now im super paranoid. Are there fail safes in place? I did not even connect my phone that day still have no idea how it got swapped. Now im paranoid about every little sound.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2020, 04:57 PM

All the usual safety systems will be in place including over boost, fuel pressure, lean run, etc, regardless of JB4 map selected.

Make sure you have the latest v2 firmware loaded though as v1 wasn't fully compatible with v3.7 JB4 mobile adapters.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-26-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
All the usual safety systems will be in place including over boost, fuel pressure, lean run, etc, regardless of JB4 map selected.

Make sure you have the latest v2 firmware loaded though as v1 wasn't fully compatible with v3.7 JB4 mobile adapters.

I was on the latest and I did a reinstall when map one started to stumble as well. Seems to fall completely on its face at 3600 for a split second then pulls nice. I also see a large boost drop off after it hits max boost it quickly drops to 18 or less I assume this part is normal though.

Can you offer any advice? Loved my jb4 on my bmw but just can’t seem to get rid of this stumble.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2020, 03:50 PM

First step is to capture the issue in a log. Tried replacing and gapping plugs down to 0.022"?

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 09-27-2020, 04:48 PM

Were the logs I initially posted not the right kind?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2020, 08:11 PM

Nothing stood out, but definitely look in to the plug gap.

Burger Motorsports