N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: MY2014 328i
Default 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 automatically deletes any non-serious codes when enabled. So you are good to go.
Thanks for the reply Terry,

And sorry if I put this question in the wrong area of the forum but what is considered a "serious code" that would not be deleted automatically?

Cloner
(#477)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloner
Thanks for the reply Terry,

And sorry if I put this question in the wrong area of the forum but what is considered a "serious code" that would not be deleted automatically?

Cloner
Codes that show a check engine light in dash. For future support related questions use the support section.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#478)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 01-16-2014, 07:26 PM

Greetings Terry!
I'm planing on going to the track on saturday to check my stage2. With a KN filter and stage1 running 100 Octane fuel i managed 13.5 time. Now I have the paper filter and the stage2 so do you recommend me to run on 93Oct or 100Oct to the test? I remove the KN filter because I think it did nothing to the car.

Take Care
(#479)
Old

Default 01-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Thank's for your reply Terry, will do your recommendations.
(#480)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendroz
Greetings Terry!
I'm planing on going to the track on saturday to check my stage2. With a KN filter and stage1 running 100 Octane fuel i managed 13.5 time. Now I have the paper filter and the stage2 so do you recommend me to run on 93Oct or 100Oct to the test? I remove the KN filter because I think it did nothing to the car.

Take Care
If the 100 octane is racing fuel, you can try map 2 and map 7 to see what works best for your vehicle. I'd also raise the boost safety setting to 24.0.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#481)
Old

Car: F30 320i M Sport
Default 01-22-2014, 02:18 AM

Terry,

What's the update on the latest hex file?
(#482)
Old

Car: F31 328XI N20 03/2013
Default 01-22-2014, 02:26 AM

Aaaawwhhh, there is a new hex file! Nice!
Thanks "The Voice" for that info!

Why didnīt we get any information and/or changelog for this new file?

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#483)
Old

Default 01-22-2014, 09:10 AM

So...1hr ago i updatet to latest hex firmware "6"
But could not found any changes :-/

F31 | 328XI | N20B20A | 03/2013 | JB4 Stage 2 | Map 2 | FF Wires | 4" DP | Wagner Comp FMIC | Pipercross drop in | OCC | KW V2
Bid assistance in Germany for troubleshooting, coding, alpina flash, ecu tuning etc.
(#484)
Old

Default 01-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Terry,
For those of us running stage2 with the electronic wastegate, is it safe to remove the MAF connector and solenoid connectors from the JB4 harness? Going to be upgrading to the new JB4 case and installing flex-fuel wires in the next day or so and would be nice to clean up the other unused connections.

Bill
(#485)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmandra
Terry,
For those of us running stage2 with the electronic wastegate, is it safe to remove the MAF connector and solenoid connectors from the JB4 harness? Going to be upgrading to the new JB4 case and installing flex-fuel wires in the next day or so and would be nice to clean up the other unused connections.

Bill
I would avoid it, because we may reuse those connections in the future as part of the electronic solenoid control. You can zip tie them together or maybe remove them from the conduit and zip tie them closer to the box to clean things up if you prefer.

Burger Motorsports

(#486)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice
Terry,

What's the update on the latest hex file?
Oh just some minor internal changes. Fixed a bug with code reading on more than 2 codes, added some test options, etc. Nothing really to justify a user update.

Burger Motorsports

(#487)
Old

Default 01-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I would avoid it, because we may reuse those connections in the future as part of the electronic solenoid control. You can zip tie them together or maybe remove them from the conduit and zip tie them closer to the box to clean things up if you prefer.
Thanks Terry.

Also, do any settings have to be changed after installing the flex fuel wires? Or is it just connect up per the instructions and start adding E85?
(#488)
Old

Default 01-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Hello.
Last tuesday, i installed the OCC.
Today, i'd like to take a first look in the can, how much oil is in there.
But it's not possible to get off the can. When i unscrew the can, then there is not enough space under it to get it down. I hope you unterstand what i mean...

Here is a picture of my install:

Last edited by GuMMiBaEr; 01-29-2014 at 10:53 AM..
(#489)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2014, 11:05 AM

You would remove the bracket and swing it out. Normally you check it every 3-6 months.

Burger Motorsports

(#490)
Old

Car: X1 N20
Default 01-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Is the OCC X1 compatible?

Also, I just ran my X1 with electronic wastegate at the drag strip, with a JB4 in map 1, and put down a 13.9 @ 98.9mph which is about as fast as a stock N55 x1.
(#491)
Old

Default 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM

My 328i EW (electronic wastegate) with JB4 stage2 using map1 did 13.6 with 93oct fuel.

When hot 13.7 so see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUZCAVEXfc

Next time I will switch to map2 per Terry recommedations.

Good time
(#492)
Old

Default 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM

OilCatchCan After 8 days and around 200km (130mi)
I think that is to much, to look inside after 3-6month?!

(#493)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-29-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuMMiBaEr

Yes it is too much. Mine does the same thing. It is fuel mixed with condensation. My car is currently at the dealer getting looked at. Oil catch can would be full 300 miles of this stuff. Obviously not normal if this stuff is getting into our oil. Check out my thread from a while ago that i posted.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23044

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#494)
Old

Default 01-29-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
Yes it is too much. Mine does the same thing. It is fuel mixed with condensation. My car is currently at the dealer getting looked at. Oil catch can would be full 300 miles of this stuff. Obviously not normal if this stuff is getting into our oil. Check out my thread from a while ago that i posted.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23044
Now the question will be, do we need an oil catch can?

This is fuel and water, which will be no issues if passed directly back into the engine without going through the oil catch system...

Looking at both pictures, it seems that there isn't much oil or sludge other then fuel and water... Which is good right?

The occ for my previous cars never caught (or at least so significant) fuel and water... Maybe with additives (valve cleaners) to the fuel, they might actually work even for the n20 engine? Since some of the fuel will still be passed through this bypass back.
(#495)
Old

Default 01-29-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphblade@SG
Now the question will be, do we need an oil catch can?

This is fuel and water, which will be no issues if passed directly back into the engine without going through the oil catch system...

Looking at both pictures, it seems that there isn't much oil or sludge other then fuel and water... Which is good right?

The occ for my previous cars never caught (or at least so significant) fuel and water... Maybe with additives (valve cleaners) to the fuel, they might actually work even for the n20 engine? Since some of the fuel will still be passed through this bypass back.
I am catching 1/4 of catch can in 10,000 miles on my n54 135i and its dark oil (blowby) no fuel. I am waiting to see what dealer will say about the n20. Also dont you think this fuel/water will get trapped at the bottom of intercooler?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.

(#496)
Old

Default 01-29-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
I am catching 1/4 of catch can in 10,000 miles on my n54 135i and its dark oil (blowby) no fuel. I am waiting to see what dealer will say about the n20. Also dont you think this fuel/water will get trapped at the bottom of intercooler?
I dun think so... If I am not mistaken, it looks like this bypass gets back into the intake pass the intercooler...

In any case, I'll be getting my wagner competition IC next month... I'll update if there is any stuff inside the stock IC
(#497)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Seems about normal for the N20. It seems to blow a lot of water condensation through there. Over time that will boil off and only the oil will be left in the can. Check it again in say a month and lets see how it looks.

Burger Motorsports

(#498)
Old

Default 01-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Ohh damn, i like this car everyday more less...
One problem with it after another...

I will check it the next time in 2 weeks, on weekend i do some longer trips not only these short trips at the moment.
I hope it gets better with longer trips

@seroga1986: When did you get your car back? Did, you really hink the dealer could found anything?
If i read your thread correct, there could be a reason for this in case when itīs cold and you did short trips.

So, did we wait for summer? And what to do in winter?

(#499)
Old

Default 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Ohh damn, i like this car everyday more less...
One problem with it after another...

I will check it the next time in 2 weeks, on weekend i do some longer trips not only these short trips at the moment.
I hope it gets better with longer trips

@seroga1986: When did you get your car back? Did, you really hink the dealer could found anything?
If i read your thread correct, there could be a reason for this in case when itīs cold and you did short trips.

So, did we wait for summer? And what to do in winter?
I did not get my car back yet. The service advisor said that it doesnt sound normal for it filling up with fuel so much. Also i did manage to drive 300 miles on it without emptying it and yes it was full to the rim. The condensation actually got frozen in the OCC. And there was some fuel/oil on top that did not freeze. I just wonder if the intercooler is half full of this stuff too. The combination of winter and oil temps never reaching above 180° is filling up this catch can with condensation. But why fuel??

2008 135i Sport 6at

(#500)
Old

Car: 328i
Default 02-01-2014, 07:55 AM

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I wanted to give a shoutout to Terry and Jon. They patiently worked with me on a problem I had with the JB4 and ultimately went above and beyond to help me with their product.

Last edited by morkusyambo; 02-04-2014 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: grammar:)