N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 03-30-2016, 03:54 PM

NIZPRO

We also are very close to having full calibration available for the transmission with prototype hard ware and software now completed.
(#27)
Old

Car: 09 335i 6AT Coupe
Default 03-30-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCuda
Absolutely. If it was built strong enough already, replacing hard parts such as these shafts are a waste.

However as soon as someone manages to break one, then it may be proven to be a weak point and need it. (patiently waiting someone to make more power and hard launch on some D05 slicks.)
Well if you look at the 6hp26 which is stronger from the factory in every way you will see that snapped input and intermediate shafts are pretty common, with just trans tuning and higher power . If nizpro can unlock the programming side of the 335 then there is no reason that the weaker in every way 6hp21 is going to be any different. The upgraded drum and discs alone may be enough to start snapping them. Right now clamping force and mush box factory programming are the limiting factors.

Or maybe there just scam artists looking to rip of dumb americans with there shiny billet parts.

But hey, level 10 should have just what your looking for. No paper weight billet shafts or baskets in there "1000hp" jobs
(#28)
Old

Default 03-30-2016, 04:14 PM

Well I let you know once I get the tranny from NIZPRO in the summer.I want to wait first until they test a couple of BMW. I'm the one who has been e-mailing NIZPRO.
Level10 is crap.you get an OEM tranny for $6,000. I hope these Australians' can build a tranny with TCM included,
other solution in the States is IPT..My own opinion same like level10, or go MANUAL SWAP.

Last edited by Race8877; 03-30-2016 at 04:28 PM..
(#29)
Old

Default 03-30-2016, 05:46 PM

E-mail from Nizpro to me---

As discussed yesterday we have developed a full hardware and software calibration system for the TCU, it features stand alone calibration tables for transmission functions
(#30)
Old

Car: a slow one
Default 03-30-2016, 06:07 PM

6k+ trans who knows how long it will even last? What's the warranty like or anything g for that matter, then you have to ship and wait how long for it to get to Austrailia?
(#31)
Old

Default 03-30-2016, 06:09 PM

Itp is no better than lvl 10
(#32)
Old

Default 03-30-2016, 06:50 PM

I think is $6,000+ for a new tranny ,but than again I do not know how reliable
they are. I was interested in them because they are working with the TCM.
Well time will tell.I know MHD is working also on the TCM.
(#33)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 03-30-2016, 07:44 PM

Please keep us updated on the tranny and coding. I am very interested in it.
(#34)
Old

Default 03-31-2016, 08:20 AM

I will..
(#35)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 03-31-2016, 08:27 AM

Is it 6k and a core charge or 6k and u get to keep ur core
(#36)
Old

Default 03-31-2016, 04:13 PM

Hello Andrew:

At the current exchange rate your price is $5,900.00 US. {$ 7,700.00 Australian}

This is using your transmission so plus freight both ways. We do have an local auto dismantler that can supply us core unit for $420 US, { $550.00 AUD } so this would be a good option as it saves freight charges one way and time. However they are currently not showing any stock, they do always ring me when they have one for us.

If you were to decide on the outright option we would still want you to send the Valve body from your vehicle to us, this can be done when you are removing the transmission from the vehicle. Any mechanic that is capable of doing the transmission remove and refit would be capable of this. This can be air freighted to us, due to the weight and size the freight would be quite reasonable. I would give a very good description of what we needed.

This is required as we need to program the TCU and to do this having your TCU is required at this stage.
(#37)
Old

Default 03-31-2016, 06:58 PM

Good luck to you Race88877
(#38)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 04-01-2016, 04:56 AM

Hey guys,

I can assure you that Nizpro is not a scam as my car is in their workshop now going through the ZF upgrade. Simon has been giving me regular update on the upgrade and the only reason why I am encountering delay is because of the intercooler upgrade. Anyway, that's sorted and we are moving forward now.

Below is the link for my car -
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124595

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188177
(#39)
Old

Default 04-01-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE92
Hey guys,

I can assure you that Nizpro is not a scam as my car is in their workshop now going through the ZF upgrade. Simon has been giving me regular update on the upgrade and the only reason why I am encountering delay is because of the intercooler upgrade. Anyway, that's sorted and we are moving forward now.

Below is the link for my car -

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124595

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188177
Never questioned that at all I was in talks with Simon 2 years ago. I did plenty of reading and his upgrades to the coyote our Mustang 12 second cars
(#40)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 04-01-2016, 05:45 AM

sub'd
(#41)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-01-2016, 06:22 AM

This sounds great and all, but there's one big flaw... They say they're updating our TCU's.

#1 our TCU's are highly encrypted and no one else in the world has been able to crack them. Bench flashing isn't that helpful because it still checks the RSA hash every single startup, they would have to do extensive rewriting of the bootloader with no knowledge of the code, this would take a top top level programmer, like black hat hacker status almost. Way outside the wheelhouse of any car shop or tuner. Maybe they know an extremely talented programmer. (Bypassing the RSA is the only way forward, and is what was done with our DME)

#2 if you can dump both the bootloader (and modify it to remove RSA hash check) and then program/rom from the TCU, there is zero reference as to the layout of the tables in the program section. You'll be looking at a sea of hexadecimal with no reference of where to start or what does what. It would be like trying to proofread a book in a language you don't speak. Remember everything spits out as hexadecimal you need to figure out the conversion formula to make it readable data. (but you have no idea what kind of values it should be converting to, because there's no reference as to what does what) Then once it's readable data you have no idea what any of the tables do or where the x and y axis for the table are. (Guaranteed the x and y axis data will be in another location in the ROM because tables share axis's) it would be a monumental and even a bit of luck would have to be involved to figure out what to change.

Also this software was developed by BMW, they don't use the standard ZF software. So a leak is pretty damn unlikely. Without a leak were flying extremely blind.

Everyone should be pretty weary of any claim that someone can remap this TCU themselves. Possible yes but extremely improbable.

Edit: for transparency there is one small source of data you can generate and compare the 4 or 5 existing trans flashes but the changes between them are minimal and honestly there's no guarantee that the line pressure tables were changed. The line pressure tables are what they really need to find. And they need to find one other function's toggle (next to impossible), but I want to see if they know yet, here's a hint it's the same thing that prevents the lvl 10 valve body from working. (Their only solid upgrade product IMO)

Last edited by Nniftyfour; 04-01-2016 at 06:39 AM..
(#42)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-01-2016, 06:37 AM

I want this to happen like the rest of us, I just know a little too much on topic to be naively excited.

I would of been more excited if they had an alternate valve body. Which they made it sound like in the beginning.
(#43)
Old

Default 04-01-2016, 07:34 AM

I just researching them .(NIZPRO)I'm not sending my tranny to them. I have to see just like you said if they can break into the TCU. They are still also in the stages of testing two cars. Second they are very far away Australia.
Only way if I do it ,I buy a used tranny and send it to them. That would be even more expensive. I will keep in touch with them and see what happens anyway ..

Last edited by Race8877; 04-01-2016 at 07:45 AM..
(#44)
Old

Default 04-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
I just researching them .(NIZPRO)I'm not sending my tranny to them. I have to see just like you said if they can break into the TCU. They are still also in the stages of testing two cars. Second they are very far away Australia.
Only way if I do it ,I buy a used tranny and send it to them. That would be even more expensive. I will keep in touch with them and see what happens anyway ..
They should already have a tranny done one was sent to them over 2 years ago? Where is that tranny? I was in talks with these guys long ago so needless to say I will be doing a swap. Not saying they can't do it but how long will it take
(#45)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW E90 335i
Default 04-01-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
Everyone should be pretty weary of any claim that someone can remap this TCU themselves. Possible yes but extremely improbable.
Agreed 100%. Until they (or anyone else) can prove that they are doing truly custom TCU flashing, I will maintain that the TCU is un-crackable (or simply no one has the time/money/effort to spend figuring it out). There have been at least a couple companies out there who claim they do custom transmission tuning for our cars, but in the end they were just flashing Alpina or other ZB.

It would almost be easier to create a new custom TCU or modify an existing one with custom software/firmware. In the end it's just shift solenoids, force motors, and speed sensors.

In the end, if we can't adjust line pressures, shift times, etc., the greater friction area and stronger parts won't get us very far.

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black
(#46)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 04-03-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
This sounds great and all, but there's one big flaw... They say they're updating our TCU's.

#1 our TCU's are highly encrypted and no one else in the world has been able to crack them. Bench flashing isn't that helpful because it still checks the RSA hash every single startup, they would have to do extensive rewriting of the bootloader with no knowledge of the code, this would take a top top level programmer, like black hat hacker status almost. Way outside the wheelhouse of any car shop or tuner. Maybe they know an extremely talented programmer. (Bypassing the RSA is the only way forward, and is what was done with our DME)

#2 if you can dump both the bootloader (and modify it to remove RSA hash check) and then program/rom from the TCU, there is zero reference as to the layout of the tables in the program section. You'll be looking at a sea of hexadecimal with no reference of where to start or what does what. It would be like trying to proofread a book in a language you don't speak. Remember everything spits out as hexadecimal you need to figure out the conversion formula to make it readable data. (but you have no idea what kind of values it should be converting to, because there's no reference as to what does what) Then once it's readable data you have no idea what any of the tables do or where the x and y axis for the table are. (Guaranteed the x and y axis data will be in another location in the ROM because tables share axis's) it would be a monumental and even a bit of luck would have to be involved to figure out what to change.

Also this software was developed by BMW, they don't use the standard ZF software. So a leak is pretty damn unlikely. Without a leak were flying extremely blind.

Edit: for transparency there is one small source of data you can generate and compare the 4 or 5 existing trans flashes but the changes between them are minimal and honestly there's no guarantee that the line pressure tables were changed. The line pressure tables are what they really need to find. And they need to find one other function's toggle (next to impossible), but I want to see if they know yet, here's a hint it's the same thing that prevents the lvl 10 valve body from working. (Their only solid upgrade product IMO)

Is this something a BMW dealership would have or would it have to come straight from BMW?
(#47)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 04-03-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90gone
Is this something a BMW dealership would have or would it have to come straight from BMW?

(#48)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-03-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90gone
Every BMW dealership receptionist can give you this information!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#49)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 04-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Hey guys i am from Australia and heavily involved in the hardware side of the upgrades for these transmissions with Nizpro.
Here are a few shots of the billet input and intermediate shafts Nizpro has ready for the HP19/21.
I will post some more info tonite and show some differences between these and our HP26 stuff and many of the weaknesses that have been identified in the HP19.

Input shafts

Back of input shaft with custom bronze bush

Intermedite shaft with upgraded billet basket

Last edited by ZF 335i; 04-03-2016 at 06:49 PM..
(#50)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 04-03-2016, 06:52 PM

Will you also be making the billet pan for the HP19 too?

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/EOS BILLET FUEL SETUP/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST