N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Iso 27 - 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM

Hey guys,

Just designed a potential firmware revision that I *think* you guys are going to really like. It's very similar to 26.6 only with some tweaks to the low pedal input throttle blade management meant to both improve response & cut down rattle. Normal menu 10 & menu 12 settings will apply. Looking forward to some feedback and a few logs.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM

Good stuff, Terry. Cheers!
(#3)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Just loaded it up. Felt very good and had a bit more kick then previous firmwares for me. Here's a quick 3rd gear map 3 log I took. Other than the fact that I think I have a boost leak, it looks good to me

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#4)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Car: BMW 335xi
Wink 09-23-2013, 02:01 PM

So excited for this firmware, but my reaction when I remembered my car's in the shop getting ********* *** installed:

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#5)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Just designed a potential firmware revision that I *think* you guys are going to really like. It's very similar to 26.6 only with some tweaks to the low pedal input throttle blade management meant to both improve response & cut down rattle. Normal menu 10 & menu 12 settings will apply. Looking forward to some feedback and a few logs.
good thing these updated only take 6 mintues to load.

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#6)
Old

Car: 335 M-sport
Default 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM

Will try tonight, Don't know how much better it can get then 26.6 though

2009 335i M-sport--G5 ISO--AR 3" ******* DP's--BMS DCI--VRSF 7" FMIC--BMS Charge pipe--Eibach Pro/Koni yellow--M3 arms all around--BMW SSK--LUX V4--Michelin PSS--Spec Stage 2+ W/SMFW--Walbro 255LPFP
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2013, 07:21 PM

37 downloads but no feedback... ?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Default 09-23-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I was one, sorry Terry, I downloaded to flash later. My car's still in the shop. Bump cause Terry needs feedback people.

2007 E90 335xi 6AT Premium Pkg | JB4 G5 ISO | Cheap custom exhaust: OBX ********* ***, Secondary *** Delete w/ Magnaflow Xpipe | WedgePerformance Backend Flash ("PUMP") | DCI | BMS Cowl Filters | Alpina TCU Software | M3 flappy paddles retrofit | NGK "one step colder" Soon: custom oil cooler retrofit, VRSF 7" FMIC
(#9)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-23-2013, 08:10 PM

Felt a misfire on the way to work today (no codes), so I just downloaded this firmware and went out and got on it until the code popped up.

I really like this firmware.... very smooth initial pedal but still feels very responsive. I'll try to get some low throttle logs, but this felt really good. Upgraded from 26.5

Edit - i'm running the E85 flash but enabled the JB4 boost targets.

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#10)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 02:55 AM

I liked the low pedal feel so far but it's been raining non-stop since download...
(#11)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 09-24-2013, 04:42 AM

Hey Terry, can I use this firmware on my JB4 G4? I can't seem to find new firmwares for it.
(#12)
Old

Car: 09 E90
Default 09-24-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
Hey Terry, can I use this firmware on my JB4 G4? I can't seem to find new firmwares for it.
No you cannot. G5 iso only.
(#13)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 09-24-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz
No you cannot. G5 iso only.
Do you have any idea of where I can get a new firmware for the G4 ?
(#14)
Old
Gettin' There!

Car: '07 335i E92
Default 09-24-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Sorry Terry. I downloaded last night but wont be able to upload until tonight.

'07 335i E92 - FBO
(#15)
Old

Car: 07 E92, 08 E61 (N54s)
Default 09-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Will upload this morning. Probably won't have a chance to drive until I leave work though...

Evan

'07 335i, '08 535xiT
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
The last firmware made fro the G4 was around 8/12. There will be no future G4 firmware made. Get the $150 G4->G5 upgrade kit!

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Bravest N54 Owner Award

Default 09-24-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
The last firmware made fro the G4 was around 8/12. There will be no future G4 firmware made. Get the $150 G4->G5 upgrade kit!
I agree the improvement on G5 is worth it

(#18)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 08:39 AM

Will load up iso27 tonight or tomorrow along with the latest flash. I just replaced my LPFP, so I should be all set! I hope this brings the LPFP pressure to the 70psi range. I was in the 30s before!

-2007 335i - All stock
12.3@118+mph

-2007 Suzuki SV650 - Evotech FE, M4 Carbon Slip-on, Solo Seat

(#19)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM

Looks good from that log despite the fat boost leak. Will try it out tonight.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#20)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 09-24-2013, 09:42 AM

-I only had the 26.6 for 4 days so it’s hard to tell the difference between that and the 27
-so far no complaints

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Found a bug that may effect those running higher load flashes during spool up. I'll correct that and test the correction. But if there are any other logs out there on 27 shoot them in so I can check for any addl bugs before posting 27.1.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Found a bug that may effect those running higher load flashes during spool up. I'll correct that and test the correction. But if there are any other logs out there on 27 shoot them in so I can check for any addl bugs before posting 27.1.
Could that the delay I noticed last night? I'm noticing on low throttle like barely pressing down it takes the car a second or two to kick in. Basically a delay between pressing the throttle lightly and it realizing i'm pressing it

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2013, 12:50 PM

This has nothing to do with spool up per say. It's a condition that would throw fuel trims max negative for a moment during spool and feel like a stutter. Added 27.1 to the first post which corrects it. The exact trigger is when actual boost is less than DME BT the JB4 was setting DME PSI to DME BT rather than actual.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: E92
Default 09-24-2013, 01:11 PM

pretty much perfect throttle response on my car, super linear, as smooth if not smoother than stock.

Last edited by jeffb335; 09-24-2013 at 04:57 PM..
(#25)
Old

Car: 07 E92, 08 E61 (N54s)
Default 09-24-2013, 04:16 PM

Haven't had a chance to do a WOT pull with 27.1 yet, but I have noticed the throttle response is smoother and, strangely enough, the engine seems to turn over faster when starting. How odd.

'07 335i, '08 535xiT