N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 04:43 PM

FUD = 7 logs load instead of low fuel pressure. Dutycycle is WGDC. Don't have load requested currently just boost requested.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: e82
Default 03-16-2015, 07:38 PM

Interested in option B, can you send me firmware?
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 07:43 PM

Email me for the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
FUD = 7 logs load instead of low fuel pressure. Dutycycle is WGDC. Don't have load requested currently just boost requested.
load requested, boost setpoint & MAF requested airflow would be amazing and you could likely get a lot of Cobb users to buy the JB4 strictly for the hijacking and 2nd gear limiter functions... it's just hard to tune standalone without those logging parameters for people who don't like jb4 boost control for whatever reason.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 08:24 PM

Boost set point and actual boost are there as well as load. I don't see the purpose of MAF and load target. But if you need those just log them in map 0 using option B. When there are 100-200 people running this setup I'll reevaluate the needs and better tailor the firmware to those needs.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2015, 11:51 AM

Found and fixed a small bug in option B when using the 3.5bar TMAP sensor. But still waiting for logs on either option before we post the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 03-21-2015, 11:56 AM

I've run both of the new firmware options but the mobile app and Windows app are having trouble detecting the jb4. I get serial port not available error 99% of the time with the flash firmware. The gauge only firmware worked fine but I never tried logging with that as I used the obd port to log.

(#33)
Old

Default 03-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Are there log files from either of the apps that I can send you?

Or would those go to donnie?

Another possibility is that my USB wire is shot.

(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
I've run both of the new firmware options but the mobile app and Windows app are having trouble detecting the jb4. I get serial port not available error 99% of the time with the flash firmware. The gauge only firmware worked fine but I never tried logging with that as I used the obd port to log.
There are no communication changes in the firmwares so whatever is going on with yours won't be related. Maybe a cable issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 04:07 PM

The windows version can connect as I had to load the new firmware several times but the mobile app won't. I have tried a ton of otg cables and checked the USB wire for issue and didn't notice any bad connections.

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2015, 06:27 PM

Hmm not sure on that. But, there are no interface changes between the JB4 firmwares. So I don't think it's related to the gauge only specific firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 06:46 PM

Yeah my USB cable is shot, time to uninstall the jb4 so I can log with the MHD

Was loving the firmware options too, guessing you can't mail me a USB cord because I live in CA?

(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2015, 07:46 PM

BMS DATA cables can ship within CA.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 03-23-2015, 09:52 AM

i wanted to email you for the firmware and had a few questions but i couldn't find your email here or on the bms website.
thanks
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2015, 10:18 AM

For any questions, use this thread. On the test firmware I'll add it to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 03-23-2015, 12:19 PM

whats the difference of running the mhd e40 map with the jb4 still connected in say map 0? set to 4/3 where jb4 uses the higher of the 2 boost targets?

or do i have to use A or B as described in the first post and why? i should have my inpa cable tomorrow an i am one of the beta testers but have not installed anything because i have been waiting 2 and a 1/2 weeks for the cable. i am currently jb4 g5 iso fbo 2010 135i 6mt with Steveaz 255 in line pump and bms e85 back end flash
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2015, 01:37 PM

With the JB4 set to map 0 on the existing firmware you can't datalog via the OBDII port.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 03-24-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
Option B is cool, flash in map 0, do any wgdc logging you need in map 0 and then switch to map 1 for gauges etc in dash...

Or once you have your boost control mapped out well through the flash side of things, move to option A and you can take advantage of the 1st & 2nd gear boost control through the JB4 because 19psi in 2nd gear is not fun on street tires.... Well, I take that back, it's fun.... not safe LOL.

Thanks for the new firmware Terry, loving it so far!

Is there any way to log load, load requested / other WGDC tuning parameters with the JB4? If that were possible many more people would keep the JB4 who use flash tuning I'd imagine.
Well for anyone like me running meth you definitely need the jb4 in there to control and adjust the flow accordingly. Just no way around it with flash only stuff. And you do need meth if you want to make consistent power in the summer time heat.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf DP/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#44)
Old

Default 03-24-2015, 02:38 PM

JB4 reads some logging data from can bus and

boost, hpfp press, accel pedal directly from the sensors

would it be possible to modify the option B firmware so that the JB4 reads all the data from CAN? (similar to cantool)

In this way it would be possible for newcomers with flash only tune to connect the JB4 in the car (glove box, or on the OBD port) using only 4 wires +12v ground can+ can-

I have already connected the JB4 in this way, it logs the data from OBD but boost and pedal are missing, clears codes, resets adaptations fine

This would be very convenient avoiding to open the dme box to install it, many new customers would jump to a logging JB4 that connects directly to the OBD port (or tap in the can wires running near the glove box fuses) in seconds
(#45)
Old

Default 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118
JB4 reads some logging data from can bus and

boost, hpfp press, accel pedal directly from the sensors

would it be possible to modify the option B firmware so that the JB4 reads all the data from CAN? (similar to cantool)

In this way it would be possible for newcomers with flash only tune to connect the JB4 in the car (glove box, or on the OBD port) using only 4 wires +12v ground can+ can-

I have already connected the JB4 in this way, it logs the data from OBD but boost and pedal are missing, clears codes, resets adaptations fine

This would be very convenient avoiding to open the dme box to install it, many new customers would jump to a logging JB4 that connects directly to the OBD port (or tap in the can wires running near the glove box fuses) in seconds
Would LOVE this

(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM

We would need to basically develop a new product for that. I just don't see what the market would be. Flash tuners would log via OBDII port. And in terms of the DME area it's easier to install a PNP harness there than to pull apart the glove box and access the wires behind it.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 03-25-2015, 05:46 AM

is it so difficult to modify the firmware so that it reads boost, pedal and HPFP from the CAN?

you could then make an ODB cable like the cantool, but with the db25 connector to plug on the JB4
but maybe via ODB CAN some functions like steering command aren't working...

all the customers that already posses a JB4 but out of the car because went to Flash, would buy this 20$ cable and log via OBD. it is a small business opportunity...

it is 100 times easier to remove the glove box fuse cover plate tap in 2 can wires, rather than dismount the crowl, the dme box, route usb cable, connect the big black connector etc...
(#48)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 03-25-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
is it so difficult to modify the firmware so that it reads boost, pedal and HPFP from the CAN?
People are going to buy a JB4 to give them features that you can't get flash only. Nobody is going to buy one just to log data (that can already be done without a JB4).
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:

you could then make an ODB cable like the cantool, but with the db25 connector to plug on the JB4
but maybe via ODB CAN some functions like steering command aren't working...

all the customers that already posses a JB4 but out of the car because went to Flash, would buy this 20$ cable and log via OBD. it is a small business opportunity...

it is 100 times easier to remove the glove box fuse cover plate tap in 2 can wires, rather than dismount the crowl, the dme box, route usb cable, connect the big black connector etc...
I don't know what the cost vs. ROI would be on something like that. The major cost would be on the support side, I imagine. Having to explain to customers what it is, why we make it, and whether or not they need it. That aside I don't see much demand either. I think the demand for the flash only customer is going to be on the feature side. To that end I'd rather spend the engineering time developing new and innovative features to appeal to would be flash only customers as I'm confident the demand will be there. But if 100 people suddenly chime in wanting to buy an OBDII tool that logs via the JB4 interface I'm listening.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM

Terry, can option B take advantage of the 2-step and meth control?

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- Built Closed-Deck N55, SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374C, MHD Flash, xHP Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
----------------------------------------------------
16 Audi S6 - APR Stage 2 ECU/TCU flash, APR Exhaust, SRM Intakes