N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 01-16-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Okay awesome, well in the spirit of the current firmware I have, here is a final log I took yesterday; please let me know your feedback. Will install new FW today. Thanks again.
I am not good in reading logs,But why do you have several Throttle Closures ?

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#477)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i
Default Iso 9 - 01-16-2018, 12:22 PM

Hi Terry

Im new to n54tech. I have a f30 n55 335i, bms intake,******* ** and jb4. Im running pump 95 octane down in South Africa. I did the upgrade to iso 9. There seems to be heavy knocking. I cant even log the car. The car idles at 4-5psi, ecu boost is starting at 22-25 psi when i try and log. When i go back to iso 8. The number look normal again. Idle at 0psi,14 afr. Im using all default settings as on page 1. Has anyone else had this problem. Should i just stick to iso7.12 or 8. Thanks.
(#478)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
Hi Terry

Im new to n54tech. I have a f30 n55 335i, bms intake,******* ** and jb4. Im running pump 95 octane down in South Africa. I did the upgrade to iso 9. There seems to be heavy knocking. I cant even log the car. The car idles at 4-5psi, ecu boost is starting at 22-25 psi when i try and log. When i go back to iso 8. The number look normal again. Idle at 0psi,14 afr. Im using all default settings as on page 1. Has anyone else had this problem. Should i just stick to iso7.12 or 8. Thanks.
Did you Cut the Diode ??

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#479)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i
Default 01-16-2018, 01:56 PM

Yes. Cut one side. The numbers all just seemed to spike. Even afr was getting over 20. Back to 17/3 now and all seems good again. Logs looking smooth and numbers holding good.
(#480)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamz
Hi Terry

Also having similar issues. Idles at 5.6 psi and after a while, it goes back to normal until I start the car again

F30 335i PWG AT l JB4 ISO l BMS/MHD Race BEF l BMS Intake l BMS WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF Chargepipe l FTP Boost pipe l GFB DV+ l NGK 97506 .020 l Stock exhaust & fueling l 93+e30
(#481)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default new FW logs - 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM

Wasq - not sure thanks for pointing that out...it felt fine but I see what you're talking about

New logs attached with slow speed CANbus enabled in new FW map 5. Still seeing throttle dip in middle of pull.....

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#482)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 03:08 PM

Waqas....did you keep the slower speed CANbus enabled still? Or did the FW actually make it so that you could disable it and ran fine?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#483)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Waqas....did you keep the slower speed CANbus enabled still? Or did the FW actually make it so that you could disable it and ran fine?
I tried both ways with slow speed and without, and didnt notice any differnce. But i am using the slow speed now since terry told me its better to keep it on in our car's that needed theslow speed befoure the new update.

Terry sent me this: You may still need to keep slow speed on but in the new firmware the slow speed is better than old high speed , Slow speed is 6hz, high speed 10hz, sampling.

And Bit5 also no longer used, its full time all the time now.

(#484)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 03:20 PM

okay thank you. I posted new logs, still with partial throttle closure. I'll have to see what Terry says

(#485)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Wasq - not sure thanks for pointing that out...it felt fine but I see what you're talking about

New logs attached with slow speed CANbus enabled in new FW map 5. Still seeing throttle dip in middle of pull.....
The throttle behavior is normal. In the midrange you'd only be at 100% if boost is way below target. As boost reaches target it's mapped to around 70% in the midrange.

But what is a problem is the boost dip post spool. I think you'll need a user adjustable for spool mode smooth that out by remaining in spool until boost is closer to target.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#486)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Cool, thanks Terry so that I better understand you, remain in the RPM range (by keeping pedal steady) just before it has been dipping before going WOT? and/or do I need to be adjusting other parameters to help me out?

Last edited by Marlinman; 01-16-2018 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: addition
(#487)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 04:42 PM

You drive the car how you want to drive it. The throttle isn't much of a barometer for anything, what you want to look for tuning at is boost vs.target. And specifically what WGDC is doing when boost isn't on target.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#488)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 04:52 PM

Okay I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to fix the dip in boost post spool

(#489)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 05:03 PM

cripes, I think I could raise FF in just that area to bring it closer to PWM for starters?

(#490)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Doesn't look too bad at all. You can try to play around with the Duty Bias settings if you fancy. Adjust in steps of max 5. Gear and cyl 5-6 timing is not being logged...

I thought those cylinders were logged by default? and the 6 cyl timing on this ISO is for pedal aggressiveness I thought?

(#491)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM

Just to clarify, since we're removing the boost solenoid diode, does that mean the blue wires no longer do anything and can be removed from the harness? I don't like having extra stuff in the engine bay, so if that patch is now useless, I don't want it there.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#492)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Just to clarify, since we're removing the boost solenoid diode, does that mean the blue wires no longer do anything and can be removed from the harness? I don't like having extra stuff in the engine bay, so if that patch is now useless, I don't want it there.
Opposite, actually. It means boost is entirely dependent on the JB4 driving the solenoid via the blue patch, rather than sharing control with the DME, as was done with integrated control.

Burger Motorsports

(#493)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 01-16-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Opposite, actually. It means boost is entirely dependent on the JB4 driving the solenoid via the blue patch, rather than sharing control with the DME, as was done with integrated control.
Wow. Glad I asked before I removed it. Could have gotten messy. Thanks Terry.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#494)
Old

Default 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM

cnm135, I just pulled up some of the logs from my other posts and checked those ignition values for 5 and 6, I am seeing values, so I think it is logging...what exactly did you see when you thought they weren't being logged?

Also, I am trying to figure out why my boost spikes a little at WOT and then dives just slightly under the target (and in some instances goes back over target toward end of the pull). I have raised FF globally (since I don't think map 5 is learning up) to try and match FF and PWM better, my next thought was to look at the specific RPM values and slightly increase the DB by RPM to get the boost back on target....

I notice the PWM going a little higher in each instance when the boost is below target.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys.

(#495)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

For trans temp - what is a high value for the ZF8?
I don't recall off the top of my head but when I looked at it during 1/2 mile races with our PS2 435 it was a total non-factor.

Burger Motorsports

(#496)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
cnm135, I just pulled up some of the logs from my other posts and checked those ignition values for 5 and 6, I am seeing values, so I think it is logging...what exactly did you see when you thought they weren't being logged?
He's probably looking at your logs from the older firmware where not everything is included by default.

Burger Motorsports

(#497)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 01-17-2018, 01:47 PM

My truck doesn’t seem to like ISO. It gave me a Drivetrain Malfunction after I hit the gas, and is also throwing a low boost code. Any ideas? I set the user adjustments as shown in the first post.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#498)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2018, 01:54 PM

You forgot to attach the data we'd need to help you, the JB4 log.

Burger Motorsports

(#499)
Old

Default 01-17-2018, 03:02 PM

I lowered PID gain just a tad and raised FF globally and now FF and PWM seem to be a good match right now, however I'm still seeing boost oscillations after "tip in".

I am also in map 5 and feel that it should be learning up way more than it is....it varies between 12.8 psi and 14.5.

Thoughts anyone?

(#500)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You forgot to attach the data we'd need to help you, the JB4 log.
I didn't want to beat on it with the drivetrain light on. I reset it and will get some sort of log tonight. Its not gonna be great since I already have a date with a judge, but it'll be something.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i