N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80m4rocks
Terry! ran into a big problem, i tried update this thing via jb4 software and once i connected to com3 (correct port for me) and clicked update firmware and loaded the hex, i got an error saying "unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you quit the application will close" i clicked continue and it just stayed at loaded hex forever. so i clicked disconnect and now it wont connect anymore saying failedcom3, even tho that the right port. the module not working at all anymore what am i suppose to do??
No worries just keep trying until you get it to update. May need to unplug and replug it back in, etc. If you need addl assistance feel free to email in.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 02-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No worries just keep trying until you get it to update. May need to unplug and replug it back in, etc. If you need addl assistance feel free to email in.
Ok should i just wait until it connects or even if it says failscom3 upload the firmware anyways?
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2015, 02:07 PM

Ando has been doing updates in car. I do most of mine on the test bench. Anyway I think he said he had to keep the ignition off for it to update. Or mabye ignition on. Try both ways. Eventually somehow you'll be able to connect and restart the firmware update.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Car: 2015 mineral gray m4
Default 02-24-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Ando has been doing updates in car. I do most of mine on the test bench. Anyway I think he said he had to keep the ignition off for it to update. Or mabye ignition on. Try both ways. Eventually somehow you'll be able to connect and restart the firmware update.
Got it working, thanks! basically had to disconnect for obd module and in the settings screen i read the dme codes, then plugged it back in and it gave me an error that the firmware was messed up and to reload it. uploaded and works great!

Will post a more detailed review soon, its still daylight, but the led halos looks freaking awesome with the headlamps on!
and the in boost gauge is fun..and makes me waste a lot of gas.. haha
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2015, 03:04 PM

Sounds good, glad you got it sorted.

Burger Motorsports

(#56)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM

What happens is when it fails to load the firmware it also deletes the current firmware on it. So you are left without any firmware.

If disconnecting from OBD port and re-connecting doesn't work just turn off the car lock the doors and come back in 10-15min.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#57)
Old

Car: F83
Default 02-26-2015, 05:28 PM

I am about to place my order for one of these..
but I saw on the first page it says Active Sound Mute and flap open and closed.

Does this mean that if you set it to anything but oem flap then it will disable the Active Sound in the interior?

Can I control the flap and leave active sound as it is? (I can already disable it via coding)

Thanks
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2015, 05:29 PM

If you don't change menu 1 & 2 then there will be no change to active sound. If it's already been coded off any setting change you make will be ignored anyway.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 02-26-2015, 05:36 PM

ooh ok I thought menu 1 and 2 replaced the BC stick and you had to disable it to use the flap.

Alright awesome I am going to make my order now
(#60)
Old

Default 02-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Just made my order for the module, cable, and expedited shipping to canada. Can you email me the firmware ahead of time, cant wait to try it out!

Thanks
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2015, 05:56 PM

The units are shipping with the latest beta firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 02-26-2015, 06:40 PM

sweeeeet even better can plug it in as soon as I get it! You guys are in cali, so I might see it monday if you get it out tom :D

I am an automation engineer/QA for a software company, so I will be up for some thorough testing on any new features you may have and a detailed report of how the current beta works for my F83 M4.

Looking forward to efficient fuel map with exhaust open for daily cruisin and boost guage
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2015, 06:44 PM

OK sounds good!

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM

Did you guys happen to get it shipped today?
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal
Did you guys happen to get it shipped today?
I was in earlier and saw the OBDII box was half as full as it was a couple days ago so I'd presume so. But for any order related questions you'd have to email the office.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 02-27-2015, 05:00 PM

Has anyone confirmed this can disable active sound on F30/F32?
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2015, 05:17 PM

Sorry, I haven't had time to follow up on that. Hopefully next week I'll have Jason bring our 435 in to test to see if the active sound module is present and if this disables it.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 335i Sport Line
Default 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM

Can you please send me the latest firmware, I ordered it on Feb 21, 2015 and it seems I received mine with the old firmware.

I also notice that the my blinkers does not flash at all but I can hear the exhaust value opening and closing! Any ideas why ?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2015, 09:11 AM

The latest firmware is in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Default 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM

It seems that I received a defective device. I tried to connect from two different computers without any luck, check the screenshot below.

Any idea?
Attached Images

(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM

BMS USB cable right?

Try it with the engine on as well as the engine off. If you need help then just email the issue in to techs upport.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Default 03-04-2015, 11:17 AM

After plugging and unplugging and plug again the OBDII port I finally managed to connect and update!
Thanks for the help :D:D:D
(#73)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfardan
After plugging and unplugging and plug again the OBDII port I finally managed to connect and update!
Thanks for the help :D:D:D
Yup that is what I am going through also.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#74)
Old

Default 03-04-2015, 06:41 PM

got mine in today! works awesome, efficient mode with flap opoen and active sound on sounds the same in any sport mode and flap closed with active sound off is super quiet. love it.

angel eye mod working as well as boost guage.

so if its 0-25 then 50% on my fuel guage is something like 12.5 lbs of boost?

Terry are you able to trigger anything related to MSA systems (auto shutdown and restart) id love to be able to flag all the conditions to have the car enter Ready mode, at will. reverse parkng for example will deactivate it from turning off. I feel like anytime the car is idling for more then 10 seconds it should satisfy conditions for auto off (if not in sequential or manual override button is not pushed) but would be awesome to be able to push and hold the autostartstop button and have that put the car in off-Ready mode, waiting for break release to fire up.

great work man awesome product
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2015, 08:50 PM

The software posted has the range from 0-20psi, assuming you don't have a piggyback in place.

As far as future features. Who knows what the future holds. Open to any ideas but some of what we'd like to do isn't necessarily technically possible.

Burger Motorsports