N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Using the JB4 N54 for logging & gauges only - 03-11-2015, 08:13 PM

NOTE Starting with JB4 N54 v32.2 firmware there is now a built in gauges only option under option 4/4 in dash. See JB4 firmware notes for additional details and directions.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 6MT
Default 03-11-2015, 08:18 PM

One of the big reasons BMS is where they are today . Constant development from user feedback . Good work terry
(#3)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 03-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Isn't mapp 0 a straight through map for mac11 firmware already? Allowing obd logging and no JB interference already? Correct me if I'm missing something.

10'135i Alpine White M-Sport M/T 827HP 707TQ@32lbs
Motiv 900 - Tial BOV/Wastegate - Big Tom Intercooler - FuelIt! Stage 3+ - MHD Custom Flash - Haltech PS1000 - Motiv Port Injection/Twin Disc - BMS OCC - Kosei - 275/40/17 NT05R's
10'135i Black A/T - 580WHP 540WTQ (11.51@134MPH 2.1 60')
(#4)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 03-11-2015, 10:17 PM

YES!! THANK YOU! I have been trying to get the jb4 completely out of the mix and just have the flash for tuning and the jb for all of the other misc features.

Much appreciated

2008 e61 535xit: VTT GCs, Fuel-it PI, fuelab FPR w/ return line, stage 2 lpfp, fuelab "700" inline pump, RB external PCV, VRSF 7.5" race FMIC, Inlets, outlet, AR ***, 3" chargepiping, 3" exhaust, JB4, BMS PI controller
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 03-11-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstryker
YES!! THANK YOU! I have been trying to get the jb4 completely out of the mix and just have the flash for tuning and the jb for all of the other misc features.

Much appreciated
Its a bummer that it can't be switched on the fly though

2008 e61 535xit: VTT GCs, Fuel-it PI, fuelab FPR w/ return line, stage 2 lpfp, fuelab "700" inline pump, RB external PCV, VRSF 7.5" race FMIC, Inlets, outlet, AR ***, 3" chargepiping, 3" exhaust, JB4, BMS PI controller
(#6)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 03-12-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
4) Maps3+ function as normal and ignore your flash boost targets.
Does this effect fuel or timing? Or is it strictly maps 3+ jb4 boost targets?

Would I have to uninstall my flash for maps 3+ to avoid adding fuel or timing twice?

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgturbo2012
Isn't mapp 0 a straight through map for mac11 firmware already? Allowing obd logging and no JB interference already? Correct me if I'm missing something.
Correct. And with a single turbo you'll get the WG spring boost. With OEM style turbos you'll get zero boost.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot
Does this effect fuel or timing? Or is it strictly maps 3+ jb4 boost targets?

Would I have to uninstall my flash for maps 3+ to avoid adding fuel or timing twice?
There are too many variables to give a good answer. Assuming you zero out the JB4 AFR column you'll get the JB4 boost target on top of whatever timing and fuel ratios are mapped out in your flash for that boost target. Unless, the JB4 boost target exceeds your flash boost target, in which case the flash targets will clamp.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 03-13-2015, 01:52 PM

Why the hell did this take so long great work Terry, saw this in a note from Alex yesterday. We can now make some really badass backend flashes
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2015, 08:55 PM

Still looking for more firmware testers!

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-13-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Still looking for more firmware testers!
Firmware is loaded but roads have been wet so unfortunately no logs to show yet.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#12)
Old

Default 03-13-2015, 10:15 PM

Just got my car out. I'll test.

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Firmware is loaded but roads have been wet so unfortunately no logs to show yet.
NP!

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 03-14-2015, 04:18 PM

How do I get the firmware? Do you email it? I'll test for you.

(#15)
Old

Car: '07 335i e92
Default 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM

This is good news Terry. Thanks for finally getting this done.
(#16)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 03-14-2015, 10:32 PM

if doing option b will the jb4 still be able to control PI and or meth injection

2009 BMW 335I with: MHD/Haltech,
precision 6870 turbo, jp Workz header,
Wagner EVO II intercooler,HKS exhaust with cutouts, stage 3 lpfp, wavtech lsd, eospeed intake manifold with fuel return and 60lb injectors
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjermen
if doing option b will the jb4 still be able to control PI and or meth injection
It can turn on the methanol pump and datalog methanol flow but can't do any tuning with that data.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 03-15-2015, 10:48 AM

ok so i would have to setup the flow and the fuel cycle. Will this be the same for port injection?

2009 BMW 335I with: MHD/Haltech,
precision 6870 turbo, jp Workz header,
Wagner EVO II intercooler,HKS exhaust with cutouts, stage 3 lpfp, wavtech lsd, eospeed intake manifold with fuel return and 60lb injectors
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2015, 11:02 AM

Right now port injection isn't connected to the jb4.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM

Terry, will something similar be offered for n55s running jb4 ISO?
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM

Nothing planned for that right now, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 03-16-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot
Just got my car out. I'll test.
Does anyone have a copy of this firmware they can send me?

(#23)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 03-16-2015, 03:29 PM

For my setup: FBO E60 Meth, if I wanted to run a Wedge flash but keep the JB4 controlling Meth flow I would want to use option A and either map 1 or 2. I used to stack Wedge/JB4 but Ken always complained that the JB4 was interfering. With this option A he won't have these same tuning problems? I know the JB4 still controls boost but it's different now..
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM

Option B if you plan to tune duty cycle, etc, via the flash side of things.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 04:41 PM

Option B is cool, flash in map 0, do any wgdc logging you need in map 0 and then switch to map 1 for gauges etc in dash...

Or once you have your boost control mapped out well through the flash side of things, move to option A and you can take advantage of the 1st & 2nd gear boost control through the JB4 because 19psi in 2nd gear is not fun on street tires.... Well, I take that back, it's fun.... not safe LOL.

Thanks for the new firmware Terry, loving it so far!

Is there any way to log load, load requested / other WGDC tuning parameters with the JB4? If that were possible many more people would keep the JB4 who use flash tuning I'd imagine.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned