N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 07:34 PM

Should work well but be sure to grab some logs if it doesn't.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 09-25-2013, 07:39 PM

Terry, is the iso 27 file i got a couple das ago from this thread the same as the iso 27.1 file in the g5 thread?

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 07:40 PM

If it says 27_1 it's the same file.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If it says 27_1 it's the same file.
Thanks Terry

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#55)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Should work well but be sure to grab some logs if it doesn't.
That should be no problem. I plan on spending my lunch break logging tomorrow to get ready for the dyno this weekend.

Ferrari Red F80
(#56)
Old

Car: 335i e90
Default 09-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Feedback

On cold start the WG's did not make as much noise moving around and setting themselves so that was something. I added the intank e85 pump as well and was logging awesome numbers and the car felt brand new. After three pulls things were looking good, then I took a right turn. Fuse is blowing and the joints are soldered, staggered, and sleeved.

Anything that this ISO changed that could be causing this? I doubt that is the case but I thought I would ask or at least provide the input. I started a thread about this so as not to clog this one but I thought I would check.
(#57)
Old

Car: 535 xit
Default Throwing Codes on Map 0 Start - 09-25-2013, 09:27 PM

Uploaded 27.1 this morning. Seemed a lot smoother low throttle on Map 1 compared to 26.6 Map 1, which was a bit "jumpy" on my car (no mods other than jb4, dci, sat flash). But when I went back to map 0, it kept throwing codes right after startup (2D2E / 2ABD first and then just repeated 2ABDs). No driving or anything. I could not get the codes to show up on Map 1 starts.
I reloaded iso 25 and did not get any codes on Map 0 starts.

Does this make any sense? Isn't Map 0 the same for all versions?

Last edited by skyak; 09-25-2013 at 09:47 PM..
(#58)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkninja
I have ISO19 right now. If I load the ISO27.... will I notice a big different from my car? I mean thats like a big gap in between updates. My car is running fine currently with ISO19. What's your thought?
Iso 19 was really good. I definitely wouldn't go 19 to 26, but 19 to 27 could be worth it if you're flashed.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#59)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Firmware is great, but is anyone else losing timing on the midrange at WOT? I never lose timing there but I am getting dips down to 5 degrees or so. AFR looks kind of high.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#60)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-26-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Firmware is great, but is anyone else losing timing on the midrange at WOT? I never lose timing there but I am getting dips down to 5 degrees or so. AFR looks kind of high.
I saw some midrange timing pull on my way to work this morning,not sure if I got some poor quality fuel or what, will post up logs when I get home.
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyak
Uploaded 27.1 this morning. Seemed a lot smoother low throttle on Map 1 compared to 26.6 Map 1, which was a bit "jumpy" on my car (no mods other than jb4, dci, sat flash). But when I went back to map 0, it kept throwing codes right after startup (2D2E / 2ABD first and then just repeated 2ABDs). No driving or anything. I could not get the codes to show up on Map 1 starts.
I reloaded iso 25 and did not get any codes on Map 0 starts.

Does this make any sense? Isn't Map 0 the same for all versions?
I did some testing here on map 0 and didn't have any issues. Perhaps there is some other issue going on with your car. Send a log of the map 0 startup triggering the code and I can check a few things.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Car: 07 335i coupe
Default 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM

I have not had a chance to do logs. Cops everywhere lastnight and this morning. updated to 27.1 on both 335i my and my cousins. His was going to "reduce power, limp mode" and would go away after restarting the car. My car does the same thing when i put the wastage position to 400rpm. If i put it on 1000 rpm+ its fine.
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid
I have not had a chance to do logs. Cops everywhere lastnight and this morning. updated to 27.1 on both 335i my and my cousins. His was going to "reduce power, limp mode" and would go away after restarting the car. My car does the same thing when i put the wastage position to 400rpm. If i put it on 1000 rpm+ its fine.
Any time you get a code first thing to do is to read it. And then do a log if its repeatable. The only code DWP could cause would be a 30FF code if your car is so slow to build boost after your setting changes the DME thinks it has a boost leak.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM

his codes were
30fe Boost over target
3100 low boost mode engaged CEL displayed

my codes are 30FF Boost under target -- possible boost leak.
will do some logs later this after.
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 09:46 AM

30FE is normally the result of diodes not cut on the board or stuck wastegates. Better log his ASAP as 30FE can be a dangerous proposition.

For 30FF, it means boost is below target. So you need to adjust the settings such that boost gets up to target sooner or add the flash that blocks the 30FF code all together if you need to run the lazy spool settings to mask rattle, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
30FE is normally the result of diodes not cut on the board or stuck wastegates. Better log his ASAP as 30FE can be a dangerous proposition.

For 30FF, it means boost is below target. So you need to adjust the settings such that boost gets up to target sooner or add the flash that blocks the 30FF code all together if you need to run the lazy spool settings to mask rattle, etc.
He was running iso 19 and bough his jb4 when it came with iso19 so i assume his diodes were cut already at purchase. I reset it for him we are going to see if it is going to come back.

30FF on my car and the limp mode is when im on low settings of menu 10. if i put it on 400 rpm the car feels bad on acceleration super leggy not enough power. if i put in on 1000rpm its much better. i cleared my codes also im going to drive it and get on it again and log it while its at 1000rpm see if i get issues like that.
(#67)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:

i attached a copy of his settings before we upgraded him to the iso27. I think it was on iso 19 but you can tell me for sure.
Attached Images

(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM

lol 10/01/12 firmware is a non ISO board. Cut his diodes and then update his settings before he breaks something.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
lol 10/01/12 firmware is a non ISO board. Cut his diodes before he breaks something.
WHAT?!!!!**** okay will try that on his later tonight im having him turn off the JB4 till we do that.

Now i guess for myn 30FF Boost under target -- possible boost leak

reset the codes and stay on 1000 rpm menu 10 then if i get that code again then something is wrong with the car ? anyways ill do a log as im driving back to the house and email it to you.
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 10:08 AM

If you need personal assistance from me email in a log. Ideally of the issue coming up.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
If you need personal assistance from me email in a log. Ideally of the issue coming up.
I know man. You rock which is why i keep buying stuff from you

Wish i can figure out why it acts weird on 400rpm in map 2 . its fine in map 0. i like the 0 rattle. Anyways i guess we can play with the rattle settings later. ill send some logs first on 1000 rpm and we go from there.
(#72)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-26-2013, 12:09 PM

Well, low RPM throttle definitely seems smoother.

On a side note, I think one of my fuel pumps died. LFP is dropping below 40 psi and the HPFP is also taking a huge dive. Also got the injector switchoff code. None of this is related to the update, though. I got the code twice before even uploading the new Hex, but today was the first time I caught it on a log. Car runs fine, otherwise. I hope I can get it fixed before Saturday!

Ferrari Red F80
(#73)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid
He was running iso 19 and bough his jb4 when it came with iso19 so i assume his diodes were cut already at purchase. I reset it for him we are going to see if it is going to come back.

30FF on my car and the limp mode is when im on low settings of menu 10. if i put it on 400 rpm the car feels bad on acceleration super leggy not enough power. if i put in on 1000rpm its much better. i cleared my codes also im going to drive it and get on it again and log it while its at 1000rpm see if i get issues like that.
Okay so i logged my buddies car and its hitting 23 psi almost target like 14.5 so now i defiantly think the diodes needs to be cut. i had to do a full run from 1-4th gear on WOT for the check engine light to come on and i sas in the log everything looks FED up.
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Yikes why would you even do a run like that? Just takes a moment to scrap a piston!

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Default 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM

it was my first time driving his car in months since he ggot the JB4 didnt know it would go that high. We just got a usb cable put in there so this was the first log ever. Anyways driving it on map 0 until we cant take off the diodes. His car is underwarranty so he didnt care. Only has 15k on it lol.

Terry i sent you an email with a bunch of logs on different settings. Im no longer getting the boost under target anymore as of right now at least. but when i do put the WG on 400rpm it feels to jumpy. i did some logs on 8 15 and 25 and sent them to you. Also here are 2 logs i did towards the end if you guys want to give me some feed back.