N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM

Was able to sneak in a quick VBOX run on straight 91 octane... low 11s @ 130mph, 8.0 60-130 as recorded during the 1/4 mile run. This thing moves.

I'll up the octane later and pop the SD card in for some better numbers when schedule permits. Busy tuning up everyone for no fly zone and shift sector.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: M5
Default 10-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Was able to sneak in a quick VBOX run on straight 91 octane... low 11s @ 130mph, 8.0 60-130 as recorded during the 1/4 mile run. This thing moves.

I'll up the octane later and pop the SD card in for some better numbers when schedule permits. Busy tuning up everyone for no fly zone and shift sector.
The C7Z is a monster in stock form...you should be able to get that 60-130 down easily
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-05-2016, 11:37 AM

Terry,

How do you like the A8 compared to the DCT in the BMW, performance and fun factor? Btw GM just released a 100 octane tune flash that keeps factory warranty, gets flashed at dealerships.

2008 335i coupe: jb4, DP, e85 (daily)
2001 C5Z06: cammed, full exhaust, supercharged, meth (weekend warrior)
(#29)
Old

Default 10-05-2016, 12:22 PM

just remove the tiny oem supercharger and install F1-X u will hit 1100 rwhp meth+pump gas 93 at 22 psi stock engine can handle it
(#30)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 10-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
just remove the tiny oem supercharger and install F1-X u will hit 1100 rwhp meth+pump gas 93 at 22 psi stock engine can handle it
Prochargers suck. Like Vortechs, they make numbers but no performance. If you're gonna be supercharged, positive displacement is the only way to go, twin screw is greatly preferred over roots. If you must have centrifugal, go turbo instead. Centrifugal is basically a belt driven turbo anyway, so why waste power spinning it when the exhaust can do it better with less losses?

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i - Due at dealer 10/9
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#31)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:

sounds like a 9 second car with minimal mods

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#32)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-05-2016, 02:09 PM

I have seen one at the strip and Shift S3ctor. I don't know what all he had done but he was running a full cage, nitrous, and slicks. He was running low 10's in the 140's mph. I don't recall what he ran at Shift S3ctor though.

2011 E92 335i Auto Sold
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | Custom MHD | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | AEM Meth Injection | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | GFB DV+ | AR DP |
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain925
Terry,

How do you like the A8 compared to the DCT in the BMW, performance and fun factor? Btw GM just released a 100 octane tune flash that keeps factory warranty, gets flashed at dealerships.
The DCT is better from a roll.. But the A8 is much better from a launch as you can brake boost it. It's a stronger trans too. If we had the GM A8 in a 135 or 335 we'd probably have 9 second cars already.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#34)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 10-05-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
If we had the GM A8 in a 135 or 335 we'd probably have 9 second cars already.
That might be possible. GM does sell a control unit for their trannys. So if you can have an adapter plate made and figure out how to get the BMW computer to interface with the GM controller........

Mike Levy
(#35)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-05-2016, 09:45 PM

Terry are they slightly de tuned from the factory for the first 1k miles or so?

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#36)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 10-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Prochargers suck. Like Vortechs, they make numbers but no performance. If you're gonna be supercharged, positive displacement is the only way to go, twin screw is greatly preferred over roots. If you must have centrifugal, go turbo instead. Centrifugal is basically a belt driven turbo anyway, so why waste power spinning it when the exhaust can do it better with less losses?
LOL...really?

https://www.facebook.com/71161054564...1793009622202/
(#37)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 10-07-2016, 06:17 PM

I must admit, I really like the new Z06. I think if I was to go American muscle though I would likley go with a Gen 5 Viper.

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
Terry are they slightly de tuned from the factory for the first 1k miles or so?
Don't know but don't think so.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 10-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
Haven't dealt with them since the 4th Gen F-Body's, but yeah, they were known as Dyno queens. Could make tons of power, but it didn't mean faster track times.

I bet if you used a Whipple or Kenne Bell or even a turbo, and made the same power, it would be quicker.

Mike Levy
(#40)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 10-10-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
I bet if you used a Whipple or Kenne Bell or even a turbo, and made the same power, it would be quicker.
No. The fastest supercharged builds are all centrifugal. PD setups don't even come close.
(#41)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 10-10-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
No. The fastest supercharged builds are all centrifugal. PD setups don't even come close.
Which makes zero sense because all the top fuelers run 14-71s, which are roots. There has to be some reason that the LT4 can't take full advantage of positive displacement. I'd also like to know the reason they choose to waste power spinning a centrifugal supercharger when a turbo does the same thing and doesn't cost you the parasitic losses.

Mike Levy
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2016, 04:52 PM

The displacement blower is a nice clean factory package with good tip in response. It's definitely not the best setup for performance though. It would be 3rd behind a centrifugal supercharger and turbocharger.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 10-13-2016, 04:19 AM

Terry's gone over to the "Dark Side".
LOL

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#44)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-13-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve13m
Ya curious why the jump to american muscle?
It's more like a jump BACK into american muscle....
(#45)
Old
Legend

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 10-13-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Terry's gone over to the "Dark Side".
LOL
Russell is back??? I haven't seen you on the forums in over a year. Welcome back man

2011 E92 335i Auto Sold
12.0 @ 125MPH JB4
11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD / 0-60 3.66

2014 E84 X1 35i 12.75 @ 107MPH / 0-60 4.55 / 293 AWHP 305 AWTQ When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | Custom MHD | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet | XHP Stage 2 | AEM Meth Injection | Pure Stage 2 V3 | Pure Inlet | GFB DV+ | AR DP |
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-13-2016, 03:26 PM

Yes it has been some time. Glad to be back..... Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2016, 04:50 PM

Russell has Ando's orange M4 now so he's back in the game!

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 10-13-2016, 04:55 PM

What car is Ando left with then? has he also gone over to the "Dark Side"?
(#49)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-14-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry$
Yes! I got married lol.

I have the Infiniti Q50t 3.0
New car hoping to develop stage 1 and intake.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry$
He got married and bought a house so downgraded his personal car to an Infiniti turbo for budgetary concerns. Now that he has some parking spots though he's also going to take one of our other development cars as a beater, maybe the 340i, or maybe the VW GTI.

Burger Motorsports