N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Q50 3.0t SS jb4 on 91 logs - 07-16-2019, 06:01 PM

2018 q50 SS running map 1 on 91 octane. Posted these two logs to get some feedback on how well the car is on 91 since is the only thing available in my area. Havenít had a chance to make to decent of runs wot. So will be updating this post. Iíll hopefully be getting in some pulls tonight to update more on these logs. Till then, some feedback would be greatly appreciated 🙏
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM

Post the CSV file so we can look into it and evaluate for you

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Heres the two CVS files for those two logs posted. Thank you for the response/help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-15 23_02_48_Map-1.csv (12.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-15 23_03_50_Map-1.csv (11.9 KB, 39 views)
(#4)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 10:33 PM

Heres another 3rd gear pull at 2000 @rpm's to wot on map 1 on 91 octane. Please give some feedback and let me know what you think and if you feel it's safe to move to map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-17 22_08_56_Map-1.csv (12.5 KB, 39 views)
(#5)
Old

Car: q50
Default 07-18-2019, 05:09 AM

Based on your last log, move to map 2 and post it.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2019, 08:47 AM

Looks good to me! Move up to map 2 if you'd like
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 07-20-2019, 04:23 PM

"Map 2 update on 91"

Here's WOT pull at around 3000 rpm to redline on Map 2 with 91. Let me know what you guys think and if it's safe to move onto map 5?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-20 16_04_29_Map-2.csv (19.5 KB, 49 views)
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-22-2019, 10:43 AM

Log looks good, I'd keep it on this for 91.

If you want map 5 I'd recommend a mild e85 blend.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: q50
Default 07-22-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Log looks good, I'd keep it on this for 91.

If you want map 5 I'd recommend a BMS Meth kit
Fixed for you ^
(#10)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-22-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Fixed for you ^
Ditto

BMS WMI

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8ís
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#11)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 02:05 PM

Instead of E85 and having to add a meth kit, could I use 100 octane? (theres a few local stations by me with it) If so, how many gallons of 100 octane should I add to go up in maps?
(#12)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0 T AWD
Icon1 07-29-2019, 05:37 PM

Hey guys . my first post and fist log
map3 and map 6 on 93 octane.Looks like a huge turbo lag tho
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-29 17_57_37_Map-3.csv (285.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-29 18_43_40_Map-6.csv (158.6 KB, 50 views)
(#13)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-29-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella
Instead of E85 and having to add a meth kit, could I use 100 octane? (theres a few local stations by me with it) If so, how many gallons of 100 octane should I add to go up in maps?
100 octane fuel as a daily fill up would be a tidy price vs the upside of WMIís cooling & effective octane effects IMO.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8ís
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#14)
Old

Default 91 octane and e85 blend logs - 09-07-2019, 03:51 PM

Can I get some feedback on my logs? Some help would be much appreciated! Currently running 91 fuel with a e85 blend. These logs were all done on 10 gallons of 91 and 3 gallons e85 blend (used a e85 cal to convert) for about e30 blend. These logs were done on 3rd gear at 3000 rpms to wot. From what I can see my afr keeps jumping from 14.5 area all the way to 25... was told it could be because the fuel injectors arenít firing off and causing it. Wanted to double n check with the pros and hopefully get some help out on what can be done to balance this out if anything is possible at this point? Was hoping to get my down ***** installed but wanted to check on this first before making that move. Map 5 and map 6 posted.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-07 15_09_10_Map-5.csv (13.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-07 15_05_49_Map-5.csv (28.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-07 15_06_51_Map-5.csv (22.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-07 15_12_24_Map-6.csv (29.4 KB, 22 views)
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Can I get some feedback on my logs? Some help would be much appreciated! Currently running 91 fuel with a e85 blend. These logs were all done on 10 gallons of 91 and 3 gallons e85 blend (used a e85 cal to convert) for about e30 blend. These logs were done on 3rd gear at 3000 rpms to wot. From what I can see my afr keeps jumping from 14.5 area all the way to 25... was told it could be because the fuel injectors arenít firing off and causing it. Wanted to double n check with the pros and hopefully get some help out on what can be done to balance this out if anything is possible at this point? Was hoping to get my down ***** installed but wanted to check on this first before making that move. Map 5 and map 6 posted.
I like the map5 runs better than map6. Trims are maxing out down low but that isn't unexpected. The AFR is leaner down low due to normal mapping and lean spool mode. I think it's fine. The AFR wires would lean the top end out a bit and get AFR a bit leaner there for more power if you wanted.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 07:41 PM

Looking for some feedback on my IAT in this pic (IAT reading 158 while sitting parked). I just installed a ams heat exchanger and lower ********* over the weekend and just got my car back. I noticed after my drive home, my IAT was high and after turning my car off for 30 minutes or so, started it again and the IAT still would claim up to 130-140. The temp outside today was a bit warmer around 85-88. This has been happening with my jb4 I believe since I set it up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pretty alarmed at the moment. Can't seem to get pic posted at the moment guys sorry.

Last edited by Goodfella; 10-08-2019 at 07:52 PM..
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Looking for some feedback on my IAT in this pic (IAT reading 158 while sitting parked). I just installed a ams heat exchanger and lower ********* over the weekend and just got my car back. I noticed after my drive home, my IAT was high and after turning my car off for 30 minutes or so, started it again and the IAT still would claim up to 130-140. The temp outside today was a bit warmer around 85-88. This has been happening with my jb4 I believe since I set it up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pretty alarmed at the moment. Can't seem to get pic posted at the moment guys sorry.
Did they bleed the air out of the system at the shop you installed it?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Did they bleed the air out of the system at the shop you installed it?
Yes, it took several days longer than expected to bleed it correctly and make sure the air had been removed completely.