N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-04-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnapier
Maybe this has been answered already but this thread is long and excuse my ignorance but with stage 2 hybrids can you just run pump gas, no e85, no port injection, no upgraded lpfp? My stock turbos are going and I ordered hybrids because it just didn't make sense to me to order stock, figure i may as well upgrade now, giving me more options add more power in the future. I currently run jb4 with back end flash on map 5 on my stock turbos. Also, when you say for e85, at a minimum you need to run stage 1 lpfp, does that mean in conjuction with port injection or tbi? I'm thinking about upgrading to to your stage 2 lpfp & running your meth injection with an e85 blend, port injection seems to intimidating to me. Is this a route I could go? I'm assuming it is because the wording says "for e85, no meth, port injection is required" so to me that sounds like it can be either or? Thanks.
You'll first be limited by the LPFP, so you'll want to upgrade that if you're looking for more power and blending ethanol mixes.

Next up would be PI for higher power and full e85

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#552)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default Low boost issues - 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM

Having issues making boost. Logs show it not gaining boost until 4-5k rpm, and even then only a max of 13psi.

Randomly, it will hit very hard in 1st and 2nd gear after being run for a bit.

TD04-17t Hybrid Turbos
Inlets
Chargepipe w/BOV
JB4/MHD
93oct w/ 40% E85
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200724_0838.csv (13.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv 200724_0842.csv (14.2 KB, 37 views)
(#553)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 05:21 PM

WGDC is up boost is low, do the vacuum line test first!

N54 WG Vacuum Line Testing HOW-TO - YouTube

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#554)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default BEF. Can I? - 08-16-2020, 01:13 PM

Can I temporarily use a hybrid bef with a stock fuel pump and map sensor?
(#555)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 08-24-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Basic setup notes:

1) Larger than OEM turbos require a back end flash map to be loaded via the BB free software or MHD software.

2) You'll need a 3.5bar TMAP sensor to allow proper boost control above the 20psi factory TMAP sensor limit. The required adapter and part number are both here: http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

3) We strongly suggest a BMS OCC, BMS vacuum side OCC or replacement PCV, and a high flow inlet system with larger turbos.

4) Use the flash map that most appropriately matches the octane to be used. For pump gas no meth use PUMP, for pump gas with meth or light E85 or race gas mixtures use RACE, and for 40% E85 or more use E85 HYBRID map.

5) For E85, no meth, TBI or port injection is required to supplement the high pressure fuel system. At a minimum Fuel-IT Stage1 low pressure upgrade is required and in most cases with E85 a Fuel-IT Stage3 low pressure upgrade is suggested.

6) Larger turbos require special duty bias adjustments to get boost on target. Note default settings below as a starting point. FUD/Options bit6 (disable RPM FF gain) must be turned on. Duty bias starts at 50 and ramps up to 68 at 7000rpm. This profile is a good starting point for all hybrid turbos.

7) We suggest starting with a lower map like map 2 to evaluate boost control and then working up from there.

...Will add more as we have it! Feel free to direct any hybrid turbo tuning questions to this thread and Steve, Jon, or myself will answer.

Hello,

I did my first official test run with my 17T turbos, and had some issues, I had error code 2ABC on map 6.

So I bought my N20 sensor from FCP Euro and the adaptor from BMS, I set the user settings as suggested via Bluetooth app. I had previously done the PUMP BEF via MHD.

If I run map 4, car runs strong. On map 2, I keep getting boost over target issues.

Here is the log for the runs. Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M2_R5_200824_1911.csv (237.2 KB, 21 views)

2007 335i ~ Atmosphere CCV ~ CCV Head Ports Sealed ~ 2.5 Custom Exhaust ~ Fiber Wrapped P ~ 25x12x4 FMIC ~ Custom 2.5in Chargepipes ~ T-Bolts Clamps ~ Synapse BOV ~ K&N Intakes on Pass/Side ~ NCI S1 Coilovers ~ MFactory LSD ~ Michelin PSS ~

Watch my videos here.
(#556)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 09-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Hi guys,

experiencing fuel trim variance, injectors are OK and all 4 02sensor are new
FBO+ MMP1K and 535walbro bucketless

https://***********/u/ludovic-poviac/new-02-0
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M6_R1_MMP1K_200924_080915_0.csv (20.7 KB, 14 views)
(#557)
Old

Car: 135i e82
Default Keep getting thrown into map 4 - 09-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Help, I keep getting thrown into map 4. I am FBO stage 2 DAW turbos, stage 2 lpfp. I installed the pump bef and copied the settings from your guide but for some reason I keep getting kicked into map 4. Ive tried map 1 and map 5 but no luck. I would of logged more but my jb4 bluetooth cut out. It worked perfect yesterday after install but today the bluetooth started slowly losing connection until it eventually quit working all together.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 1 map 5 log.csv (78.1 KB, 13 views)
(#558)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 09-26-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc3
Help, I keep getting thrown into map 4. I am FBO stage 2 DAW turbos, stage 2 lpfp. I installed the pump bef and copied the settings from your guide but for some reason I keep getting kicked into map 4. Ive tried map 1 and map 5 but no luck. I would of logged more but my jb4 bluetooth cut out. It worked perfect yesterday after install but today the bluetooth started slowly losing connection until it eventually quit working all together.
U missed fud/ option 6
(#559)
Old

Car: 135i e82
Default 09-27-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
U missed fud/ option 6
Ok I changed it. Here are a few logs from this evening. Does everything look ok?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R4_200926_1829.csv (78.1 KB, 16 views)
(#560)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 09-29-2020, 11:19 AM

i'm running MMP1K on 91us pump gas, which BEf should i use @terry @ BMS
(#561)
Old

Car: f10
Default Bmw 335is - 10-23-2020, 01:09 AM

Bmw 335is fbo+ meth + pureturbo hf
How many whp we can get with jb4 tune ?
Can do 700whp
(#562)
Old

Car: E92
Default 10-23-2020, 11:27 AM

Inlets, down pipe , 450 walbro, ID 12's, 5" IC, MHD, what else do I need to run 19t's or similar? looking for 500whp roughly.