N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335i N54
Default Fuel-It Throttle Body Injection (TBI) for 100% E85 - 08-11-2020, 04:51 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

Need a bit of advice here

Been having a Fuel-It TBI (throttle body injection) kit sitting around for sometime now, and I ordered a Nitrous Outlet 5/16" Universal Fuel Rail Adapter Kit for it so I can use the stock lines

Here I am putting it all on today and came across an issue of fuel leaking from the connection of the stock fuel delivery line pipe (aka HPFP line) as it links to the Nitrous Outlet Fuel Rail Adapter. The first photo shows how it's installed.

Unfortunately Fuel-It doesn't support this product anymore, so I wasn't able to get the Fuel Rail Adapter directly from them, which is what I think the problem is stemming from.

In summary, is it the adapter being a wrong size that is the issue? Is the HPFP line a 3/8 instead of 5/16? From my research it shows to be a 5/16 line.

Or could it be because of a crappy connection from the HPFP line to the Fuel Rail Adapter? This is what I am leaning towards here. Because when I was connecting the HPFP line to the Fuel Rail Adapter it proved to be extremely difficult, even with WD40 helping to lubricate it.

If you notice the Fuel Rail Adapter that I am using is a bit different then what Fuel-It used originally, unfortunately I couldn't find that exact one so settled with the next best thing. (Second photo is the original part used in the Fuel-It TBI Kit)

The one Fuel-It used originally had clips inside, while the one I recieved from Nitrous Outlet has a "screw on" type of connector to the HPFP.

Any ideas of what I did wrong, or what I can do from here?

Currently my next course of action is to email NX and see if I can get the exact part from them that Fuel-It was using for the kits back in the day, and then go back to how my car was before I put my hands on it today so I can still enjoy a midnight drive tonight.
Attached Images

(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335i N54
Default 08-12-2020, 03:08 PM

NX came through and got me the link to the part, but it doesn't ship to Cali so there's that.

Wondering if anyone has dealt with the same problem. I heard of a company Viabox that reships things, has anyone used this?