N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i
Default 01-20-2018, 08:27 AM

Yes. When the car is in park. 4psi at idle.
(#552)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default WOOOOOO - 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Terry, this doesn't look too bad to me. I made the adjustments per your recommendations but I kept the values over 3500 the same, just lowered them below this RPM.

4th gear pull. Boost still dips just a tad but I think it looks nice. FF and PWG line up better....trims good, afr good. 14.5 peak to 14 at redline.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#553)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 01-20-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
Yes. When the car is in park. 4psi at idle.
Itís 4 and not 0.4? Mine sits at 0.4.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#554)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 10:03 AM

(#555)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 01-20-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Itís 4 and not 0.4? Mine sits at 0.4.
Had the same issue on 9 but mine was at 5.6. Don't think the turbo is spooling at idle, it's more of how it's being read. I reverted back to 8 T2 and no issues.

F30 335i PWG AT l JB4 ISO l BMS/MHD Race BEF l BMS Intake l BMS WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF Chargepipe l FTP Boost pipe l GFB DV+ l NGK 97506 .020 l Stock exhaust l 93+e30
(#556)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry - I dont get this. Trims are maxed, HPFP is crashing but AFR is super rich...??
My guess is DME is sensing knock and demanding a richer air/fuel ratio to suppress it, which is taxing the high pressure fuel pump.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#557)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default First logs, PS2 ISO T9 - 01-20-2018, 10:56 AM

Hi Terry & Guys,

Here are my first logs on map2 and map6 with the ISO T9 on My 13 PWG, FBO+PS2+e25 stock fuel.

What happened while doing the test.
Still spiking over boost going WOT.
Over watching the app on wot everything goes red
The app sometimes doesn't start auto login and freeze sometime too.

Car push hard like a train wanted to slip on 3rd or 4th.
Also, why on map6 at red line boost and target are dropping?
I have flat 16psi from 3500rpm to 7000rpm.
Thanks

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#558)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
Car push hard like a train wanted to slip on 3rd or 4th.
Also, why on map6 at red line boost and target are dropping?
I have flat 16psi from 3500rpm to 7000rpm.
Thanks
You're limited to around 2.5x over the flash target for engine safety. See how this duty bias curve does. Stock turbos are needing a lot less dutycycel down low and a lot more up top.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#559)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You're limited to around 2.5x over the flash target for engine safety. See how this duty bias curve does. Stock turbos are needing a lot less dutycycel down low and a lot more up top.
Will try that. How the rest is looking? AFR, timing, fuel crashing? Will the new duty bias help on the over boosting at wot? Thanks

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#560)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami
Hi Guy's, I wanted to share my first Final Log Running Trebila Performance Custom BEF Flash
I am On The ISO_9 Firmware.

Any Inputs ? I feel Trebila Made a really good job the car is like a train now

CSV Log Attached
Terry what do you think about my log ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#561)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag_n54
Had the same issue on 9 but mine was at 5.6. Don't think the turbo is spooling at idle, it's more of how it's being read. I reverted back to 8 T2 and no issues.
I just log again and I'm having the same issue, boost reads 5.6 with not throttle at all or idle on 9 also.
Jb4 app freeze also and I have to disconnect and connect.
Put it on map0 and got drivertrain malfunction, guess because big turbo on oem flash.

Terry, logs attached for the boost idle issue and a quick log on the new duty bias that still over boosting but donet know if that 5.6 boost reading is on top of it.

Last edited by Yoandry; 01-20-2018 at 05:27 PM..
(#562)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 05:39 PM

This is odd.....did you just have the turbo installed? There's plenty of us running stock flash with minimal issues and an upgraded turbo. Maybe there is an install error?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#563)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
This is odd.....did you just have the turbo installed? There's plenty of us running stock flash with minimal issues and an upgraded turbo. Maybe there is an install error?
On what issue exactly you are referring to? Yes turbo was installed this week and I ran my old firmware for 3 days and I was just over boosting on every map.

Last edited by Yoandry; 01-20-2018 at 05:59 PM..
(#564)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 06:40 PM

what user settings are you currently using?

(#565)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
what user settings are you currently using?
In the logs I posted shows all the info. I started with the default one by Terry on the first post. Then lower a bit to 40 duty bias in the lower rpm and raised at the end.
But I thing there are also some issues with the t9 firmware on the boost reading idle

(#566)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 01-20-2018, 07:28 PM

Okay Terry. Got it close with FF of 142. Should I take it to 150? AVG_IGN is suffering trying to get the boost to around target.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#567)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Okay Terry. Got it close with FF of 142. Should I take it to 150? AVG_IGN is suffering trying to get the boost to around target.
See stock turbo duty bias settings in first post, update those, relog.

Burger Motorsports

(#568)
Old

Default 01-20-2018, 11:36 PM

I have also had the issue with app freezing with iso 9.
(#569)
Old

Car: 2012 f30 335i
Default 01-21-2018, 12:30 AM

I changed some of the settings in the jb4 and made this loge is good or is there something that i need to change?
logs attached
one in 4th gear
the second one is from 2nd to 6th gear

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
5- BMS F30 N55 Performance Intake
6- BMS WMI KIT

Last edited by alo0oy215; 01-21-2018 at 01:04 AM..
(#570)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-21-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo0oy215
I changed some of the settings in the jb4 and made this loge is good or is there something that i need to change?
Iíll attach the log later because I donít have laptop right now
Where is the log ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#571)
Old

Default 01-21-2018, 07:41 AM

Terry suggested lowering FF in lower RPM range and that helped me out with the overboost......it lowered it but still overboost just a smidge.....i can't wait for this BEF!

(#572)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

Seems like most of us have problems with boost oscillation after tip-in... I am running an OTS map at the moment but I dont recall having this issue with my BEF. A BEF is the only proper way to run ISO?
On PWG the BEF has nothing to do with boost control or boost targeting, unless the DME BT is set really wrong, or throttle not mapped properly. The JB4 settings govern that and those depend on the turbo used among other factors.

Burger Motorsports

(#573)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
I have also had the issue with app freezing with iso 9.
Then, go to slower speed CANbus if you need. FUD bit 7 = 1 (FUD = 128).

Burger Motorsports

(#574)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
I just log again and I'm having the same issue, boost reads 5.6 with not throttle at all or idle on 9 also.
Jb4 app freeze also and I have to disconnect and connect.
Put it on map0 and got drivertrain malfunction, guess because big turbo on oem flash.

Terry, logs attached for the boost idle issue and a quick log on the new duty bias that still over boosting but donet know if that 5.6 boost reading is on top of it.
Map0 is intended only for flashing the car, not operation, on the PWG F ISO.

What elevation and what TMAP sensor? May be an issue with the elevation calculation in ISO9 as your log shows relatively higher elevation.

Burger Motorsports

(#575)
Old

Default 01-21-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map0 is intended only for flashing the car, not operation, on the PWG F ISO.

What elevation and what TMAP sensor? May be an issue with the elevation calculation in ISO9 as your log shows relatively higher elevation.
Terry,
I manage to do another log today bumping duty bias to 100 at the end and seems to over boost now at the redline. I really need to lowers those boost as it is not good idea to run those psi on ps2 and stock fuel, even that I thing my hpfp and afr values are good, but Im still seen the gauges on the app going red on WOT. Is something on the log over value that's triggering going red, meaning maxout?
On the app now seems to be the idle ok reading 0.0 boost but still freezing. How exactly to change to slower canbus with FUD?