N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2951)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-15-2018, 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=Terry @ BMS;607403]Been working with a customer remotely who had a popular EcuTek tuner do his RedSport, but after much back and forth, wasn't as thrilled with the performance as he thought he'd be. So he engaged us to use the JB4 to augment his flash mapping to give him higher power options when the need arose.

You know based off this info it lead you to believe that 4psi is not the"peak" or best for an RS. If this guy is running +5 on top of 17psi then a stock RS should be capable of more as long as the AFR and timing is within range. I would NOT recommend running 22psi without a tune but maybe +5 is not too bad for an RS given the range that ECUTEK runners have been pushing.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2952)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-15-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourg63
I've been looking at some of the logs posted here ever since charge air temp has been added so I can compare data. One log that really stands out was posted by CapoJoe860 and shows IAT at 78 with charge air temp rising to 192 degrees. I was also looking at my temps yesterday since it was a bit warmer than 2 days ago and noted the following: ambient temp at 89 with IAT at 98 and charge air temp at 159 degrees. This was at constant cruising speed of 70mph. Slight momentary acceleration raised it to 176 degrees and it took forever to recover. I asked my brother to give me some numbers from his tuned RS with an upgraded HE running 21psi and he gave me the following: IAT at 90 with charge air temp at 111 degrees after doing a pull to 120mph. So unless you live in a really cold climate, doing an HE upgrade is pretty much mandatory.
Yes, definitely an hx upgrade should be the first mod to the car. Will enable more fun with the jb4!
(#2953)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-17-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Yes, definitely an hx upgrade should be the first mod to the car. Will enable more fun with the jb4!
Agreed! We've sold over 100 of these things already and with great results.

http://www.burgertuning.com/infiniti...exchanger.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2954)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Agreed! We've sold over 100 of these things already and with great results.

http://www.burgertuning.com/infiniti...exchanger.html
Do these HX work in parallel with the OEM HX or do they completely replace the OEM HX? Are there any instructions yet?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2955)
Old

Car: q50
Default 09-17-2018, 10:49 AM

Double posted by accident pls see below
(#2956)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Terry if your out there please help me. I have a FBO q50 upper and lower d0wn ***** and a muffler delete. I have access to 93 octane always and a JB4 with bluetooth. I ran 9+psi flat boost and the car becomes a rocketship, its way faster than map 5. I get boost spikes on upshifts to about 22-23 psi and see my AFR go as high as 16-17 when I take my foot off the throttle. I want a consistant 17-18psi of boost and want to reduce the boost spikes if possible. My afrs on WOT look good 11-12. What should I look out for? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-16 17_58_47.csv (8.0 KB, 6 views)
(#2957)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Boost is sampled pre-throttle and fuel is cut off when throttle closes, so you're going to see spikes in those situations by design.

The problem with say +9psi is you're not making 9psi over stock, the WGDC tables won't allow the car to hit that high of a boost target. So you just wind up pushing AFR leaner and timing higher but keeping boost the same. Which might be what you're trying to do. Just keep an eye on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2958)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Thank you! Based on the logs anything to be concerned about with what you see?
(#2959)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM

Also I rather run rich then lean and keep the boost at 17-18psi. Any way to adjust the jb4 without a backend flash?
(#2960)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 12:00 PM

I'd have to evaluate the higher boost levels on E85 to see how far we can push things. It's definitely on our to-do list. We may want to add in another JB4 sensor connection or two at some point for higher power levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#2961)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 12:40 PM

I dont feel comfortable running E85 . I am looking for consistancy. Im trying to run 18PSI on WOT and keep my AFR 10-11.9 if possible. Is there any way to do that now without e85?
(#2962)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlegends
I dont feel comfortable running E85 . I am looking for consistancy. Im trying to run 18PSI on WOT and keep my AFR 10-11.9 if possible. Is there any way to do that now without e85?
bump my question pls answer<3
(#2963)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 02:25 PM

(#2964)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Your engine is safer on an E85 mixture than on pump gas, for example. The maps are there so run whatever you're most comfortable with. On pump gas I'd suggest map2 for most applications and on E85 map5 for most applications. With E85 you can run a lot leaner safer as the extra fluid volume dramatically lowers EGT.

Remember it's not just about boost. You've got timing and AFR also. Running 18psi on a 300hp model on pump gas is not practical with the timing profiles we're working off on the 300hp models.

Burger Motorsports

(#2965)
Old

Default 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Whats the optimal range for map 6 I can use without running to lean. I really want the most amount of boost with the richest profile I can let the car handle. Again- I do not want to run e85 or even e30. I love the feel of map 6 vs map 5 but also do not want to cause the damage a lean AFR may cause the car. Again without the e85 I want to run straight 93 pump gas without problems. Im sure I can get it up on redsport level without the car being upset since they both have the same parts except an additional water pump
(#2966)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Map6 is a custom tuning map so you'd rely on your ability to record and evaluate your logs when setting the boost targets. "Running lean" is a subjective term. The log above didn't look lean to me, on E85. Maybe you think it is. So lower boost as needed to get AFR where you're comfortable with it.

As I said above for the E30 mix we suggest map5 on the 300hp models, and map2 for pump fuels, as known reliable map levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#2967)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Does anyone know the logic on which the heat exchanger water pumps work? Seems like running the A/C (cooling fans on) lower the temp faster. But I did noticed that after the car sitting in my garage for over a day, the heat exchanger water temp is not down to ambient temp. How is this possible, it was as like
25 degrees higher

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4
AMS intakes
Stillen CBE
(#2968)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 03:17 PM

It might be a calculation issue. I'll test soon and adjust if needed. On test firmware I recently increased the sample rate of the ic water temp channel also.

Burger Motorsports

(#2969)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:03 PM

I "think" the HX pump only works at acceleration. If I'm driving 80mph and then let off the throttle I've noticed the temp increases by 2-4 degrees even though my car speed is up. Once I begin to increase RPMs the temp begins to lower again. This leads me to believe the pump only works when you are either accelerating or maybe once you are over a specific RPM.

Pretty sure it is not pumping at idle.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2970)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 05:25 PM

It's pumping all the time as far as I can tell. It might vary it's PWM based on a PID model, have not confirmed that yet though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2971)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Maybe it is pumping all the time but then it might increase pump RPM as you increase engine RPM. This might explain why temps increase at low RPM even though car speed is up.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers