N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 135i Coupe
Default E82 Sanity Check Review Please. - 08-27-2020, 01:59 PM

Hi N54 Team! First time posting, been using JB4 over 1 year now since getting E82 last year. Amazing!!! Sweaty palms...Wanted a quick sanity check and noticed boost tapering off gradually after around 4k rpm. Dyno is corresponding graph of log from this past July. Other log is from last year. Map 7 with e25 / 93OCT mix and BEF. I'm suspecting a boost leak or bad boost solenoid. What do you think??
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M7_R1_200729_0000.csv (7.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv 20200427_1301_runs(5).csv (25.0 KB, 27 views)

2011 E82 135i N55 PWG DCT JB4 BMS CAI CP FMIC Hiflow DP
(#2)
Old

Default DYNO Image failed to load - 08-27-2020, 02:35 PM

Resized dyno image. Also noticed not auto logging when I disabled log combining...weird. I did update to ISO 5_18 T3 then back down to T2.
Attached Images

(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-28-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH60Gunner
Hi N54 Team! First time posting, been using JB4 over 1 year now since getting E82 last year. Amazing!!! Sweaty palms...Wanted a quick sanity check and noticed boost tapering off gradually after around 4k rpm. Dyno is corresponding graph of log from this past July. Other log is from last year. Map 7 with e25 / 93OCT mix and BEF. I'm suspecting a boost leak or bad boost solenoid. What do you think??
Hi,

What turbo setup, stock?

If stock, this looks like a normal n55 boost curve. The oem turbo isn't very efficient up top, making higher boost targets in the upper RPM range difficult to hit.

Overall, these logs look pretty solid.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 08-28-2020, 08:10 AM

Yes stock turbo. Future plans to upgrade later. Thanks for your review Dave!

(#5)
Old

Default E40 Mix Pull Review - 08-29-2020, 12:27 AM

Hi Dave, did a pull with E40 mix and at 5100rpm the IGN shows blip. Also included user settings for your thoughts. TMAP is 0, what benefits would I get going up to 3.5bar on stock turbo? Please confirm none as I think this boost is maxed out at 20 on stock.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M7_R1_200828_220111.csv (66.7 KB, 25 views)

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-30-2020, 07:04 AM

You could upgrade to the tmap and run a little more boost down low / mid-range, if fueling allows.

Regardless of tmap, holding more boost up top won't happen unless you upgrade

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-07-2020, 03:24 PM

Hi Dave, I ordered a Walbro 450 and 3.5TMAP. I also replaced my boost solenoid and found the WGDC does not max out and reduces based on boost. Which is the normal operation? Both were on pump 93. 3rd pull was on E35mix but virtual dyno did not show a huge increase in Pwr/trq. WOT pulls attached. Thanks for educating me!

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-09-2020, 07:35 PM

I’d assume power is down due to the crappy timing across multiple cylinders

Your targeting a bit too much boost imo for just 93, hence all the timing issues, and likely little increase in power.

I’d lower boost, or increase octane

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 05:04 AM

What can you analyze for the E35 pull and my initial question about what is a normal WGDC graph?

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-11-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH60Gunner
What can you analyze for the E35 pull and my initial question about what is a normal WGDC graph?
Hey,

So overall the e35 log looks a little cleaner, but you are still seeing multiple corrections on multiple cylinders.

AS far as your boost curve / WGDC etc.

From what I am seeing your turbo setup is pretty much maxed out at this point, even if we were to up your duty bias across the board, I don't see it helping us reach target, the stock turbo is extremely inefficient up top.

How old are your spark plugs? I'm inclined to think we could maybe add a little bit more ethanol too.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 09-13-2020, 10:54 AM

My plugs are new NGK 2 step colder tapped to 0.020". I'll give E40 and E45 a pull.

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-15-2020, 10:02 AM

Burger Motorsports