N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 09-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We actually have 7 sets near ready (machine complete this weekend). Just like with any other option these are for "testing' and should not be considered general availability (2 sets are spoken for from testers) or pre-sold before said testing.

The big difference here vs. what else is going on out there is that these are developed to be tested as they will be produced (ie. not tested with a large disparity over how they will actually be produced).

Guaranteed largest turbine ever stuffed into these N54 housings and a very well matched billet compressor.

Rob
I am hoping this reference is not referring to us, the turbos we tested will be available exactly as tested. As far as your post up top, I am glad you think you have knowledge of our goings on based on what you read on the internet, your info is pretty far of base. Not to start this up again, but you do remember telling everyone the thrust upgrade, billet wheels were a waste of money, and that your turbos could not be improved upon etc. We get along fine now a days, lets keep it that way and not have you throwing out information that is fictitious and off base. Stuffing a larger turbine in there is going to increase spool but not much in the way or gains do to the AR of the turbine housing, don't ask me how I know, but looking forward to your results, we accept any dyno challenge, drag race challenge, roll race challenge, durability challenge, etc. We are happy to put our turbos side to side against yours in any venue you can think of...

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#27)
Old

Default 09-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700
I was about to pull the trigger on RB turbos and knowing the install was literally "bolt on" and play (with my G5 JB4 and pump flash) i could just run the turbos and call it a day.

Now im curious as to what i all need to run these instead of the normal stage 2s. I know i need a 3.5 Bar tmap sensor 25$ no big deal. Anything else i need? Will i need to get a custom tune, if so how can i get one? Otherwise i would love to just run the e85 flash with G5 JB4. I know im going to have to upgrade my suspension, LSD, and trans, charge pipe soon but thats besides the point. Anything else i should consider?

Anyone able to help me out?
with large e85 mixtures, and no upgraded hpfp, you would start running out of fuel if you dont have meth or are not using race fuel. just load the bms st back end flash like terry suggested (designed for higher boost 22-30 psi) and crank her up.

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#28)
Old

Default 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
We actually have 7 sets near ready (machine complete this weekend). Just like with any other option these are for "testing' and should not be considered general availability (2 sets are spoken for from testers) or pre-sold before said testing.

The big difference here vs. what else is going on out there is that these are developed to be tested as they will be produced (ie. not tested with a large disparity over how they will actually be produced).

Guaranteed largest turbine ever stuffed into these N54 housings and a very well matched billet compressor.

Rob
Oh, you will start shipping these first!
(#29)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-04-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
I am hoping this reference is not referring to us, the turbos we tested will be available exactly as tested. As far as your post up top, I am glad you think you have knowledge of our goings on based on what you read on the internet, your info is pretty far of base. Not to start this up again, but you do remember telling everyone the thrust upgrade, billet wheels were a waste of money, and that your turbos could not be improved upon etc. We get along fine now a days, lets keep it that way and not have you throwing out information that is fictitious and off base. Stuffing a larger turbine in there is going to increase spool but not much in the way or gains do to the AR of the turbine housing, don't ask me how I know, but looking forward to your results, we accept any dyno challenge, drag race challenge, roll race challenge, durability challenge, etc. We are happy to put our turbos side to side against yours in any venue you can think of...
Challenge accepted.

BTW, you said it yourself that the units you are running now are the units lent to Dzenno (BB thread posted in prior post which illustrates them as ASR units which we both know are extensively modified with a very large turbine). Again these are the units you lent to Dzenno in the link provided above, and mention recently as using again below.

Our belief is that you will stand your ground on the matter and insinuate this is incorrect, consider this as an attack, etc. But it is very clear it is the case and also you will not be able to run that wheel in the housings as you develop them with the TD03 interface, very reminiscent of your Stage 2 batch 1 debacle. In a nutshell, your production units (as disclosed) will be a far cry from what is on your car now. But whatever, in about 60+ days your customers will figure that out.

But if you can think of a clever way to prove me wrong I will paypal you $100 (todays newspaper in front of your turbos installed on the car showing turbine housing interface maybe? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
We will announce everything tomorrow, including pricing, estimated ship times, (not long), and results.These are the results we expected when we built these units a while back. We actually had these housings machined in 2012 for the bigger TD04 comp wheels, and they have literally sat on the shelf except when I let Dzenno use them, then we decided to put them on the car a couple weeks ago after we were 100% sure we had maxed out the 15T's, the fact that someone put something similar on a car and made decent numbers before we had a chance to test is just bad timing. I am just happy to show all the believers in magic and "tricks" that there is no such thing, there is the laws of physics, and fluid dynamics at work, nothing more. We solidly beat the numbers, and this was done on low timing, a fuel issue, and medium boost, we will get it resolved and get back on the dyno and make more in the next few days.
bnk, yes we have 2 decked out sets shipping this weekend.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I was about to pull the trigger on RB turbos and knowing the install was literally "bolt on" and play (with my G5 JB4 and pump flash) i could just run the turbos and call it a day with 93 oct. or 50/50 e85/93.

Now im curious as to what i all need to run these instead of the normal stage 2s. I know i need a 3.5 Bar tmap sensor 25$ no big deal. Anything else i need? Will i need to get a custom tune, if so how can i get one? Otherwise i would love to just run the e85 flash with G5 JB4. I know im going to have to upgrade my suspension, LSD, and trans, charge pipe soon but thats besides the point. Anything else i should consider? Never planning on running 100% E85 but might use up to 50/50 E85 and 93...

Anyone able to help me out?
With E50 you'll be limited to ~500rw based on fueling IMHO. For more than that you'll need meth or the Vargas upgraded high pressure pump they are testing now.

On the JB4 end it's all basic stuff.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 09-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Theres nothing to speculate, bigger better quality parts that hold boost and flow more = more power. just because it wasnt done didnt mean it wasnt possible.

LOL nothing to speculate at all

e92
(#32)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-04-2014, 12:37 PM

These are very exciting days for the N54!!!

(#33)
Old

Default 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Challenge accepted.

BTW, you said it yourself that the units you are running now are the units lent to Dzenno (BB thread posted in prior post which illustrates them as ASR units which we both know are extensively modified with a very large turbine). Again these are the units you lent to Dzenno in the link provided above, and mention recently as using again below.

Our belief is that you will stand your ground on the matter and insinuate this is incorrect, consider this as an attack, etc. But it is very clear it is the case and also you will not be able to run that wheel in the housings as you develop them with the TD03 interface, very reminiscent of your Stage 2 batch 1 debacle. In a nutshell, your production units (as disclosed) will be a far cry from what is on your car now. But whatever, in about 60+ days your customers will figure that out.

But if you can think of a clever way to prove me wrong I will paypal you $100 (todays newspaper in front of your turbos installed on the car showing turbine housing interface maybe? )

How much is the difference in between the ASR and VTT turbine housings in whp?

Last edited by bnk; 09-04-2014 at 01:33 PM..
(#34)
Old
Legend

Car: 2007 bmw 335i e90 auto
Default 09-04-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With E50 you'll be limited to ~500rw based on fueling IMHO. For more than that you'll need meth or the Vargas upgraded high pressure pump they are testing now.

On the JB4 end it's all basic stuff.
So basically im maxed out on RB turbos using 50% E85 at 500whp!

More money to "go fast parts" list i guess...

BMW 335i
RB's 550whp
2000 Camry
2000 LS1 T56 Camaro

Koenigsegg Agera R - SOLD
Lamborghini Huracan - SOLD
2014 Bugatti Veyron - SOLD
2012 Ferrari 458 Italia - SOLD
(#35)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Default 09-04-2014, 01:11 PM

(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
So basically im maxed out on RB turbos using 50% E85 at 500whp!

More money to "go fast parts" list i guess...
Meth or an upgraded high pressure pump next.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#37)
Old
Legend

Car: 2007 bmw 335i e90 auto
Default 09-04-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Meth or an upgraded high pressure pump next.
Well easier said than done! So far on the list within the next month or two

Turbos
LPFP
HPFP
LSD
Charge Pipe
Transmission build and the list goes on.....

BMW 335i
RB's 550whp
2000 Camry
2000 LS1 T56 Camaro

Koenigsegg Agera R - SOLD
Lamborghini Huracan - SOLD
2014 Bugatti Veyron - SOLD
2012 Ferrari 458 Italia - SOLD
(#38)
Old

Car: 2009 bmw 335i / alpine white
Default 09-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Subscribed ! I can't wait to see the final results

2009 bmw 335i , FBO ,
(#39)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Challenge accepted.

+1
(#40)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I hear some new stuff is in the works on the RB front.
You better believe it is!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#41)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
The tuning on large stock frame twins will be a piece of cake. Just load the single turbo flash to start which is designed for 22-30psi boost levels, the JB4 w/ 3.5 bar TMAP sensor, and shoot me some logs, so we can work on dedicated maps.
You will have logs soon

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#42)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 09-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
You will have logs soon
damn Rob, you one of the ones getting it this weekend? lol
(#43)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-04-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenvn
damn Rob, you one of the ones getting it this weekend? lol
sure am!

(#44)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Rob
it is shocking honestly!

(#45)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 09-04-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
sure am!
Awesome, can't wait to see some logs from you! Did you sell your old ones yet? Let me know if you can have Rob upgrade them and sell to me =p
(#46)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 09-05-2014, 04:49 AM

I love my RB's, been running solid since 2012. So Rob, are you saying that my RB's can be upgraded?

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless DP's / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#47)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-05-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenvn
Awesome, can't wait to see some logs from you! Did you sell your old ones yet? Let me know if you can have Rob upgrade them and sell to me =p
he used my old ones.

(#48)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-05-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
I love my RB's, been running solid since 2012. So Rob, are you saying that my RB's can be upgraded?
In a big way

(#49)
Old

Default 09-05-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
In a big way
hmmmmm lol

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#50)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-05-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
RB's can easily be upgraded as they are already adapted for true TD04 interface. This allows the access of much larger turbine wheels than others. Anyone using turbine housings that have been truly re-adapted have in their hands A LOT of work and cost, which is why our product has been a little more expensive to purchase than some others (and exponentially more expensive to produce). My advice would be that if you have any of the following housings to cherish them, keep them close… they are worth a lot as they are the only ones that are truly re-adapted:
1) RB Turbos
2) Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 Turbos
3) ASR Turbos

The rest have a massive limitation of what wheel can be put in the housing, and are thus back to the drawing board if ever wanting to make good power and flow out of them.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.