N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 10-14-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
OK made some addl firmware changes. If using the BB back end flash sure to update that as well. I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.

PS. No update to the Cobb maps at this time but I may do a final update and post them shortly.
This mean I can't run 27.5 in the 335IS with the COBB back end?

BTW car is in the shop no logs till the end of the week.

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#202)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
This mean I can't run 27.5 in the 335IS with the COBB back end?

BTW car is in the shop no logs till the end of the week.
Nope. 27.5 works with all flash versions including stock. If using the BMS free flash, update it first though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#203)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 10-14-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
The problem with Cobb is they won't unlock our maps so anyone can open them. I'll try emailing them again on that.
I'll harass Josh myself for this to happen!

PS: Cobb backend flashes are 100% perfect on my car, as they were always for me. I'm really gonna stick to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" this time around.

No tranny weirdness, no throttle oscillations, still on 26.2. Any issues with that stuff IMO are on the flash side and not the JB4 side.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#204)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM

See flash notes. A correction was recently made.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#205)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
OK made some addl firmware changes. If using the BB back end flash sure to update that as well. I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.

PS. No update to the Cobb maps at this time but I may do a final update and post them shortly.
Not sure if it does you any good now, but I just emailed you some 27.4 logs.
(#206)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 10-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Ran 27.5 on the 335is DCT with a BMS flash. Map6 - 93/10 - 50/50 fuel mix. Was smooth & strong with no hiccups. Run was quick in 3rd & the log has been sent in. Add-ons FMIC + DCI. Have a BMS charge pipe on order, blew the stock one off.

Hope to get a multi-gear log soon

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#207)
Old
09' 135i JB4

Car: BMW 135i
Send a message via Skype™ to Jcpierc21
Default 10-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Does the G5 come w/ the latest software or will I still have to download and install it?

2009 Alpina White 135i M-Sport
Trans: Auto
Tune: JB4
Intercooler: ETS
Exhaust: AA
DP: AA
BOV: AA
Intake: AFE
Catch can: BMS
Strut brace: Cusco
Tail lights: LCI Blackline LED
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Units are shipping with 27.5 currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old
09' 135i JB4

Car: BMW 135i
Send a message via Skype™ to Jcpierc21
Default 10-21-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Units are shipping with 27.5 currently.
Thank you, order placed

2009 Alpina White 135i M-Sport
Trans: Auto
Tune: JB4
Intercooler: ETS
Exhaust: AA
DP: AA
BOV: AA
Intake: AFE
Catch can: BMS
Strut brace: Cusco
Tail lights: LCI Blackline LED
(#210)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E90
Default 10-31-2013, 03:33 AM

hi

I am running 27.5, feels very nice.
Terry - I do not know if you still need logs, I have made a few (map2+5+6) and uploaded them here http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Are we reaching perfection with the software for JB4 G5 ISO for now..? Or is there anything new to come?

/René
BMW 335is E90 (euro version)
JB4 G5 ISO + BMS DCI + 7" Speed Parts FMIC
(#211)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335xi
Default 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM

lol... I finally decided to stop being lazy and run the USB cable. Took all of 15 minutes lol. I was on a March 12th (maybe?), 2013 firmware. It only went up to menu 10. Updated to 27.5 and just like that, my stupid WG rattle is gone. I didn't even have to futz with menu 10/12 or anything. Feels good.
(#212)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 11-04-2013, 01:32 PM

I went from 27_2 (WG rattle) to 27_5 and the rattle went away as well.
(#213)
Old

Car: a few
Default 11-04-2013, 08:21 PM

Here are my logs from 15 mins ago after the upload a couple of days ago. How am I looking Terry? If i'm not mistaken my lpfp is diving trims are maxing and pre boost is taking to long to reach target. Correct???
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Looks like a misfire or O2 sensor fault stored.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Default 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM

On which log, I cleared it b4 every run just forgot to switch back to map 5. But my open loop is set at 100 and still maxing out. Pump upgrade time or what???
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2013, 09:37 PM

You will have to read codes, etc, to determine what is wrong. If you need addl assistance post in the support section.

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old

Default 11-04-2013, 09:41 PM

Ok. Cool