N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default BMS intercooler F series - 10-27-2019, 10:48 PM

Hey Terry@BMS, do you have any images of your F series n55 intercooler core and fins? I was wondering how dense they were compared to the racecore n54 intercooler, and to something like the VRSF intercooler with the HD fin pack.

Also do you have any datalogs showing the performance of the F series intercooler? All I can find are data logs of the n54 racecore which is not what I am looking for.

Thanks

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#2)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-28-2019, 09:54 AM

It's the same core from the race intercooler.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Default 10-29-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
It's the same core from the race intercooler.
Same core? That means it will be huge and require cutting. Or do you mean same fin density? Is it possible to get a picture? and what about datalogs?

thanks

(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-29-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Same core? That means it will be huge and require cutting. Or do you mean same fin density? Is it possible to get a picture? and what about datalogs?

thanks
Same fin density type core. It's not the same size, but it's fairly larger than factory.

I'd have to dig up some some logs but it was doing pretty well on customers 550whp N55.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Default 10-29-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Same fin density type core. It's not the same size, but it's fairly larger than factory.

I'd have to dig up some some logs but it was doing pretty well on customers 550whp N55.
Yes please I'd love to see some logs, there has been absolutely none on the forums. I can search bms intercooler, or phoenix racing intercooler and there is nothing for the F series bmws, just the n54 race version.

Also what is the fin density for this?

(#6)
Old

Car: 640i
Default 10-29-2019, 05:38 PM

I don’t see it on the website. Does this apply to a F06?
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Yes please I'd love to see some logs, there has been absolutely none on the forums. I can search bms intercooler, or phoenix racing intercooler and there is nothing for the F series bmws, just the n54 race version.

Also what is the fin density for this?
I can't seem to find any on my emails, forgot the user.

Fin density doesn't really have a number with these. All I know is that it's made for 600 hp for the F series (Crank) and about 1000+hp for the E series Race.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grancoupe_f06
I donít see it on the website. Does this apply to a F06?
No sorry, will not work for that application.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-02-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I can't seem to find any on my emails, forgot the user.

Fin density doesn't really have a number with these. All I know is that it's made for 600 hp for the F series (Crank) and about 1000+hp for the E series Race.
Yeah that's my concern because heat soak really messes up these cars on the track. And thus far I haven't seen many intercoolers that can hold up on these cars.

That being said I did hear you guys rework the fin pack on the intercooler before branding it a the bms intercooler as opposed to reselling the phoenix racing one. is this correct?

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah that's my concern because heat soak really messes up these cars on the track. And thus far I haven't seen many intercoolers that can hold up on these cars.

That being said I did hear you guys rework the fin pack on the intercooler before branding it a the bms intercooler as opposed to reselling the phoenix racing one. is this correct?
Correct, through the year we made significant changes to design and internals. Then we felt comfortable to call it our own, because it basically is

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Great! Didn't want to pay too much for an intercooler especially with how frequently I hsve to change them due to crappy road conditions after winter.