N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
BeardedMan BeardedMan is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Car: E92 335xi N55
Default Intercooler for 335xi N55 Jb4 stage2 - 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM

So is it worth it ?
mods running now are
- JB4 stage 2
- ***-less ********
and looking forward for AFE intake to install.
Will bigger intercooler increase whp or is it just for cooling sake ?
Thanks !
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Narcosis's Avatar
Narcosis Narcosis is offline
The dude abides
 
Posts: 171
Join Date: Jun 2013
Car: E92 xdrive
Default 06-28-2013, 08:35 AM

In the big picture, a cooler intake charge will provide more power so the answer is perhaps.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart MarioKart is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Car: E90 335i
Default 06-28-2013, 09:42 AM

my intercooler gave me a couple HP's but it gave me the ability to run the car on back to back runs with out hp loss. Before the intercooler I was losing 20whp per run.


13' Mini GP #0295 330HP,15' M4 DCT YMB, JB4, BMS Intake, Shiftec DP, AWE Switch Back Exhaust, TC Kline ℅, 19's Rays Gram Lights, lots of CF parts 544whp on 91.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
BeardedMan BeardedMan is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Car: E92 335xi N55
Default 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart
my intercooler gave me a couple HP's but it gave me the ability to run the car on back to back runs with out hp loss. Before the intercooler I was losing 20whp per run.
so, in general , in gives you an ability to maintain highest performance level, especialy in high ambient temps, right ? other than that, may it cause some lag ?
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
MarioKart's Avatar
MarioKart MarioKart is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Car: E90 335i
Default 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMan
so, in general , in gives you an ability to maintain highest performance level, especialy in high ambient temps, right ? other than that, may it cause some lag ?
Pretty much. If you are the type of person that just punches it every so often then you may not notice an intercooler. If you do back to back runs on the street or track and live in a warm area then you will need it. To me an intercooler = consistency not HP


13' Mini GP #0295 330HP,15' M4 DCT YMB, JB4, BMS Intake, Shiftec DP, AWE Switch Back Exhaust, TC Kline ℅, 19's Rays Gram Lights, lots of CF parts 544whp on 91.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
BeardedMan BeardedMan is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Car: E92 335xi N55
Default 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Pretty much. If you are the type of person that just punches it every so often then you may not notice an intercooler. If you do back to back runs on the street or track and live in a warm area then you will need it. To me an intercooler = consistency not HP
Well said
Thank you for your explanation based on real world experience
By the way, maybe you may also clarify "intake" mean to me ) ?
They say it will provide another 10 whp !
Were you able to feel the increase ? apart from the charactestic sound of )
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
brendan's Avatar
brendan brendan is offline
Brendan
 
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2013
Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 06-29-2013, 12:52 AM

afe intake gave me a little more feeling of power but after putting intercooler on i could feel more power gain although being slight. the intercooler made my car feel stronger down lower rpms but thats just my experience with it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com