N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 05-21-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksilver
so this is what was going on. The clamp around the reservoir was sitting to high and all he needs to do is loosen the bolt that holds the clamp on and slide the reservoir up a bit so that it doesn't clash with the alternator. When you loosen the bolt you can move the clamp up or down and rotate for best fitment with the hoses and also with clearance to the alternator and then just re tighten when in the right position. 1 minute fix See pic below for proper install.
I've been following your progress on your turbos and inlets. Looks impressive and I'm eager to pull the trigger on them soon.
Quick question for you, your original post on the 1st page of this thread displays the power steering reservoir directly besides the coolant tank. However the picture posted above shows the power steering reservoir attached close to the manifold. For the inlet kits you sell, where will the power steering bracket and power steering reservoir be located? As the original pic shows on the 1st page or as the picture above displays?
(#277)
Old

Car: 335i Cp TiAg JB3 DCI
Default 05-21-2015, 01:57 PM

I need to update the pictures in the first post. When I first released the kit it was with the 335D coolant tank and PS reservoir next to it. The issue with the 335D tank is that it would not fit all aftermarket chargepipes. I revised the kit then and made it so that it would reuse the stock coolant tank and now works with all aftermarket chargepipes.

the picture in post 266 is accurate and the one in post 1 is not accurate anymore. Will change it later.

Stock Turbo 500whp 540wtq with MMP inlets
http://mmp-e.com
  • inlets (high flow and one piece silicone)
  • high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#278)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-15-2015, 09:08 AM

Those filters look a little small. What size are they? Would they support the airflow of your new turbo setup you are releasing?
(#279)
Old

Default 06-15-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i08
Those filters look a little small. What size are they? Would they support the airflow of your new turbo setup you are releasing?
Yes. I have bench flow testing results with the filters and they can flow more than enough.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#280)
Old

Car: 535XI
Default 535XI fitment! - 07-02-2015, 09:31 AM

Any chance these would work on e60 535xi? Install will probably be a nightmare super tight engine bay, I had to have engine dropped just to install RB's with ********* DP's.
(#281)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default 07-02-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinchino
Any chance these would work on e60 535xi? Install will probably be a nightmare super tight engine bay, I had to have engine dropped just to install RB's with ********* DP's.
Why was the engine dropped?

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC
(#282)
Old

Car: 535XI
Default 07-02-2015, 12:57 PM

XI are a b**** to swap turbos nearly impossible to install by just dropping sub frame, I say nearly impossible because some folks have done it by dropping the sub-frame from one side (Oceans XI Wagon). In my situation we tried but it was a no go and the engine had to be dropped to do a thorough install of RB's and DP's.

Here's the thread from 2 years ago!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21049

@UCSBWSR hows that custom inlet working out, I would love to do the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
Why was the engine dropped?

Last edited by latinchino; 07-02-2015 at 01:04 PM..
(#283)
Old

Default 08-06-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Hahaha Tony the troll!!!

Tony, cool story Bro . So much fail in your post its hilarious! Can you hear your market share on intake ***** shrinking?

.4 Mach is a rule of thumb (gross estimate) for maximum possible flow without going to turbulent flow when pressure losses get exponential! BUT it doesn't matter if below .4 Mach , smaller pipe is more pressure loss and less flow period, it is just fluid dynamics and physics, something you have shown to know little to nothing about in other threads I have argued with you, all you have is rule of thumbs using them out of context . Also, the ***** and website you quoted is dealing with the charge side, NOT the intake side so you are using out of context and completely WRONG! On the charge side you have to weigh benefits of bigger pipe against turbo lag due to bigger charge volume, that is where these guidelines help make good piping decisions, NOT on the intake side. nice try bro! And you are right about one thing, air does go slower in larger *****, good call bro! But you have no idea once again what you are talking about because if you knew anything about fluid dynamics for inlets of turbos, you would realize this is highly desirable because when air slows down in larger ***** or chambers it INCREASES pressure because of this little fluid dynamic LAW called Bernoulli's law which I doubt you know anything about. if what you said was even closely remote to true, you should call up formula one race teams with 500 engineers on staff for a couple cars and tell them "your doing it all wrong, your not following the rule of thumb!" LOL!!! Exhibit A, current turbo formula 1 intake below

Also Tony, so much fail in this statement! That guideline ONLY applies to the charge side of a turbo, NOT the intake side. You are completely wrong in applying this to the intake side. I will just chalk this up to you being ignorant and spreading miss information around. Just read the forum posts you linked to LOL, they are discussing the charge side, not the intake side! If this were true for intake side, then why would people ever run velocity stack filters right at the turbo inlet, duh! I hope no one falls for your crap, just blatant miss information.
So my question is, whether or not he is wrong. What will the difference be between 1.75" and 2" and 2.5" ?

I am on stock turbos.
(#284)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 08-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Is the kit available for rhd?

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#285)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 535i - 02-21-2016, 10:52 PM

Does it fit on 535i?

Can someone post a dyi to remove the factory inlet on the 535?
It looks tight on the passenger side

2010 535i msport
JB4 G5 31.8 firmware
MHS JB4 back end pump gas flash
BMS DCI
VRSF Charge pipe
TIAL BOV
Auto trans
93 octane
(#286)
Old

Default 02-22-2016, 06:08 PM

Aluminum inlets won't fit 535 but my silicone inlets driver side will fit

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#287)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 02-22-2016, 06:49 PM

necessary to purchase the high flow silicones?

2011 E93 335is | FBO | Race Flash

2013 E92 335is | FBO | BMS Meth Kit | Inline Pump | MHD e85 Flash
(#288)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 03-05-2016, 09:55 PM

I am about to order...Can someone tell me the power difference between the aluminum kit (which requires moving expansion tank, etc) vs. the silicone kit (which doesn't require moving any components)?

2007 E90 335i 6AT - 580whp/550wtq
(#289)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 12:07 PM

I would say you can make the same power with both, just a matter of preference. I like the silicone kit a bit more for the typical stock Turbo user looking for max power as a bit more reliable and easier to install. For plans to upgrade turbos, the aluminum kit is better as easy to upgrade the connection elbows to the turbos.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#290)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 01:16 PM

I went with the aluminum kit (even though it's a bit harder to install) as the ***** go directly to the turbos with very little bends or twists. I also ordered the aluminum outlets.

Would the aluminum inlets work with hybrid turbos (such as Hexon RR600)? Still not sure if I'm going with hybrids or stockers.

(#291)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM
I went with the aluminum kit (even though it's a bit harder to install) as the ***** go directly to the turbos with very little bends or twists. I also ordered the aluminum outlets.

Would the aluminum inlets work with hybrid turbos (such as Hexon RR600)? Still not sure if I'm going with hybrids or stockers.
The aluminum inlets have a silicone elbow that connects to the stock housing that many hybrids use which is 1.75" connection. What connection size does RR600 have?

One nice feature of the aluminum inlets is they are easy/cheap to upgrade in the future by just swapping out the elbows in case your hybrid turbos have a different size connection.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#292)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 07:40 PM

^
The Hexon RR600 have a "stock" connection size of 1.81" per Hexon.
Slicksilver, can you confirm if you have the outlets in stock? And do you know when my order (placed last night) will ship out?

(#293)
Old

Default 03-06-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM
^
The Hexon RR600 have a "stock" connection size of 1.81" per Hexon.
Slicksilver, can you confirm if you have the outlets in stock? And do you know when my order (placed last night) will ship out?
Outlets are due in March 15

Email me with order number and I will answer your other question.

• high flow outlets
  • turbo development
(#294)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default 03-07-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinchino
XI are a b**** to swap turbos nearly impossible to install by just dropping sub frame, I say nearly impossible because some folks have done it by dropping the sub-frame from one side (Oceans XI Wagon). In my situation we tried but it was a no go and the engine had to be dropped to do a thorough install of RB's and DP's.

Here's the thread from 2 years ago!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21049

@UCSBWSR hows that custom inlet working out, I would love to do the same!
Sorry, just saw this...
Still find it odd the engine needed to be dropped. What couldn't you access with just the passenger side subframe dropped (or complete subframe dropped), it sounds like inadequate tools for the job but still wondering what the specific issue was.

I love my inlets, I have never "tested" them but my engine runs strong and logs look good. As a bonus they make a lot of cool noises and are a unique custom built system.

Evan

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC
(#295)
Old

Default 03-08-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Outlets are due in March 15

Email me with order number and I will answer your other question.
Email sent yesterday.