N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default First timer log review request - 04-30-2019, 05:14 PM

Hi, just installed all my bolt ons including inlets and Iím running 4 gallons of e85, did three third gear pulls to help calibrate map five and then I pulled this log. If anyone has the time or patience to review it for me, I would appreciate it. I have a very hard time trying to understand this stuff by trying to read but unfortunately I donít have any racecar friends that can talk me through it. Log is attached. Thank you for your time.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map5 FBO 3rd gear pull 4galE85.csv (11.5 KB, 29 views)
(#2)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-30-2019, 05:51 PM

Your fuel trims maxed out causing your to run a little lean in the mid range. I think your fueling hardware could keep up as pressures look OK, but you have hit a software limit as the JB4 is at max open loop setting. You'll need a back end flash to increase the fuel ceiling in the DME. Might want to dial back the E85 and/or the boost until then. Remember, E85 needs more fuel volume for the same energy.

Besides that, timing looks solid and boost is right on target. IAT is under control. Enable the 6-cylinder timing option so we can see timing for all.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-30-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Your fuel trims maxed out causing your to run a little lean in the mid range. I think your fueling hardware could keep up as pressures look OK, but you have hit a software limit as the JB4 is at max open loop setting. You'll need a back end flash to increase the fuel ceiling in the DME. Might want to dial back the E85 and/or the boost until then. Remember, E85 needs more fuel volume for the same energy.

Besides that, timing looks solid and boost is right on target. IAT is under control. Enable the 6-cylinder timing option so we can see timing for all.
Thank you for your time, I did notice the AFRís were high but Iím used to rotaries so all of this seems high haha. I noticed the pumps didnít seem to go too low on psi and I wouldnít never put the software part together. Thank you, looks like the BEF is next on my list.

2010 135i M-sport auto :/ VRSF 7.5Ē intercooler, VRSF inlets, VRSF charge pipe, Turbosmart ďraceĒ BOV, BMS DCI, BMS JB4, BMS cowl delete.