N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 335i E93
Default Log Review switching to MAP 4 - 08-08-2020, 07:34 PM

Need help please. Im not sure why JB4 kept switching to MAP 4 during track day. I have attached several logs in case that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R43_200808_1531.csv (356.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv P5_M4_R35_200808_1544.csv (356.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv P5_M5_R39_200808_1417.csv (357.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv P5_M4_R45_200808_1151.csv (357.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv P5_M4_R35_200808_1140.csv (358.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv P5_M4_R42_200808_1024.csv (361.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: csv P5_M4_R41_200808_1012.csv (351.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv P5_M5_R52_200808_0848.csv (326.9 KB, 30 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-08-2020, 08:43 PM

The safety your are throwing is "1" for overboost.

The log files you have uploaded are massive, and frankly hard to read, because they are full of not needed data.

Proper logs to help diagnose issues are generally done in 3rd gear, WOT, traction control fully off.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-09-2020, 04:48 PM

Thank you for your help. Ill make sure to run proper logs next time. I have to bring it in anyway since a coolant leak has also developed.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-10-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjramirez02
Thank you for your help. Ill make sure to run proper logs next time. I have to bring it in anyway since a coolant leak has also developed.
Sounds good!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 06:21 PM

Here are two logs from today. Its not switching to MAP 4 anymore but it looks like boost is dropping off at the higher rpm range.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200818_063725.csv (7.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200818_174729.csv (10.7 KB, 29 views)
(#6)
Old

Car: 2015 435i xdrive gran coupe
Default 08-20-2020, 06:18 AM

Turn on 6cyl timing.
Set your duty bias to 50 across the board.
Relog.
What fuel are you using?
What plugs are you using and how old are they?
(#7)
Old

Default 08-20-2020, 06:54 AM

Will do. Im using 93 pump fuel. Plugs are about a month old bosch zr5tpp33.

Thank you for your help.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-20-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Here are two logs from today. Its not switching to MAP 4 anymore but it looks like boost is dropping off at the higher rpm range.
timing doesn't look great.

we can help the boost curve w. some duty bias tuning, but the stock turbo isn't the most efficient.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 08-20-2020, 08:52 AM

What can I do to improve the timing?
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-21-2020, 05:40 AM

Do you have access to e85

How old are your plugs ?

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 08-21-2020, 07:07 AM

I do have access to e85. Plugs have about 4000 miles on them. I really appreciate your help.
(#12)
Old

Default 08-21-2020, 05:38 PM

I attached updated logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200821_071204.csv (9.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200821_164620.csv (11.6 KB, 29 views)
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-22-2020, 05:51 AM

Bump your FOL up to 80

And let’s add 1 gallon of e85 to your current gas tank (unless you are on empty)

Drive around for a few minutes after adding the gallon (let fuel mix)

Then re log, let’s see if that cleans up the timing a bit

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 08-22-2020, 01:37 PM

Here is the log with FOL at 80 and 1 gallon of E85
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200822_161019.csv (10.3 KB, 29 views)
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-23-2020, 11:50 AM

Cleaner, still a little noise on 5

Bump your FOL up to 90

how’s the car feel?

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 08-23-2020, 12:05 PM

Feels much better and smoother. Will change fol to 90 and relog. Thank you!
(#17)
Old

Default 08-24-2020, 05:39 AM

Could it be an issue with lpfp? I tried to log this morning with fol at 90 (attached) but went into limp mode. The error codes are 2efe, 2f02, 2ee0, 2eed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200824_065353.csv (10.2 KB, 28 views)
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-24-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Could it be an issue with lpfp? I tried to log this morning with fol at 90 (attached) but went into limp mode. The error codes are 2efe, 2f02, 2ee0, 2eed.
Did you just change FOL.

Clear codes & take 1-2 WOT adaption pulls.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 08-24-2020, 07:39 AM

I did change the fol and then did the log. Tried to clear the codes but they came right back as soon as I started driving.
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-26-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
I did change the fol and then did the log. Tried to clear the codes but they came right back as soon as I started driving.
Ok, lets drop the FOL back down to 80

Clear codes, and relog

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 07:02 AM

Bad coils were part of the problem. Crazy since I had put new ones on i. December but I changed all of them yesterday. Will relog with fol at 90.
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-26-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Bad coils were part of the problem. Crazy since I had put new ones on i. December but I changed all of them yesterday. Will relog with fol at 90.
Iíve seen coils bad out of the box, so sadly that doesnít shock me.

Letís see FOL @ 90...

Do 1-2 WOT pulls after the FOL change & then log the next pull

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 08-26-2020, 04:58 PM

Here it is
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_200826_195512.csv (9.7 KB, 26 views)
(#24)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Here it is
5k- redline, bump duty bias up by 5

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 08-28-2020, 08:00 AM

Will do. Ill relog this afternoon.