N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM

Need a few more logs on 27.1 to ensure its bug free for general public use.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Need a few more logs on 27.1 to ensure its bug free for general public use.
wow this is an amazing update terry.. i would love to log but my clutch is slipping so i dont push it to the limit until i fix it.. but after having 27iso 27.1 is 10x better very enjoyable driving at daily drivin. and very responsive.. no issues at all

07 e92 6MT
g5 iso
bb flash e85map
Dci
Occ
running E85+91 40/60 %
(#28)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Tried 27 tonight and found a definite lag for a second or so and then the power kicked in. The pull then was the hardest yet, wow, big difference. Just got 27.1 and will try that tomorrow to see if lag is gone. Great update,
(#29)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-24-2013, 07:55 PM

well, on g4 i had no fault codes, but car was running a lot slower.

after switching to g5 iso was like running g4 with fuel boosters, it improved a lot, the only fault code that i had was after running a few hours on road, or in a track, at the moment of deaceleration i think, the car just got half engine check on. saying that there is a issue with the engine or something like that. later i talked to my dealer and told me that he didn't had time to switch the cables from the g4 to the g5, i think that the switch is the board only, somebody know that?

i'm running iso 25 now but i will do the try with this one tomorrow.

best of the lucks on this new firmware
(#30)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns335guy
Tried 27 tonight and found a definite lag for a second or so and then the power kicked in. The pull then was the hardest yet, wow, big difference. Just got 27.1 and will try that tomorrow to see if lag is gone. Great update,
Lag on light throttle? That's what i'm having right now. Haven't updated to 27.1 yet though, will do that tomorrow afternoon

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#31)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 09:49 PM

Feels soooooo much better than 26.x. I will respond in email, but my only other qualm is that all of the recent firmwares build boost with very very little pedal. Would like a bit more dead zone in the pedal. I am going from nothing to snapping into ~2 psi of boost. Its a lot of accelerating and braking (with E85 flash).

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#32)
Old
Banned

Car: 2009 Bmw 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
Lag on light throttle? That's what i'm having right now. Haven't updated to 27.1 yet though, will do that tomorrow afternoon
yes there was lag on light thottle wity 27.hex but 27.1 fixed everything
(#33)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 09-25-2013, 03:17 AM

Should users of oem, back end flash of "pump", "Race" and "E85" be treated as variables for the updated firmware?

What is expected from having different back end flash's to the upgraded firmwares?

I bought cobb ap to do back end flash for jb4 but since I bought cobb ap the scene has changed to BT, free cable flashing and I don't have the cable to stay on top of updating back end flash's.
(#34)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008 coupe 6spm
Default 09-25-2013, 05:48 AM

I'm gona back end flash today with updating g4 to g5 with the 2step relay and maybe the trunk meth kit !

I think terry said that we could use that firm ware but we need a special back end flash for fuel pump. Isn't it ?

Last edited by mister_jp; 09-25-2013 at 06:39 AM..
(#35)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 09-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Is this update also for F series jb4 stage2?
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Is this update also for F series jb4 stage2?
No!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#37)
Old

Car: 335i -07
Default 09-25-2013, 09:09 AM

Went from integrated to ISO 27, and lost power from low rpm and got horrible rattle at idle, accelerating and during engine braking If waste gate posittion is <10 then rattle is almost gone, with integrated it was 99% gone (only with cold start-up). Also exhaust sound went really weird, loud and sharp?
Is there anything usefull in this log? With these setting rattle was horrible.
Attached Images

(#38)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 09-25-2013, 09:12 AM

have you cut the diodes on the G5 board ?

you 're far from the boost target...

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM

For starters your factory duty cycle is set to 8. So if you rattle at higher settings change DWP back to 8 (or 400rpm in dash on menu 10). Also, for some reason, you've left all the JB4 integrated settings after updating the firmware. Select G5 ISO and restore defaults to correct that.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM

I thought I changed settings from jb4 interface, it says G5 ISO there?

E: I think I got the settings right now, no rattle and here is the log

Last edited by Juuzmo; 09-25-2013 at 09:25 AM..
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Review the ISO settings page again carefully.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-25-2013, 09:26 AM

Go to "File" tab and under that select "Restore Defaults".

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#43)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM

Yeah I forgot to do that Now car sounds normal and feels better, no rattle with current settings! Here is picture and csv.
Attached Images

(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 09:35 AM

OK glad to hear!

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: 08 535xI
Default 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Very smooth... WOT pull stuttered mid rpm and I let off. After next few pulls it was completely fine. Hard pull, smooth and throttle response is great too.
(#46)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM

My car loves ISO 27. I havent been able to get in any WOT pulls, but driving around town feels great! There is a muffled WG rattle under light throttle starting at about 2.5k at about 15% throttle (thats my best guess, havent logged). But im soo over trying to stop rattle, its never going to happen and its not affecting my cars performance at all. If I want to eliminate it, I'll just have to get a set of RB's in the future!

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#47)
Old

Car: 535i 6MT
Default 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM

I have ISO19 right now. If I load the ISO27.... will I notice a big different from my car? I mean thats like a big gap in between updates. My car is running fine currently with ISO19. What's your thought?

2008 535i 6MT * JB4 G5 ISO * Luke performance flash * E40 * BMS 100% Meth * AR meowless DP * ETS FMIC * BMS OCC * BMS DCI * ER chargepipe * HKS bov * CDV deleted * Ksport coilovers * UUC short shift kit * AC schnitzer rear spolier *
(#48)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkninja
I have ISO19 right now. If I load the ISO27.... will I notice a big different from my car? I mean thats like a big gap in between updates. My car is running fine currently with ISO19. What's your thought?
I would recommend updating, but i would base the firmware on what works for your car and personal preference, not whats the newest thing. My car didnt like iso 19 or any of the 23 & 24 series. The 25 and up have been great for me! It really depends on your own car. They each seem to have their own personality. I would do it and see what you think. If you dont like it you can always go back. I have every ISO from 16 and up, so if you change and dont have 19 on file just PM me and I can email the hex file to you. Good luck!

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#49)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 09-25-2013, 06:05 PM

Just upgraded from 26.5 to 27.1 and I love it so far. Waste gates rattle less but tick more now. Quieter overall. Acceleration from a stop feels more analog. I like.

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#50)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-25-2013, 07:10 PM

I just uploaded 27.1, but haven't driven with it yet. We'll see how it does with the single turbo tomorrow.

Ferrari Red F80