N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default BMS Fuel Pump Controller - 11-02-2019, 09:19 AM

New BMS product in testing phases now, a stand alone universal style fuel pump controller that can run your 2nd (and maybe 3rd) fuel pump.

Installation is really easy. Just give it 12v, ground, it has an output wire to power up your fuel pump, and finally a voltage input for the trigger which you can attach to your map sensor. Inside the box there are two dials, turn on (30% min dutycycle), and max flow (100% dutycycle), so you can set when the pump starts and when it goes max flow, relative to the input voltage or engine boost.

We're also evaluating having the trigger wire read dutycycle so rather than running a wire to the front for boost you can have it trigger off the factory EKP dutycycle for a really clean/simple install. In this trim you could set the 2nd pump to turn on only when the first pump goes 100%.

Finally we should also be able to configure this in a "load balance" mode for those running a single pump but worried about burning out their factory EKP. In that implementation this will sit in parallel with the EKP splitting load to the pump so the EKP sees roughly the same current as a factory fuel pump. More testing required on this specific implementation but it seems promising.

Intro pricing will be around $200.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 11-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Great ideas always coming from the geniuses at BMS. I appreciate all that you guys do. Following...
(#3)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 11-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Great news! I'll definitely want this to supplement my stage 2 fuel pump.

FBO MT N54 w/stock turbos-tuned by Trebila
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335
Default 11-03-2019, 12:02 AM

WOW BMS innovation keep pushing the envelope.I'm in for this
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 11-03-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
New BMS product in testing phases now, a stand alone universal style fuel pump controller that can run your 2nd (and maybe 3rd) fuel pump.

Installation is really easy. Just give it 12v, ground, it has an output wire to power up your fuel pump, and finally a voltage input for the trigger which you can attach to your map sensor. Inside the box there are two dials, turn on (30% min dutycycle), and max flow (100% dutycycle), so you can set when the pump starts and when it goes max flow, relative to the input voltage or engine boost.

We're also evaluating having the trigger wire read dutycycle so rather than running a wire to the front for boost you can have it trigger off the factory EKP dutycycle for a really clean/simple install. In this trim you could set the 2nd pump to turn on only when the first pump goes 100%.

Finally we should also be able to configure this in a "load balance" mode for those running a single pump but worried about burning out their factory EKP. In that implementation this will sit in parallel with the EKP splitting load to the pump so the EKP sees roughly the same current as a factory fuel pump. More testing required on this specific implementation but it seems promising.

Intro pricing will be around $200.
Very interesting! In single pump load splitting mode does the factory ekp and ECU control the lpfp completely? So in effect the BMW unit is just splitting power and nothing else?

Also does this hook up straight to the battery, and if so does it go to sleep to prevent battery drain? I mean you can have it mirror off of the factory EKP, if that goes off the bms unit goes into low power mode.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#6)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 11-03-2019, 03:41 PM

If you were to use this to power a second pump, where’s the ground for the pump?
(#7)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Also where would this mount on an F series? Specifically the 2 series/m2

(#8)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E92 335i
Default 11-04-2019, 08:53 AM

Awesome! I will be following development closely.

I always wondered the possibility of a "large current transistor" using the EKP signal to run a seconday pump. Glad to see BMS continuing to develop solutions!

2007 335i E92 6MT FBO, Stock Turbos

Last edited by N54_ABQ; 11-04-2019 at 02:26 PM..
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-04-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
If you were to use this to power a second pump, where’s the ground for the pump?
Black wire goes to ground
Red wire goes to 12v (fuse inline amp depending on pump IIRC 25amp max)
Orange wire goes to Tmap 0-5v (trigger)
Yellow wire goes to Pump Positive
Pump Ground goes to battery or grounded to chassis.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 11-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Would love to see a comparison log to the hobbs switch method. If you can make it so the pump doesn't fluctuate all over the place when the second pump comes on I'd say this is a huge winner

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#11)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 11-05-2019, 03:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing on the ground after I posted, and realized jb4 only has a power for a aux power.
(#12)
Old

Car: BMW E92 N54
Default 11-06-2019, 01:27 AM

"2nd pump turn on only when the first pump goes dutycycle 100%"
in that scenario the first pump trim will drop then the 2nd pump will switch off.....!
How the 2nd pump will act, on off on off....?

BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2019, 02:44 PM

OK we beat the hell out of one of our test models the last week including 1/2 mile racing at NFZ and it's been working flawlessly. For the production runs we're going to move the pots on the board over a little so they are easier to reach. But other than that it's ready to go.

I've got 3x pre-production units we want to get out for some extended testing. Will do them for $100 each shipped but there are conditions. You have to be willing to install it ASAP and provide us a little feedback!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Jameel
"2nd pump turn on only when the first pump goes dutycycle 100%"
in that scenario the first pump trim will drop then the 2nd pump will switch off.....!
How the 2nd pump will act, on off on off....?
It's dutycycle just like the factory EKP... So it allows you to run the pump at slower speeds if you want to avoid over heating it or adding more heat to the fuel by pushing it around the regulator.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Any updates on this function?

(#16)
Old

Car: 2008 E92 N54 FBO
Default 11-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Terry, just emailed you. DEFINITELY interested, if you've got units to spare. Thanks!
(#17)
Old

Car: Bmw 535xi e60
Default 11-12-2019, 10:46 PM

Terry i m want one please
(#18)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 11-15-2019, 06:59 AM

will this work along side with the a PI kit with hobbs switch and split second aic6 for mhd?
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-15-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl335
will this work along side with the a PI kit with hobbs switch and split second aic6 for mhd?
Yes, it will go in place of the hobbs switch basically.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 11-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Are there any of the 3 left for sale? Can I please purchase PayPal? Thanks for the reply
(#21)
Old

Default 11-15-2019, 12:08 PM

Happy to document install and review
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-15-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evl335
Happy to document install and review
Email Terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 11-15-2019, 01:45 PM

I'll wait for a tested production unit. And car is still being built so I can't do anything right now neways.

But I'll be in the market for one probably.

2010 135i auto,
2020 mods: Speedtech S366, VTT DBBL, PR Coils, dual 450's, etc
Best stock turbo 1/8 mile: 7.469 @ 98.56, 1.769 60'
Best stock turbo 1/4 mile: 11.480 @ 121.79 1.802 60'
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2019, 01:50 PM

One more pre-production unit we want to get out to an E90 N54 or N55!

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 11-25-2019, 01:28 PM

How I would love to help you, if there was not winter knocking on doors in Europe :-/ But definitely interested in the final product! With my LPFP collapsing to 40 in hot weather.. LOL.

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF